hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lendo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    An edgelord is someone on an internet forum who deliberately talks about controversial, offensive, taboo, or nihilistic subjects in order to shock other users in an effort to appear cool, or edgy.
    Not as bad as I was expecting 😊

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Lendo View Post
    An edgelord is someone on an internet forum who deliberately talks about controversial, offensive, taboo, or nihilistic subjects in order to shock other users in an effort to appear cool, or edgy.
    I thought nihilistic was a one man Irish Stylistics tribute act😁

Rumour saying they forgot to order the beds for the new hotel but I bet its made up.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Rumour saying they forgot to order the beds for the new hotel but I bet its made up.

Please excuse my ignorance, as to this topic, but, surely the maroon coloured edinburgh council, must have moved heaven and earth, to make this happen? Not only did they afford edinburgh council hearts fc, to build new stands upon formerly, listed buildings, but, how on earth were they allowed to build, plazas, and now hotels? While the so called edinburgh council, demolish leith walk? time for change? Independence?

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Saw the footage of their wonder goal as they earned a well deserved share of the spoils against Dunfermline Athletic.

A lovely trademark Hearts deflected effort.

Pure.

Is budge still planning on building this “boutique hotel” in Gorgie? There was a suggestion that she would need a fair amount of capital redirected from the club to fund it e.g. fixtures and fittings. Gary Locke to manage the Spa and Steam/Wet rooms?

Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    Is budge still planning on building this “boutique hotel” in Gorgie? There was a suggestion that she would need a fair amount of capital redirected from the club to fund it e.g. fixtures and fittings. Gary Locke to manage the Spa and Steam/Wet rooms?
    Sure Thomson and Rix would come back to do that for free

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Take your word for it mate, I was only going by what their fans said on the podcast. They might have the cash you say, but if they had relied on making 5 million quid through finishing 3rd for their forward planning, such as it ever is with them, they may have to think again if they can't get through the qualifiers.
    I was wondering if the reason they didn’t seem to spend last season’s Euro money was to guard against not reaching the group stages in the 23/24 season? Is there some level of fiscal responsibility creeping in to the senior management at HMFC? It would be a first.

Maybe now he’s a board member Anderson has some control over how the club wastes it’s/his money. Perhaps he was getting sick of seeing ZERO TROPHIES to show for their £40m+ of donations spent to date (and possibly rising to £50m+ before the 23/24 season end).

Kickback are commenting on this thread nothing wrong with a bit of banter.

My Jambo mate reckons they're skint. Sacking Neilson then appointing Naismith/McAvoy, selling Ginelley and Kio, losing out on Levitt to Hibs, losing out on the Australian boy etc. How they would be skint with the money their fans are ploughing in and a benefactor would be anyone's guess but if i was a Jambo (thank **** i'm not) i'd be starting to ask questions.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    My Jambo mate reckons they're skint. Sacking Neilson then appointing Naismith/McAvoy, selling Ginelley and Kio, losing out on Levitt to Hibs, losing out on the Australian boy etc. How they would be skint with the money their fans are ploughing in and a benefactor would be anyone's guess but if i was a Jambo (thank **** i'm not) i'd be starting to ask questions.
    Frivolous overspending whilst underperforming last season.

@hibs.net private member Hibby Kay-Yay's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ps3 - hibby kay-yay
    Don’t think they sold Ginelley, his contract expired did it not?

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby Kay-Yay View Post
    Don’t think they sold Ginelley, his contract expired did it not?
    High earner apparently

Testimonial Due
    They should have been asking questions long ago. It’s one thing when it’s stolen Lithuanian pension fund money, totally another thing when Budge spends £15.5m of their own donated money. And £20m+ of Anderson’s. Complete silence. Like a gimp in a box.

Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    Latest stories are from Oct last year when they applied to (their pals in) the council for planning permission, so who knows.

Last edited by Kato; 10-07-2023 at 04:22 PM.

The one thing Hearts have excelled at over the years is wasting money. If anyone wants to know where all their money (or other people's money) goes, the answer is usually down the drain.

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    I love it that this thread is being followed on keek back and that a few home truths are being pointed out.

**** the hertz

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble de Thump View Post
    The one thing Hearts have excelled at over the years is wasting money. If anyone wants to know where all their money (or other people's money) goes, the answer is usually down the drain.
    This 💯 percent

Quote Originally Posted by cocteautwin View Post
    They should have been asking questions long ago. It’s one thing when it’s stolen Lithuanian pension fund money, totally another thing when Budge spends £15.5m of their own donated money. And £20m+ of Anderson’s. Complete silence. Like a gimp in a box.
    What was the final spend on the Tin Can Mega Stand?

£12M budgeted for but the last figures given in excess of £20M, maybe £25M.

That is just sheer ineptitude.

First Team Breakthrough
    What was the final spend on the Tin Can Mega Stand?

£12M budgeted for but the last figures given in excess of £20M, maybe £25M.

That is just sheer ineptitude.

Where are you getting that info from?

Surely they havent wasted all that money?

They still don’t have a training facility that they own and the rental cost have increased materially.

They have next to zero youngsters coming through the development team (remember all the building blocks Levein was putting in place?)

Player sales have been shambolic. They rarely include sell on fees for talented players and the most recent exception was Hickey when he went to Brentford for £14m. Instead of getting c£3m for say 20% sell on, they got £100k based on a fixed sell on fee (absolute bonkers).

They make poor commercial decisions. The new away strip is a good example. It will not sell anything like the expect, rightly or wrongly kids and teenage boys don’t want to wear pink football tops. And grown men look ridiculous!

I have said this before but Budge continues to spend as much money as she likes, it is in her eyes her club and always will be. She has made clear she wants a stronger Women’s team and she wants to build a hotel in the main stand. With already banked (assumed) c£5m for finishing 3rd (but blowing it), it’s not difficult to see that they have been squeezed financially.
    Last edited by Col2; 10-07-2023 at 04:56 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Daft View Post

Hearts’ new stand is set to cost them almost DOUBLE the original price.

Jambos owner Ann Budge put a £12million figure on redeveloping Tynecastle’s old main stand when the plan was unveiled in 2016.

But now it has been revealed the price has soared to £21m – with a further £1.5m due to be spent on the final-phase second floor of the stand, which is due to go ahead later this year.

That would take the total spending on the Tynecastle Redevelopment Fund project to a staggering £22.5m – close to double the initial budget for the ambitious project.

However, Budge won’t give the go ahead for the final phase until all the money is in place for the nine-month process .

Once completed, it will provide the Premiership outfit with the potential to explore new revenue streams through hospitality and commercial ventures.

Fans’ group Foundation of Hearts and unnamed benefactors have been key in providing capital for the construction in the face of soaring costs.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumble de Thump View Post
    Is it a waste of money though if you win trophies? With all that money flying around there must be cabinets full of silverware.

But wait. Only the 3 trophies in 60+ years. All paid for by Vlad and the stolen pension money. I know Vlad wasn’t around in 1998 but that trophy win wasn’t actually paid off until the club was sold to Vlad so technically the Lithuanian pensioners paid for that too.

And the current incarnation of Hearts? Zero trophies. Possibly £50m of donated money spent for zero trophies. You’d have though there might be some soul searching to work out why so much donated money had been spent for zero trophies but they seem to be more pre-occupied with slapping themselves high fives at how much they’ve donated rather than initiating a critical examination on the root cause of the dusty empty trophy cabinet.

@hibs.net private member
    To add to the above, from an old hibs.net thread, our entire rebuild cost approx the same as their single tiered disaster of an office fronted no view of the castle stand 🤣

greenlad

06-01-2011, 08:50 PM

Off the top of my head:

Famous Five and South Stands 1995 - about £7m all in for the two
    West Stand 2001 about £7m
    East Stand 2010 £6m

So £20m in total

Not sure they have any sellable assets either. Shankland about to turn 28. Would they get much for him? No players with sell-ons now Hickey has had his big move. We're miles ahead of them in that regard. This boy Savage was supposed to be revolutionary was he not?

Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Daft View Post

Only from memory, bud. Bridge Hibs seems to have a link further back the thread. Am pals with two different contractors who worked briefly on the fitting out of the internals. Said the site was a farce and there was two or three dramas a week. Arguments and flouncings off. So a bit gossip on the price too as source.

The other reason I think they could waste that kind of money is something I know, and said so before they demolished their old rubbish stand to put up their new rubbish stand - They are, as a club, naturally entitled and naturally cack-handed. A toxic brew. With Budge in charge the build was always going to be over-fussed. No clerk of works, no architect, as they don't need those things as they are the "famous". They money down the drain in every dept.

It came in double, not unusual if the jobs a guddle.

https://images.app.goo.gl/7nyFoTgQfUBqV3LVA

https://images.app.goo.gl/ps6vrNJxGeDGgfuV6

Imagine having a stand frontage that looks like a department store.

Sent from my SM-A127F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by gbhibby; 10-07-2023 at 05:50 PM.

Not sure they have any sellable assets either. Shankland about to turn 28. Would they get much for him? No players with sell-ons now Hickey has had his big move. We're miles ahead of them in that regard. This boy Savage was supposed to be revolutionary was he not?
    They want Savage’s head on a stick given it’s 10th July and they haven’t made a single signing, losing out on many targets, including our new boy.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cocteautwin View Post
    Is it a waste of money though if you win trophies? With all that money flying around there must be cabinets full of silverware.

But wait. Only the 3 trophies in 60+ years. All paid for by Vlad and the stolen pension money. I know Vlad wasn’t around in 1998 but that trophy win wasn’t actually paid off until the club was sold to Vlad so technically the Lithuanian pensioners paid for that too.

And the current incarnation of Hearts? Zero trophies. Possibly £50m of donated money spent for zero trophies. You’d have though there might be some soul searching to work out why so much donated money had been spent for zero trophies but they seem to be more pre-occupied with slapping themselves high fives at how much they’ve donated rather than initiating a critical examination on the root cause of the dusty empty trophy cabinet.
    Hearts - 3 major trophies in 60 Years.

Hibs - 4 major trophies in 50 years.

Yet they think they are a massive club?