hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by 7Hero View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i estimate a £200k + for the team, coaches and hanger's on ...
    Hangers on ffs, hibs have obviously budgeted for the trip so no issues really, although you obviously do

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by The Baldmans Comb View Post
    40/50 people staying on the site 5 star hotel all inclusive for 8 days plus hire of the facilities and the cost of the flights then at a guess £150,000.

Take them paintballing next year instead of
    just adding to the £2m already owed to the very clever Gordons.
    Get in the sea!!!!

LJ..seems to think it was wothwhile,
    With the continental heatwave gripping Marbella, the Englishman is of the belief it has only put his players in a stronger position fitness wise as they bring down the curtains on their eight-day camp.

Johnson added: “It has been an intense week for us, which the heat has magnified. When we come back to the normal climate we will gain that extra yard, that extra breath, and our fitness levels will have improved greatly.

“We’ve had a good balance between rest, play, and hard work - but the squad bonding is key on trips like this - and this has been an excellent week for us out here.”

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    LJ out!
    Sack the board!
    Petrie

40/50 people staying on the site 5 star hotel all inclusive for 8 days plus hire of the facilities and the cost of the flights then at a guess £150,000.

just adding to the £2m already owed to the very clever Gordons.
    They flew Ryanair so was hardly luxury travel. We were on the same flight coming home Friday morning. It would be great accommodation but don’t think they would scooping up on an all inclusive deal. They were working not on their holidays. 😂

Can you save this thread for when we lose the first five league games

Even for me, a tad jumping the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    Can you save this thread for when we lose the first five league games

Even for me, a tad jumping the gun.
    Tbh I don't think there is a huge amount of moaning or criticism of the club.

A bit of discussion about the pros and cons of training abroad and the associated costs. General agreement it's worth it and a couple of posts on either side that seem determined to provoke an argument or are reacting to something that isn't really being said. The latter group are best, and easily, ignored. If you don't ignore them they just drag the whole place down.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Tbh I don't think there is a huge amount of moaning or criticism of the club.

A bit of discussion about the pros and cons of training abroad and the associated costs. General agreement it's worth it and a couple of posts on either side that seem determined to provoke an argument or are reacting to something that isn't really being said. The latter group are best, and easily, ignored. If you don't ignore them they just drag the whole place down.
    Tbh I was just being sarcastic

First time I’ve renewed since covid season, looking forward to the rollercoaster

just adding to the £2m already owed to the very clever Gordons
    Did the Gordon's lend the club the money to take the players to Spain then? Are you saying the Gordons have run the club so well that they are clearly very clever? Or are you trying to say the Gordons are in the process of fleecing the club and will end up selling the stadium and East Mains to get their money back with a tidy wee profit and that is their 'cleverness'?

Just askin' like.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    LJ..seems to think it was wothwhile,
    With the continental heatwave gripping Marbella, the Englishman is of the belief it has only put his players in a stronger position fitness wise as they bring down the curtains on their eight-day camp.

Johnson added: “It has been an intense week for us, which the heat has magnified. When we come back to the normal climate we will gain that extra yard, that extra breath, and our fitness levels will have improved greatly.

“We’ve had a good balance between rest, play, and hard work - but the squad bonding is key on trips like this - and this has been an excellent week for us out here.”
    The obvious benefits of warm weather pre-season trips nicely outlined there. Hard to fathom the gum bumping on here about what is a well established pre-season prep routine in high level football. Some folk would start a fight in an empty room!

We done the same at the start of last season. Surely if someone cared enough (I don’t) they could work it out from our accounts?

@hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar
    I started this thread because i honestly didn't know if training in such severe temperatures was good for the players as i am no expert. The consensus seems to be it is beneficial.

I know that the whole team getting away together is good for team bonding and i have no qualms about the cost if it proves to be beneficial going into the season.
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Why do Spanish clubs come here for pre season jollies?

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Wet weather training

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    So they can waste circa £200,000 on all inclusive hotels, have jollies with their hanger onners and of course, sample murder hill at Gullane sand dunes

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    So pretty much the whole of Europe is experiencing a heat wave.
    And we are shortly due to embark on a European campaign.
    ideal prep then in that sense?
    How do you hope to change a mindset remaining in your home comforts? Going through a change of experience / environment can / should be used to help mould the team through a shared experience, some of the best teams I worked with were down to the fact we were all working away from home.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    LJ out!
    Sack the board!
    Petrie
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull