hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maurice thanks for the update, will try and get alone to some of the games this season. Until I saw something on the Hibs site yesterday, was the 1st time I knew their was a game was on
    Disappointed only 9 games in the reserve league. The players overage for the 18’s, not going to have too much football again this season, unless they go out on loan
    I think Brooster said they are setting up friendlies with English clubs throughout the season though I might be wrong.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Hope to get to see a few games this season.

Quote Originally Posted by big-mo View Post
    Just to confirm a few things people have already asked on this tread.
    the Reserve league is again a limited format with only 9 games, with each team only playing each other just the once, there is also the Reserve League cup where there are two groups of five teams, winners and runners up going through to the semis.

The game at St Andrews was our youngsters against Burnley’s U20s. Hard game but two late goals from them put a bit of a gloss on the final score 5-1. Max Fiddes scored for us, but not sure if he has actually signed for us. He is an 07 so, not eligible for the under 18s.

Next Tuesday play Formartine Utd in the Challenge Cup/SPFL Trust Trophy, 7:30 at Meadowbank, the winners of that game play the winners of Brechin v Hearts B. Our team will most likely be a mixture of our fringe, Development, Reserve and U18s, much like the teams that played against Dunbar and Berwick Rangers.

Yesterdays CAS under 18s game against St Mirren was taken by Daz and Boozy. Quite a good game, with Hibs eventually getting the lead after 15 mins, Alfie Smith doing well in midfield and threading the ball to Josh Landers who beat the keeper. Saint had a number of chances but our keeper. Had a few good saves. Late in the game we played more long balls as they chased the game, Landers did well to keep their keeper on his toes and was able to feed Clelland who fired from just inside the box to make it two. With only a few minutes remaining Clelland scored from almost the same spot. 0-3, a result that sees us top of the league on goal difference. The Hibs side were without a number of their regulars as they had a couple of out with short term injuries and the rest training with the first team. Next game is against Hamilton on Friday at HTC, evening k/o, this is followed by a game against a hearts on Tuesday at the Oriam.

A number of last seasons U18s have been released, so doing take too much notice of the squad on the official website as it has not been updated.
    Brilliant thanks
    i try to get along to most games. 👍🏻

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    the Reserve league is again a limited format with only 9 games, with each team only playing each other just the once, there is also the Reserve League cup where there are two groups of five teams, winners and runners up going through to the semis.

The game at St Andrews was our youngsters against Burnley’s U20s. Hard game but two late goals from them put a bit of a gloss on the final score 5-1. Max Fiddes scored for us, but not sure if he has actually signed for us. He is an 07 so, not eligible for the under 18s.

Next Tuesday play Formartine Utd in the Challenge Cup/SPFL Trust Trophy, 7:30 at Meadowbank, the winners of that game play the winners of Brechin v Hearts B. Our team will most likely be a mixture of our fringe, Development, Reserve and U18s, much like the teams that played against Dunbar and Berwick Rangers.

Yesterdays CAS under 18s game against St Mirren was taken by Daz and Boozy. Quite a good game, with Hibs eventually getting the lead after 15 mins, Alfie Smith doing well in midfield and threading the ball to Josh Landers who beat the keeper. Saint had a number of chances but our keeper. Had a few good saves. Late in the game we played more long balls as they chased the game, Landers did well to keep their keeper on his toes and was able to feed Clelland who fired from just inside the box to make it two. With only a few minutes remaining Clelland scored from almost the same spot. 0-3, a result that sees us top of the league on goal difference. The Hibs side were without a number of their regulars as they had a couple of out with short term injuries and the rest training with the first team. Next game is against Hamilton on Friday at HTC, evening k/o, this is followed by a game against a hearts on Tuesday at the Oriam.

A number of last seasons U18s have been released, so doing take too much notice of the squad on the official website as it has not been updated.
    Maurice don’t know when it was changed, but SPFL site is showing Hibs v Formartine as Wednesday 2nd August at 7.30pm, not Tuesday
    Presume it’s pay at the gate, as there’s no ticket option on the Hibs site

https://spfl.co.uk/league/challenge-cup/fixtures

Blog Entries

Maurice, many thanks for this. I'm a bit confused about your Max Fiddes comment. If he's an 07, that would make him 16? Does that mean he's too young for U 18s?
    I miss watching our young boys/reserves.

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    Maurice, many thanks for this. I'm a bit confused about your Max Fiddes comment. If he's an 07, that would make him 16? Does that mean he's too young for U 18s?
    Bruce has been playing for the development team and he’s 16.
    I think any player of any age can play, as long as they are not over the age guidelines .

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    Fiddes was born in 2005, he’ll be 18 in December.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Maurice don’t know when it was changed, but SPFL site is showing Hibs v Formartine as Wednesday 2nd August at 7.30pm, not Tuesday
    Presume it’s pay at the gate, as there’s no ticket option on the Hibs site

https://spfl.co.uk/league/challenge-cup/fixtures
    Sorry, you are right, just a bit of a typo on my part, yes it is Hibs Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday next week.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    Fiddes was born in 2005, he’ll be 18 in December.
    Not sure of his DOB but in Scotland if you are under 18 on 1st jan you are eligible to play in the under 18 the following season starting July. (In England it is the start of the school year in August for being Under 18). Anyway I get the impression from what I am hearing is that he will not be offered a contract, but I may be wrong.

As for the lower age limit for players, I am not sure if there is one, Josh O’Connor and a few others were playing in the U18 when they were only 14, in fact Josh scored in the youth cup when only 14.

Not sure of his DOB but in Scotland if you are under 18 on 1st jan you are eligible to play in the under 18 the following season starting July. (In England it is the start of the school year in August for being Under 18). Anyway I get the impression from what I am hearing is that he will not be offered a contract, but I may be wrong.

As for the lower age limit for players, I am not sure if there is one, Josh O’Connor and a few others were playing in the U18 when they were only 14, in fact Josh scored in the youth cup when only 14.
    He was listed by name on the team sheet for the Burnley game as opposed to trialist.

How did the Spaniards get on?

Josh o’connor played from the start, and scored a penalty in a 1-0 win for Airdrie today.

Quote Originally Posted by HIBS NUTS View Post
    Josh o’connor played from the start, and scored a penalty in a 1-0 win for Airdrie today.
    He's doing well there. Seems to have been a good move for him and will be better than playing development games.

Blog Entries

Thanks!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    I think Brooster said they are setting up friendlies with English clubs throughout the season though I might be wrong.
    He said that last season the Development team played about 20-25 games in the league, league cup, Challenge Cup and friendlies against English clubs last season, so hopefully we manage to get the same or more in the diary.
    Last edited by Danderhall Hibs; 29-07-2023 at 08:14 PM.

Airdrie are apparently also joining the Reserve League for this season according to their manager.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    Airdrie are apparently also joining the Reserve League for this season according to their manager.
    IVE got a feeling Airdrie will do well in championship.
    I’ve just had a bet at 30/1 to win it.
    4 wins from 4 games in the league cup.
    Let’s hope the 2 young hibees lead them to glory 😄
    Last edited by HIBS NUTS; 29-07-2023 at 08:30 PM.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    IVE got a feeling Airdrie will do well in championship.
    I’ve just had a bet at 30/1 to win it.
    4 wins from 4 games in the league cup.
    Let’s hope the 2 young hibeeslead them to glory 😄
    Fancy them or the Pars to come up.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    Fancy them or the Pars to come up.
    pars 10/1

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar

More good reports on Murray Aiken who also played the full 90 mins.

👍

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    More good reports on Murray Aiken who also played the full 90 mins.

👍
    Brilliant. it’s showing loaning young players can be the way forward. 👍🏻

Next few fixtures

Here are the next few scheduled fixtures for the U18s and Development teams-

02/08/2023 Challenge Cup H Formartine Utd
    04/08/2023 CAS U18s League H Hamilton
    08/08/2023 CAS U18s League A Hearts
    11/08/2023 CAS U18s League H Queen's Park
    18/08/2023 Scottish YC R1
    25/08/2023 CAS U18s League A Celtic
    08/09/2023 CAS U18s League A Rangers
    15/09/2023 Scottish YC R2
    22/09/2023 CAS U18s League H Dundee Utd
    29/09/2023 CAS U18s League A Aberdeen

@hibs.net private member
    Here are the next few scheduled fixtures for the U18s and Development teams-

02/08/2023 Challenge Cup H Formartine Utd
    04/08/2023 CAS U18s League H Hamilton
    08/08/2023 CAS U18s League A Hearts
    11/08/2023 CAS U18s League H Queen's Park
    18/08/2023 Scottish YC R1
    25/08/2023 CAS U18s League A Celtic
    08/09/2023 CAS U18s League A Rangers
    15/09/2023 Scottish YC R2
    22/09/2023 CAS U18s League H Dundee Utd
    29/09/2023 CAS U18s League A Aberdeen
    Thanks Mo. I assume there’ll be more development games being scheduled? Only 1 in that list through to end of September.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Thanks Mo. I assume there’ll be more development games being scheduled? Only 1 in that list through to end of September.
    I have not seen the Development/Reserve fixture list so far but once I have it, I will try and port it here.

As for the U18s - here is the rest of the 'scheduled' fixtures for the rest of the season. - As normal, subject to change.

06/10/23 Hibs v Motherwell
    17/11/23 Hamilton V Hibs
    24/11/23 Scottish Youth Cup Round 4
    01/12/23 Hibs v Hearts
    08/12/23 Queen’s Park v Hibs
    15/12/23 Hibs v Celtic
    Winter Break
    12/01/23 Hibs Free week
    19/01/24 Hibs v Rangers
    26/01/24 Scottish Youth Cup Q/F
    02/02/24 Dundee Utd v Hibs
    09/02/24 Hibs v Aberdeen
    16/02/24 Motherwell v Hibs
    23/02/24 Kilmarnock v Hibs
    Split - Top 6 / Bottom 5
    01/03/24 Scottish Youth Cup S/F
    08/03/24
    15/03/24
    22/03/24
    26/03/24
    29/03/24
    05/04/24
    12/04/24
    12/04/24 Scottish Youth Cup Final
    19/04/24
    26/04/24
    03/05/24

I have not seen the Development/Reserve fixture list so far but once I have it, I will try and port it here.

As for the U18s - here is the rest of the 'scheduled' fixtures for the rest of the season. - As normal, subject to change.

17/11/23 Hamilton V Hibs
    01/12/23 Hibs v Hearts
    15/12/23 Hibs v Celtic
    Winter Break
    12/01/23 Hibs Free week
    19/01/24 Hibs v Rangers
    09/02/24 Hibs v Aberdeen
    Split - Top 6 / Bottom 5
    08/03/24
    15/03/24
    22/03/24
    26/03/24
    29/03/24
    05/04/24
    12/04/24
    19/04/24
    26/04/24
    03/05/24
    As for the Chellange Cup / Spfl Trust Trophy, many of the games are played on Tuesday, we are Wedneday and the second round is scheduled for 15th Aug.

Thanks for the updates, just wish Hibs could upload something after each game, even the goals.

I do agree we need more development games if possible, we can't loan out everyone so these games are great for the likes of Rudi, Jacob, Reuben etc

I'm still wondering what the plan is with Oscar, not really been involved much with the first team, how did he get on yesterday?

@hibs.net private member

17/11/23 Hamilton V Hibs
    01/12/23 Hibs v Hearts
    15/12/23 Hibs v Celtic
    Winter Break
    12/01/23 Hibs Free week
    19/01/24 Hibs v Rangers
    09/02/24 Hibs v Aberdeen
    Split - Top 6 / Bottom 5
    08/03/24
    15/03/24
    22/03/24
    26/03/24
    29/03/24
    05/04/24
    12/04/24
    19/04/24
    26/04/24
    03/05/24
    👍🏼

Any idea what the price is for the Formartine game?

Quote Originally Posted by Tambo View Post
    Thanks for the updates, just wish Hibs could upload something after each game, even the goals.

I do agree we need more development games if possible, we can't loan out everyone so these games are great for the likes of Rudi, Jacob, Reuben etc

I'm still wondering what the plan is with Oscar, not really been involved much with the first team, how did he get on yesterday?
    I am hearing that Oscar was/is to be loaned out but waiting to find out how long Obita may be out for, not wanting to left without cover.

Quote Originally Posted by oconnors_strip View Post
    Any idea what the price is for the Formartine game?
    Probably around £5

@hibs.net private member linlithgowhibbie's Avatar
    I can remember watching Formartine at their then home in Udny Station about 13 miles north of Aberdeen in the 60s, sadly another ground that is now housing. I think it may originally have been called Station Park.