hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LaMotta View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hearts - 3 major trophies in 60 Years.

Hibs - 4 major trophies in 50 years.

Yet they think they are a massive club?
    Argument could be made that hibs and hearts have both underachieved relative to their size since… like forever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

I see Hearts are cutting OF allocations to 650 tickets 😂 superb to see the seethe from OF fans.

We are the only club getting the whole away stand as part of an agreement between the 2 clubs for derbies.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity Hibee View Post
    I see Hearts are cutting OF allocations to 650 tickets �� superb to see the seethe from OF fans.

We are the only club getting the whole away stand as part of an agreement between the 2 clubs for derbies.

Some seethe, when half of their home end is empty, due to, their fear, of a humping from, mostly Celtic.

Have they ever had a home sell out against Celtic, in recent years?

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddich View Post
    Some seethe, when half of their home end is empty, due to, their fear, of a humping from, mostly Celtic.

Have they ever had a home sell out against Celtic, in recent years?
    No idea but them and st Mirren sticking it up the OF gets a thumbs up from me. About time we did the same even if it meant taking a hit of a few thousand quid

No idea but them and st Mirren sticking it up the OF gets a thumbs up from me. About time we did the same even if it meant taking a hit of a few thousand quid
    You've no idea, but give it large about sticking it to the 'OF', by limiting them to small numbers? Why should anyone give your idea the time of day?

Personally, I enjoy the big atmosphere games. Why would you both, limit the atmosphere, and deny our club the huge income?

You've no idea, but give it large about sticking it to the 'OF', by limiting them to small numbers? Why should anyone give your idea the time of day?

Personally, I enjoy the big atmosphere games. Why would you both, limit the atmosphere, and deny our club the huge income?
    I have no idea if hearts don’t fill all of their seats but I have no interest in that. Maybe because the atmosphere at OF is vile and has been for years. If st Mirren can also do then we certainly can too. Some things are bigger than a bit more income especially when it comes to those 2 clubs.

Superb take from you though. Gave me a good laugh.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875

Not for me. I'd prefer not a single one of them got a ticket for Easter Road. Hate all the **** songs both sets of their fans belt out during games.

Fair play to Hearts on this one.

I see Hearts are cutting OF allocations to 650 tickets 😂 superb to see the seethe from OF fans.

Would love us to do the same. Actually 650 is too much.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    Not for me. I'd prefer not a single one of them got a ticket for Easter Road. Hate all the **** songs both sets of their fans belt out during games.

Fair play to Hearts on this one.
    I don't listen to the songs that opposition fans sing. I only care about Hibernian FC. If we banned every set of supporters because of the songs they sing, football would die a death. I don't care that the jambos sing 'all the hibees are happy', do you? I wouldn't ban them all for it.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    I don't listen to the songs that opposition fans sing. I only care about Hibernian FC. If we banned every set of supporters because of the songs they sing, football would die a death. I don't care that the jambos sing 'all the hibees are happy', do you? I wouldn't ban them all for it.
    Aye, you're at it.

Aye, you're at it.
    'At it', how? Because I don't want to ban away fans? Explain?

Aye, you're at it.

No reasoning for your 'Aye, you're at it', yet. Can only assume you were 'at it',

Quote Originally Posted by cocteautwin View Post
    I was wondering if the reason they didn’t seem to spend last season’s Euro money was to guard against not reaching the group stages in the 23/24 season? Is there some level of fiscal responsibility creeping in to the senior management at HMFC? It would be a first.

Maybe now he’s a board member Anderson has some control over how the club wastes it’s/his money. Perhaps he was getting sick of seeing ZERO TROPHIES to show for their £40m+ of donations spent to date (and possibly rising to £50m+ before the 23/24 season end).
    Hing oan the noo ... rewind a bit .... what, he's a board member?

I know little about the nuts and bolts of UEFA FFP regulations, but as a board member does that not make the donations he gives the club subject to those rules. If a fan gives free money to a club with no involvement in it other than owning a season ticket or a hospitality box or something that's one thing. But if it's someone directly involved in running the club and decision making at board level surely any money they give the club has to be infringing on the rules about income and turnover based on the club's commercial activities. IE ... if the club uses that money to enable it to buy players over and above it's ability to generate income as a business, is that not breaking FFP rules?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by fiddich View Post
    i don't listen to the songs that opposition fans sing. I only care about hibernian fc. If we banned every set of supporters because of the songs they sing, football would die a death. i don't care that the jambos sing 'all the hibees are happy', do you? i wouldn't ban them all for it.
    ltyf

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    'At it', how? Because I don't want to ban away fans? Explain?
    Nobody is banning away fans, it would be reducing their allocation. I would reduce their fans to the amount we get at Ibrox and Parkhead.

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by babahibs View Post
    ltyf
    Keep them, it’s a while since we had a pet yam on here

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringothedog View Post
    Nobody is banning away fans, it would be reducing their allocation. I would reduce their fans to the amount we get at Ibrox and Parkhead.
    This.
    It really should've happened by now. Money isn't everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringothedog View Post
    ti

If we could fill their seats, I'd be all for it. But, it would cost our club a lot of money, with empty away stands. Dearie me. I'd hate you lot to be our accountants.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Hing oan the noo ... rewind a bit .... what, he's a board member?

I know little about the nuts and bolts of UEFA FFP regulations, but as a board member does that not make the donations he gives the club subject to those rules. If a fan gives free money to a club with no involvement in it other than owning a season ticket or a hospitality box or something that's one thing. But if it's someone directly involved in running the club and decision making at board level surely any money they give the club has to be infringing on the rules about income and turnover based on the club's commercial activities. IE ... if the club uses that money to enable it to buy players over and above it's ability to generate income as a business, is that not breaking FFP rules?
    It’s been asked before and established that there aren’t any FFP rules in Scotland. For Europe the FFP limits are so high that HMFC, even with their mega millions wasted, are nowhere near the limits. Anderson did say it was difficult gifting the money to Hearts hinting that it was something to do with being a board director and gifting cash to the club. I think he just meant it was difficult giving that cash away knowing it would be wasted for no reward.

Who knows why he wanted to be a board director. Probably thought he could make sure he had some influence over where his cash is being spent and wasted. Like the financier of the circus asking for front row seats to the expensive clown show.

Ah well. Even if he didn’t get to see any silverware at least he got a classical music concert and a comped meal at the castle view restaurant for his £20m+.

It will be really interesting to see if Anderson remains comfortable pissing away all the money he donates to the tynie clown show.

All the good feeling has evaporated from that club. They have a spineless CEO who takes orders from Budge. A former owner who thinks the club is still hers and her vanity project now. A sporting director who is now being questioned for last two windows and hasn’t been seen or heard from for weeks and a first team coaching set up of the three amigos none of whom have experience at this level or any record in transfer market.

Why would you continue to through millions at this project?

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    It will be really interesting to see if Anderson remains comfortable pissing away all the money he donates to the tynie clown show.

All the good feeling has evaporated from that club. They have a spineless CEO who takes orders from Budge. A former owner who thinks the club is still hers and her vanity project now. A sporting director who is now being questioned for last two windows and hasn’t been seen or heard from for weeks and a first team coaching set up of the three amigos none of whom have experience at this level or any record in transfer market.

Why would you continue to through millions at this project?
    If I had that amount of money, I'd keep donating.

So will he.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

I don’t know, I reckon homophobia is pretty ****in shan like. Ken what else is shan? Having 4k knuckle dragging gimps singing about killing me and my family, abusing our managers etc etc that’s really ****in *****. So yes, Rangers fans should be banned from ER and Celtic fans should be treated no different. They feed off each other like dirty parasites and their clubs make a fortune as they spread their bile across the nation.

ti

If we could fill their seats, I'd be all for it. But, it would cost our club a lot of money, with empty away stands. Dearie me. I'd hate you lot to be our accountants.
    We’ve done it before? 4 times under Lennon I think and never lost a game.

Of course it’s much easier to do with low capacity stadiums like tiny Tiny 😉

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar

Because it may help us win points vs the uglies. Also, more of our own fans may attend if there aren’t thousands of unwashed coming through and taking over.

J

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Ignore the troll lads.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Rumour saying they forgot to order the beds for the new hotel but I bet its made up.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk
    Now I heard they forgot to order the hotel when building the new stand.

GGTTH

Is it just a coincidence that Hearts haven't signed anyone yet? Are players looking at the managerial set up and thinking thanks but no thanks? Are they struggling to pay players what they ask for? Ginelley left because Hearts couldn't afford his wage demands. All seems very strange. As usual they will probably come up smelling of *****...i mean roses.

ti

Is this what BIG teams do?? Reduce the allocation for them then dress up as seats on fame day?? Happens pretty much every single home game against both OF teams.

Credit to them mind the PBS will never be as full as ER!

@hibs.net private member linlithgowhibbie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by southern hibby View Post
    Now I heard they forgot to order the hotel when building the new stand.

GGTTH
    Excellent

Quote Originally Posted by ErinGoBraghHFC View Post
    Argument could be made that hibs and hearts have both underachieved relative to their size since… like forever

There's absolutely no denying that. Been discussed on here on many a thread that for a club of our size in Scottish terms we should have won far more than we have. But in our case I think that makes us humble enough not to run about pretending other clubs are beneath us, in fact it's not beyond yer average Hibs fan to have a joke at our own expense.

But the way Hearts fans go on you would think they had far more than a measly 3 trophies in 60 odd years and just as many relegations ... as Scotland's alleged 3rd biggest club their failure to make a significant dent in that time gives them even less right to play Billy big baws than we have, but you wouldn't think so when you listen to fans of 'the famous'

They live off their derby record .... that might matter in Edinburgh and the rest of the two clubs catchment area ... but the rest of the world couldn't give a rats arse ... without looking it up I couldn't tell you what Dundee's historic record against Dundee Utd is, or Morton's v St Mirren, or Newcastle's v Sunderland .... I can tell you that Dundee United have won more than Hearts in the last 60 years, including the league, and made a European final, I can tell you that St Mirren have won the Scottish cup and league cup in that time, I can tell you that Newcastle have done the square root of sod all apart from the Fairs cup in the mid 60s ... I couldn't give a toss how many times they have beaten Sunderland.

It's winning stuff that earns you kudos and in the last 60 years their 'haul' of 3 trophies doesn't even match under achieving Hibs ... and even one of them is tainted by financial cheating. You seriously have to wonder where the hubris and unearned air of superiority comes from
    Last edited by NAE NOOKIE; 11-07-2023 at 11:41 AM.