hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yup, Just look at the number of police around ER when either sets of fans visit.

When it’s Rangers, ER is pretty much lined with them, with loads on horseback.

When Celtic visit, there’s a few police on foot dotted along ER.

You’ll also see Hibs and Celtic fans having beers or chatting outside the bars. Don’t think I’ve ever seen that with Rangers fans.
    Before the cup game at Ibrox where we pumped them 3 - 0 we were in a boozer not more than a 10 minute walk from the stadium. Due to the big Hibs support that day the pub was near enough half and half Hibs and Rangers fans and you would be amazed how civilized it was, we even managed a chat with a couple of Sticky Buns who had a kid with them and they were surprisingly amiable.

No doubt the fact that the numbers were even kept a lid on things and it was pre 2012 .... I don't think its just me who thinks the fans of that club have become far far worse after fan power stopped them getting their way and they were given real and tangible evidence of just how despised they are by the rest of Scottish football.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Excellent. Well done Hearts.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy90+2 View Post
    Near enough every teams fans in the league generally think Rangers are by a mile the worst. Hearts will be the outlier for obvious reasons.

Hearts fans have a strong dislike for Celtic fans, largely because Hearts have an element of their support rooted in sectarianism and dislike of catholics.

I've even got a Rangers fan mate who admits that Rangers fans are the ****miest in Scotland by volume. Bizarre for anyone to claim otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Yup, Just look at the number of police around ER when either sets of fans visit.

When it’s Rangers, ER is pretty much lined with them, with loads on horseback.

When Celtic visit, there’s a few police on foot dotted along ER.

You’ll also see Hibs and Celtic fans having beers or chatting outside the bars. Don’t think I’ve ever seen that with Rangers fans.
    The opposite of all your observations will be true at Tynecastle.

Quote Originally Posted by PHeffernan View Post
    The opposite of all your observations will be true at Tynecastle.
    I highly doubt that. Rangers will always need a disproportionate number of police officers for their support.

No chance they just have a few police dotted around when they go to Gorgie Library.

Hearts reducing away allocation to 650

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    I highly doubt that. Rangers will always need a disproportionate number of police officers for their support.

No chance they just have a few police dotted around when they go to Gorgie Library.
    Correct.

I can assure you the Policjng presence at Tiny Park and surrounding area will be similar to that at ER.

Tbh it’ll probably be more internally there given that both home and away fans are present in the same stand.

The risk attached to both fixtures will also be very similar!

Whether certain hibs fans like it or not there is definitely a "friendlier" atmosphere with celtic fans than huns. Even back in the 80s when football was a bit livelier we could go for a pint at near Parkhead no problem. We could never do that then or now with Rangers. Im sure the opposite is the same with hertz/celtic.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    If there is the demand from Hearts fans for the seats, then the club is right to take care of its own fans first. The Old Firm will be raging, no doubt, but so what?
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Quote Originally Posted by LaMotta View Post

Hearts fans have a strong dislike for Celtic fans, largely because Hearts have an element of their support rooted in sectarianism and dislike of catholics.
    Celtc fans have a strong dislike for Hearts fans largely because an element of their support...

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Jealous. Wish it was us.
    Jealous of them? Never. Never ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Glory Lurker View Post
    Celtc fans have a strong dislike for Hearts fans largely because an element of their support...
    Shellick and hertz are probably on the par for outright sectarian ***** imo, I wouldn’t class rebel songs as being sectarian. Celtic have never refused to sign a footballer because of their religious beliefs as far as I’m aware, that puts rangers on a completely different level to them altogether. I have to take my hat off to Catholic Rangers players, I couldn’t do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Glory Lurker View Post
    ......doesn't like right wing Tory Jambo bigots.

Only way for us to do the same is to sell more season tickets what are you waiting for fellow hibbys