hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast

Hibs Under 18s/Development Squad 23/24

Good luck to the young lads. Who do you think will break into the first team this season?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumble de Thump View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good luck to the young lads. Who do you think will break into the first team this season?
    Thanks for setting up thread.

I am sure Molotnikov and McAllister will stake claims by seasons end.

Quote Originally Posted by andrew70 View Post
    Thanks for setting up thread.

I am sure Molotnikov and McAllister will stake claims by seasons end.
    Looking that way from pre-season, I was surprised Oscar was not involved and wonder if a loan will be agreed.

Does anyone know if any of the players currently out on loan at the moment eligible to play development matches? I could be wrong but I'm sure this deal had been arranged in the past.

It could be a big ask for the 18's to be asked to play both levels.

@hibs.net private member
    Have we still got a development team? Barely played any games last season and we’ve binned loads of the over agers so was assuming we were going 1st team and under 18/19 only?

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Have we still got a development team? Barely played any games last season and we’ve binned loads of the over agers so was assuming we were going 1st team and under 18/19 only?
    How many games did they play last season and who's been binned?

From last seasons 18s I thought the stick outs were Owen Hastie and Jacob McIntyre. In the Development team Delferriere was the stand out in my opinion.

Development team have played dunbar, berwick, and gretna,so far, they will probably play blackpool next week.
    Mainly under 18s, and darren mcgregor.😄

Murray Johnstone, and mcclelland are on loan to queen of the south for a season.
    Josh occonnor, and hastie are on loan to airdrie.
    None have played in the development team so far.

Last season`s devt team played in a reserve league which didn`t include Celtic or Rangers and meant about 20 competitive matches incliding cups . Then a few games against English clubs which was supposed to be the original plan but during the whole year . I think a lot of the players played for on loan clubs at weekends while playing for our devt team midweek ( wasn`t a full season anyway ) . Presumably there`ll be some sort of reserve league we could play in this season .
    Are we the only club which talks about a " devt team " ? I`m in a tiny minority but I think the idea of signing potentially good young players , having a "devt team" was a great idea and I`m sorry it wasn`t continued . It was the only way to try to make making top 2 and some progress in Europe a realistic ambition .

Murray had a great, but short, loan spell at the start of the other season. I think this could be a good season for him.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    How many games did they play last season and who's been binned?

From last seasons 18s I thought the stick outs were Owen Hastie and Jacob McIntyre. In the Development team Delferriere was the stand out in my opinion.
    Hardly any - I asked last season and got various different sketchy answers due to the mix up with the under 19s, under 18s and the odd game after Christmas the dev team played.

Hauge and Tait are away and Tavares on his way. Can’t think of who else - obviously the loan deals instead of development team games is seen as more beneficial this season for the likes of O’Connor and Johnston.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble de Thump View Post
    Murray had a great, but short, loan spell at the start of the other season. I think this could be a good season for him.
    I was disappointed that murray Johnstone was on the bench for queen of the south in the league cup.
    No point of being out on loan and not playing.😞

I would imagine the development team,this season, will be used more for first team players, not getting a start, and under 18s.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by IberianHibernian View Post
    Last season`s devt team played in a reserve league which didn`t include Celtic or Rangers and meant about 20 competitive matches incliding cups . Then a few games against English clubs which was supposed to be the original plan but during the whole year . I think a lot of the players played for on loan clubs at weekends while playing for our devt team midweek ( wasn`t a full season anyway ) . Presumably there`ll be some sort of reserve league we could play in this season .
    Are we the only club which talks about a " devt team " ? I`m in a tiny minority but I think the idea of signing potentially good young players , having a "devt team" was a great idea and I`m sorry it wasn`t continued . It was the only way to try to make making top 2 and some progress in Europe a realistic ambition .
    I agree with you, the development team idea is a good one, it was just badly executed. I thought the strategy last summer was good but we weren't prepared for it as a club, didn't have the right people making recruitment decisions and so the strategy failed.

It's a shame, we've gone back to tried and tested for this season and I think we'll do well but we've taken a step back in the long term aspirations of the club, imho.

I hope we revisit that strategy later and I think we'll need to make sure the foundations are there and the first team - which should always be the priority - are better suited for it.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Megwa, McAllister and Rudi to all make debuts before January before the latter two going out on loan for more consistent football.

O’Connor, Blaney, Johnson and McLellend hopefully come back in good positions for pre season next year, think McLellend could be similar to tait though and would have made the first time by now if he was good enough.

I really hope O'Connor kicks on. He's got decent physical attributes and seems to have a good attitude. If they get game time they need to make the most of it.

Hardly any - I asked last season and got various different sketchy answers due to the mix up with the under 19s, under 18s and the odd game after Christmas the dev team played.

Hauge and Tait are away and Tavares on his way. Can’t think of who else - obviously the loan deals instead of development team games is seen as more beneficial this season for the likes of O’Connor and Johnston.
    The Development team played about 20-25 games in the league, league cup, Challenge Cup and friendlies against English clubs, I went to at least 10 of them.

I don't know what you mean by binned but only one player has been released (Josh McCulloch). Hague has been transferred and the likes of Aiken, O’Connor, Tait, Johnson and McClelland are on loan whilst Laidlaw hasn't renewed his contract.

@hibs.net private member
    The Development team played about 20-25 games in the league, league cup, Challenge Cup and friendlies against English clubs, I went to at least 10 of them.

I don't know what you mean by binned but only one player has been released (Josh McCulloch). Hague has been transferred and the likes of Aiken, O’Connor, Tait Johnson and McClelland are on loan whilst Laidlaw hasn't renewed his contract.
    When Steve Kean spoke about it he wasn’t as clear as you were on the number of games. So Hague is out and Tait too? Plus the others you mentioned out on loan instead of playing in the reserve league?

As has been said above it was a good idea but don’t think at the right time for us as a club. This approach feels better - I wouldn’t want them playing the in Lowland League either.

When Steve Kean spoke about it he wasn’t as clear as you were on the number of games. So Hague is out and Tait too? Plus the others you mentioned out on loan instead of playing in the reserve league?

As has been said above it was a good idea but don’t think at the right time for us as a club. This approach feels better - I wouldn’t want them playing the in Lowland League either.
    Hague has been transfered, McCulloch has been released and Laidlaw didn't sign a new contract.

6 or 7 are away on loan including Tait and at least one more will be going on loan soon. Depending on the type of loan they can still play Development games on a Tuesday afternoon.

The Development teams which played against Dunbar, Berwick and Gretna were very young and included a number of 15 and 16 year olds.

They've potentially got friendlies against foreign and English opposition coming up very soon which will be a good test for them.

@hibs.net private member
    Hague has been transfered, McCulloch has been released and Laidlaw didn't sign a new contract.

6 or 7 are away on loan including Tait and at least one more will be going on loan soon. Depending on the type of loan they can still play Development games on a Tuesday afternoon.

The Development teams which played against Dunbar, Berwick and Gretna were very young and included a number of 15 and 16 year olds.

They've potentially got friendlies against foreign and English opposition coming up very soon which will be a good test for them.
    Cheers - interesting to know it’s still a thing. Genuinely thought we’d scrapped it - will try and keep a better eye out for games this season.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar

Shouldn’t be long until the announce the reserve league fixtures
    Think it started in September last year
    Remember we’ve got the SPFL trust trophy game in a few weeks

https://spfl.co.uk/news/spfl-trust-t...-details-49285

Any updates on Laidlaw? Training with a new club?

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tambo View Post
    Any updates on Laidlaw? Training with a new club?
    Last I heard he was training with Falkirk but that was a couple of weeks ago

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    Last I heard he was training with Falkirk but that was a couple of weeks ago
    Latest was Brentford.
    I can’t see any scottish team paying the development fee, being quoted .

I'm very surprised that Oscar MacIntyre has not had any game time so far.

Left at home for the training camp, stuck at home playing development games while I could be wrong but I'm sure Jacob played LB/LWB vs Bournemouth for a short time before it got changed. I could be wrong on that.

Not even involved tonight and that's including Obita being out injured.

Quote Originally Posted by HIBS NUTS View Post
    Latest was Brentford.
    I can’t see any scottish team paying the development fee, being quoted .
    Would we get anything if he went to an English team? I've only seen Watford quoted.

Would love to get him back, he could go straight into that first team squad and should have the confidence to become a fixture.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I agree with you, the development team idea is a good one, it was just badly executed. I thought the strategy last summer was good but we weren't prepared for it as a club, didn't have the right people making recruitment decisions and so the strategy failed.

It's a shame, we've gone back to tried and tested for this season and I think we'll do well but we've taken a step back in the long term aspirations of the club, imho.

I hope we revisit that strategy later and I think we'll need to make sure the foundations are there and the first team - which should always be the priority - are better suited for it.
    Couldn`t have put it better . Devt team idea was / is a great idea and it`s a pity we didn`t have courage to keep it going ( I suspect Ron Gordon`s health problems played a big part as I`m sure he would have wanted us to keep giving it importance even if first team was struggling ) . Was a possible way to try to make team compete at a higher level in the next 3 / 5 / 10 years . Now we`re back to thinking 3rd to 5th is success which it is if you look at last 50 years . And will now have to accept that when we do qualify for Europe like this year , that we`ll struggle against almost any opposition . Hearts lost against a Maltese team a few years ago . We all enjoyed it but with financial restrictions faced by clubs based in Scotland it wasn`t really a big surprise and there will be more , hopefully not involving us . What`s being called devt team now is basically a reserve team - players too old for Under 18 , players coming back from injury etc.

Quote Originally Posted by KWJ View Post
    Would we get anything if he went to an English team? I've only seen Watford quoted.

Would love to get him back, he could go straight into that first team squad and should have the confidence to become a fixture.
    Apparently he trained with watford, falkirk, and brentford, one of our more intelligent posters, worked out the development fee would be at least £200,000 because he has been at hibs since 11.
    My bairn seen him training at pinkie astroturf musselburgh , a few weeks ago.
    East Lothian is like a small village, everyone knows everyone’s business.😄
    The rumours arnt always correct.👍🏻

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HIBS NUTS View Post
    Apparently he trained with watford, falkirk, and brentford, one of our more intelligent posters, worked out the development fee would be at least £200,000 because he has been at hibs since 11.
    My bairn seen him training at pinkie astroturf musselburgh , a few weeks ago.
    East Lothian is like a small village, everyone knows everyone’s business.😄
    The rumours arnt always correct.👍🏻
    He trained with Falkirk without doubt and that came from a Falkirk first team player, he was never signing for them however and it was simply giving him the facility.

Starting line up today:

Walacott, Miller, Megea, Harbottle, Hastie, McKay, Jeggo, Newell, McAllister, Melkerson and Doidge.

Hibs 1 up through a Doidge penalty.

2 nil own goal after a great cross from McKay