hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Unfortunately like practically every club in Scotland we rely on ticket sales for a huge proportion of our overall income, that makes it extremely difficult to discount tickets, especially if we wan't to do stuff like pay out £600,000 for two players. Though as I've said, the gold prices have reached the extreme end of what folk should be asked to pay IMO.

That being said, I have absolutely no problem with it if Hibs pick say 4 games a year and do the adults a tenner kids a fiver thing. As a season ticket holder I would rather sit in a crowd of 18 to 20 thousand for games against the likes of St Johnstone or Kilmarnock on a Friday night than 13,000 or so on a Saturday. Last year St Johnstone probably brought more than twice their usual away support for that game and I'm sure the likes of Killie could do the same.

It also gives fans who genuinely can't afford the normal walk up prices a chance to get to Easter Road and in the long run that could well help us build our crowds as these fans circumstances change, or the kids who normally can't get along get the bug and become regular fans when they start working.
    Last edited by NAE NOOKIE; 12-07-2023 at 10:53 AM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Unfortunately like practically every club in Scotland we rely on ticket sales for a huge proportion of our overall income, that makes it extremely difficult to discount tickets, especially if we wan't to do stuff like pay out £600,000 for two players. Though as I've said, the gold prices have reached the extreme end of what folk should be asked to pay IMO.

That being said, I have absolutely no problem with it if Hibs pick say 4 games a year and do the adults a tenner kids a fiver thing. As a season ticket holder I would rather sit in a crowd of 18 to 20 thousand for games against the likes of St Johnstone or Kilmarnock on a Friday night than 13,000 or so on a Saturday. Last year St Johnstone probably brought more than twice their usual away support for that game and I'm sure the likes of Killie could do the same.

It also gives fans who genuinely can't afford the normal walk up prices a chance to get to Easter Road and in the long run that could well help us build our crowds as these fans circumstances change, or the kids who normally can't get along get the bug and become regular fans when they start working.
    I would certainly agree with the idea of reducing prices for a few games, but sell them as a package. eg buy a Hibs v Dundee and a Hibs v Celtic or Rangers for £45 adults and £20 child

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Absolutely not. My first season ticket in 1986/87 was £50. That would be around £140 for 23/24 if it had tracked inflation.
    Yes, football prices have massively increased beyond inflation in the past few decades. Stadiums are much better; it's a much improved experience, but prices are far higher for that.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875