hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CB Hibs 68 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Where does this number come from? 50 million.Surely they can’t have pissed up the wall that amount of money
    They haven't finished building the wall, otherwise they would definitely have pissed it up it.

When it's finished it will be the best, most atmospheric wall of it's kind in Scottish football

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    They haven't finished building the wall, otherwise they would definitely have pissed it up it.

When it's finished it will be the best, most atmospheric wall of it's kind in Scottish football

A wall other clubs can only wonder at

50 million quid probably isn't that far from the mark. A stand that should have cost 10 million has reached double that and what did they get for that money? A stadium that cant be expanded any further due to their own shortsightedness .... It should absolutely have been a stand almost a mirror image of Hibs west stand but with an 8,000 capacity built a bit further back from the pitch, enabling them to extend the Gorgie and Roseburn stands to meet it. They could easily, and I mean easily, have had a 22,000 capacity stadium for what they have spent on a single stand that is utterly bland and barely fit for purpose from the moment the ribbon was cut.

Hearts have the fan base and over the years the money to be the runaway 3rd force in Scotland ..... We can all be grateful that at every turn they seem determined to make an absolute digs dinner of everything they touch

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post

50 million quid probably isn't that far from the mark. A stand that should have cost 10 million has reached double that and what did they get for that money? A stadium that cant be expanded any further due to their own shortsightedness .... It should absolutely have been a stand almost a mirror image of Hibs west stand but with an 8,000 capacity built a bit further back from the pitch, enabling them to extend the Gorgie and Roseburn stands to meet it. They could easily, and I mean easily, have had a 22,000 capacity stadium for what they have spent on a single stand that is utterly bland and barely fit for purpose from the moment the ribbon was cut.

Hearts have the fan base and over the years the money to be the runaway 3rd force in Scotland ..... We can all be grateful that at every turn they seem determined to make an absolute digs dinner of everything they touch
    Amen to that.

We owe a lot to the Foundation of flumps and Benny Factor.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Testimonial Due

If they extended the Roseburn and Gorgie stands they'd either fall down because the floodlight pylon is structural and can't be removed or they'd have hundreds of seats with restricted views behind the pylons. There's nothing easy about extending Tynie which is why Robinson said (rightly) it's not fit for purpose the best part of 15 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Liberal Hibby View Post
    If they extended the Roseburn and Gorgie stands they'd either fall down because the floodlight pylon is structural and can't be removed or they'd have hundreds of seats with restricted views behind the pylons. There's nothing easy about extending Tynie which is why Robinson said (rightly) it's not fit for purpose the best part of 15 years ago.
    How many folk can sit on a pylon? Will it get them over 19852, their official capacity?

Sir Matt Busby

Testimonial Due
    How many folk can sit on a pylon? Will it get them over 19852, their official capacity?

It might get them to their official capacity

It might get them to their official capacity
    Could make an excellent press area, no more exposed than their current unique atmospheric al fresco one

Sir Matt Busby

Testimonial Due
    Could make an excellent press area, no more exposed than their current unique atmospheric al fresco one

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by CB Hibs 68 View Post
    Where does this number come from? 50 million.Surely they can’t have pissed up the wall that amount of money
    It’s not £50m of donations yet but will cross £50m this season if Anderson has continued his £4m last season and puts in another £4m this season. The numbers all come from their annual accounts and Foundations own website which states the fans have sent them £15.5m. Budge has put in nearly £3m and Anderson around £23m up to the date of the last accounts.

Testimonial Due

Hearts the banter years 23/24 season

In the spirit of know your enemy I recently listened to a Hearts fans podcast reflecting on the season just past. A couple of things stood out:

The first was that they seemed pretty clear that Hearts had budgeted for guaranteed European group stage football next season based on finishing 3rd. That on the face of it is absolutely mental ... when you start relying on money that isn't guaranteed its the road to hell. No wonder Hearts always end up in the jobby when this, not for the first time, is the way they conduct financial planning. According to the fans on that podcast it has left a £5,000,000 hole in the next accounts.

Secondly they admitted that if it wasn't for the free cash injections from James Anderson their fan owned club would have made big losses in the last few seasons.

This wasn't Hibs fans pointing this stuff out, it was Hearts fans.

I've said it so many times. When the time comes that they have a few barren seasons, as it inevitably will, and there is no James Anderson and no player to sell for decent money ... what will they do? ..... The FoH membership hasn't grown in any significant numbers since it was first formed. Will the 8,000 members be willing or able to put their hands into their pockets and ante up £625 each on top of their normal FoH contributions and season tickets, simply to break even in the face of a 5 million quid shortfall?

This was what made me shaky about Hibs becoming a fan owned club. In Germany where you have 50,000 members, a huge TV deal, rich dudes willing to ante up to own 49% of the club and you can attract mega sponsorship it's fine. For other clubs where it's a community thing ... Dunfermline, AFC Wimbledon, Motherwell etc, all that matters is surviving with the hope of a promotion, a European place, or a bit of success in knocking a big gun out in a round of the cups, or for the Scottish clubs making a cup final.

Hearts are not either of these things. Their fans expect ... demand ... their club be the 3rd force in Scotland, they expect ( 3 times in 60 years ) to win cups. They will not stand for simply surviving. It might not be tomorrow, but this is a club heading for a major crisis and it is almost inevitable IMO that eventually they will end up pimping the club out praying that some rich person or group will take it over from the fans.

Can you imagine Hearts fans accepting the club cutting its cloth to the extent where simply avoiding the play off place is seen as a victory and the club achieving it's potential .... no, me neither
    I think we’ll find that HMFC have huge amounts of cash sitting in the bank when their next accounts are published. They seem to have gotten through their period of spending next seasons season ticket money before 30 June. They don’t appear to have spent last seasons Euro money yet, and Anderson’s promised 5 year support in 2020 still has a couple of seasons to run. They should have a significant cash advantage over any other club in the league (outwith the OF).

Whether or not they can make it count is another matter - their experimental 3 coach approach would suggest that no-one has control of the club and they are due for a season of turmoil. Hopefully.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    I’m assuming they’ve made a few quid this week with hospitality/VIP dining and drinks on the Castle View Roof Terrace for the Rod Stewart and The Who shows on the esplanade, where they have the best views in the house atop their state of the art stand.

They’ve missed a trick if they haven’t.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven79 View Post
    Figured I may as well start a thread for next season as they are going to crash and burn next season and their fans won't know who to give abuse to when things go wrong...

Attachment 26962
    They'll need to use the same method as their board did when they came up with the coaching set up.

Hearts the banter years 23/24 season

Their single tiered mega stand was a vanity project by budge and let’s not forgot

No directors box
    Rust
    No seats and then Tiny tiny seats
    State of the art and the bestest very modern dugouts
    Best media facilities ever a first for the modern era
    Restricted views
    Escalator- a first in Scottish football

But the best moment every

Stairway to nowhere

This reeks of tinpot cheapskate management by a club who have ALWAYS spent other folks money.

To have spent close to £50 million and the only thing to show for it is two relegations is priceless.

Hopefully their arrogance continues as they are the gift that keeps on giving!

I forgot to add that Budges vanity projects could continue with the bespoke no window hotel planned!

But But big teams have floodlight pylons

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cocteautwin View Post
    I think we’ll find that HMFC have huge amounts of cash sitting in the bank when their next accounts are published. They seem to have gotten through their period of spending next seasons season ticket money before 30 June. They don’t appear to have spent last seasons Euro money yet, and Anderson’s promised 5 year support in 2020 still has a couple of seasons to run. They should have a significant cash advantage over any other club in the league (outwith the OF).

Whether or not they can make it count is another matter - their experimental 3 coach approach would suggest that no-one has control of the club and they are due for a season of turmoil. Hopefully.
    I think this bit is right.

Hearts strategy just now is difficult - while they have more cash to spend after last seasons conf league groups, they are not at the level of Rangers and Celtic re player purchases and salaries.

The type of player they are in the market for is therefore pretty much the same as Hibs and Aberdeen - the only difference being they can probably outbid both.

But - that doesnt mean they get a real step up in player quality, and will definitely continue to lag Rangers and Celtic.

We know what the next stage is for the Jambos -

Their daftie fans then demand that they splash the cash on "big names" to match the "big club".

Lets hope they do, and lets hope they are duds....................

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    I think this bit is right.

Hearts strategy just now is difficult - while they have more cash to spend after last seasons conf league groups, they are not at the level of Rangers and Celtic re player purchases and salaries.

The type of player they are in the market for is therefore pretty much the same as Hibs and Aberdeen - the only difference being they can probably outbid both.

But - that doesnt mean they get a real step up in player quality, and will definitely continue to lag Rangers and Celtic.

We know what the next stage is for the Jambos -

Their daftie fans then demand that they splash the cash on "big names" to match the "big club".

Lets hope they do, and lets hope they are duds....................
    Your last sentence has already come to fruition, well partially. Kio and Grant, 2 players that cost about 750k between them, on BIG wages but are poor imho.

One has left!

£50 million quid invested in them and it’s got them 1 year in Europe and 2 relegations!

@hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    jambos.jpg

saw this belter on Facebook

@hibs.net private member hibees 7062's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigHibee View Post
    jambos.jpg

😂. Superb

Quote Originally Posted by hibees 7062 View Post
    😂. Superb
    Made me chuckle 🤣

@hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigHibee View Post
    jambos.jpg

Oh dear, I feel strangely attracted..........

Quote Originally Posted by Malthibby View Post
    Oh dear, I feel strangely attracted..........
    🤣

Quote Originally Posted by cocteautwin View Post

Take your word for it mate, I was only going by what their fans said on the podcast. They might have the cash you say, but if they had relied on making 5 million quid through finishing 3rd for their forward planning, such as it ever is with them, they may have to think again if they can't get through the qualifiers.

Well I would say that isn't strictly accurate mate. It wouldn't have been an engineering wonder of the world to construct a temporary pylon to hold up the roof while you moved the existing pylon a few metres to accommodate extending the end of the stand.

Or at least that would have been the case. But now the new stand is in place they have nowhere to go because these pylons hold up it's roof as well. As I said, a cantilever main stand exactly like we have built with the front row of it a few metres further back than it is now would have allowed them to do all of that and easily increased their capacity by at least 2000. Not to mention have a wider area in which to place their pitch so that fans can't grab opposition players as they are about to take a throw in.

In their obsession with keeping their alleged atmosphere they have turned the place into a 19,000 capacity shoe box with the corporate facilities and directors box in the wrong place. A situation which would probably cost about another 20 million quid to rectify.

I wonder if they had fan consultations about the new stand prior to construction and if they did why none of them seems to have pointed out what to me at least was the bloody obvious. Budge and co might well bum about what they have done, all I can see is an absolutely world class example of lack of foresight
    Last edited by NAE NOOKIE; 09-07-2023 at 02:11 PM.

Hearts first choice keeper injures himself in the warm up, for their friendly, and has been replaced in the team sheet before the game kicks off...

Quote Originally Posted by Springbank View Post
    Hearts first choice keeper injures himself in the warm up, for their friendly, and has been replaced in the team sheet before the game kicks off...
    Wouldn't wish injury on Zander but that's money they need to spend on keeper which will cut their budget for outfield players.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lendo View Post
    I’m probably being an absolute edgelord here and will rightly get slated but I actually like their new pink strip.
    Yeah, it's not too bad. Prefer if it was just one shade though, the shapes are odd.

On a side note, relatively pleased that most of us on here aren't going for the homophobic "pink = gay = bad" thing and are just criticising it for the colour itself. Changed times, well done everyone.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Springbank View Post
    https://twitter.com/AaronFraser37/status/1678060724050972673?s=20
    Last edited by ElginHibbie; 09-07-2023 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lendo View Post
    I’m probably being an absolute edgelord here and will rightly get slated but I actually like their new pink strip.
    I'm not too sure I want to look it up but, what's an edge lord? 🤔

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    edge-lord
    a person who affects a provocative or extreme persona, especially online (typically used of a man).
    "edgelords act like contrarians in the hope that everyone will admire them as rebels"

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post

An edgelord is someone on an internet forum who deliberately talks about controversial, offensive, taboo, or nihilistic subjects in order to shock other users in an effort to appear cool, or edgy.