hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Hearts are just proof that fan ownership isn't all it's cracked up to be if the club are still run by idiots.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hearts are just proof that fan ownership isn't all it's cracked up to be if the club are still run by idiots.
    In their case fan ownership was always going to mean fanny ownership

I'll take finishing above them this season as a starter

Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post
    I'll take finishing above them this season as a starter
    Exactly ,Banter is fine but if we don’t finish above it means nothing

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    Exactly ,Banter is fine but if we don’t finish above it means nothing
    But we can have fun at their expense along the way cant we ?

Always run by crooks or parochial egotists in my time. Weird, cranky people in every dept. Ground looks like random shoe boxes held up with meccano.

Dugs dinner of a club.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Always run by crooks or parochial egotists in my time. Weird, cranky people in every dept. Ground looks like random shoe boxes held up with meccano.

Dugs dinner of a club.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk
    😂

Quote Originally Posted by Glory Lurker View Post
    No chance at all of this thread coming back to bite us. Not one chance. No, siree...
    This is where I am. Some folk never ever learn. LJ has done nothing to suggest he's one of the best in the league, so I'm in no way poking fun at our rivals until he's shown he's more Wenger than Waffler.

Pack this thread to bed.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm Spartacus View Post
    This is where I am. Some folk never ever learn. LJ has done nothing to suggest he's one of the best in the league, so I'm in no way poking fun at our rivals until he's shown he's more Wenger than Waffler.

Pack this thread to bed.
    What does he need to do to start showing that? In his debut season he's beaten beaten Aberdeen, Hearts and Celtic while contending with a ridiculous injury list. We actually ended the season very well and were pretty unlucky not to finish 3rd in my opinion.

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm Spartacus View Post

Pack this thread to bed.
    Are you not allowed to laugh at Hearts because they’ll most likely beat us again at some point in the future?

It’s close season. We’re level on points with them.

It’s not a big deal to laugh at the state of their managerial appointment

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Trager View Post
    Are you not allowed to laugh at Hearts because they’ll most likely beat us again at some point in the future?

It’s close season. We’re level on points with them.

It’s not a big deal to laugh at the state of their managerial appointment
    Agreed.
    Football banter has a short shelf-life.
    Carpe diem.

Quote Originally Posted by cocteautwin View Post
    One fascinating and quite astonishing thing that will probably happen to HMFC in season 23/24 is that their spending of donated money should exceed £50m since their insolvency event. Swirl that number around your head and try and make some sense of the magnitude.

I mean, if they were winning cups and regularly finishing 3rd you would be sort of jealous.

£50m. The club must be run by an idiot.
    This is a club that forgot to order seats for their new one tier main stand...

New away kit. 🤣🤣🤣

They are raging.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridge hibs View Post
    But we can have fun at their expense along the way cant we ?
    Lol 😂 yes we can But I would rather we start beating them more regularly that would create even better banter

@hibs.net private member
    Their new away strip adds to the banter

And they call us out with there homophobic chants that strip will go down well within there moronic support at the pbs 😂

First Team Breakthrough Broxburn Greens's Avatar
    One fascinating and quite astonishing thing that will probably happen to HMFC in season 23/24 is that their spending of donated money should exceed £50m since their insolvency event. Swirl that number around your head and try and make some sense of the magnitude.

I mean, if they were winning cups and regularly finishing 3rd you would be sort of jealous.

It really is just mind boggling.... I'm a bit envious they had that money in the first place as a decently run Hibs could've really kicked on with that kind of cash.

The fact they've literally pissed it up against the wall and have nothing to show for it more than makes up for the bit of envy with the hilarity of it.

They really should've finished 3rd last season as well and as usual were the darlings of the idiots on Sportsound etc. Blowing a double digit lead against Aberdeen and clinging onto 4th and celebrating a draw against us at home like they'd won the league title speaks volumes of where they are.

Fan ownership works, so long as the fans doing the owning aren't complete imbeciles!

Should read by Idiots

Quote Originally Posted by TT07 View Post

Should read by Idiots
    By idiots for idiots.

They should have chosen the club in Leith...

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I'm all for laughing at Hearts. Should be mandatory, imho.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    New away kit. 🤣🤣🤣

They are raging.
    I remember this one.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/watch/in-the-night-garden-tombliboos

@hibs.net private member
    I see Steven Naebadges has started reading up on getting his Naebadges .. IMG_4164.jpg IMG_4165.jpg

“Our new gammon away kit is meant as a thank you to a particular demographic within our support - those who were alive when the League Cup last rested at Tynecastle, and who continue to ***** their grandkids’ inheritance on mediocre players and under qualified management teams.”

Quote Originally Posted by Glory Lurker View Post
    No chance at all of this thread coming back to bite us. Not one chance. No, siree...
    Has a thread on a football forum ever bitten anyone? I don't think our poor derby record is related to posts on hibs.net

Bit of fun, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Has a thread on a football forum ever bitten anyone? I don't think our poor derby record is related to posts on hibs.net

Bit of fun, nothing more.
    I wasn't being altogether serious!

I’m probably being an absolute edgelord here and will rightly get slated but I actually like their new pink strip.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lendo View Post
    I’m probably being an absolute edgelord here and will rightly get slated but I actually like their new pink strip.
    Not on your own mate. Apart from the Hearts badge i think its pretty decent too.

Hope they don't play in the pink top at Tiny, you won't be able to to see them for all the pink seats 🤣

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by TT07 View Post

Should read by Idiots
    Where does this number come from? 50 million.Surely they can’t have pissed up the wall that amount of money

In the spirit of know your enemy I recently listened to a Hearts fans podcast reflecting on the season just past. A couple of things stood out:

The first was that they seemed pretty clear that Hearts had budgeted for guaranteed European group stage football next season based on finishing 3rd. That on the face of it is absolutely mental ... when you start relying on money that isn't guaranteed its the road to hell. No wonder Hearts always end up in the jobby when this, not for the first time, is the way they conduct financial planning. According to the fans on that podcast it has left a £5,000,000 hole in the next accounts.

Secondly they admitted that if it wasn't for the free cash injections from James Anderson their fan owned club would have made big losses in the last few seasons.

This wasn't Hibs fans pointing this stuff out, it was Hearts fans.

I've said it so many times. When the time comes that they have a few barren seasons, as it inevitably will, and there is no James Anderson and no player to sell for decent money ... what will they do? ..... The FoH membership hasn't grown in any significant numbers since it was first formed. Will the 8,000 members be willing or able to put their hands into their pockets and ante up £625 each on top of their normal FoH contributions and season tickets, simply to break even in the face of a 5 million quid shortfall?

This was what made me shaky about Hibs becoming a fan owned club. In Germany where you have 50,000 members, a huge TV deal, rich dudes willing to ante up to own 49% of the club and you can attract mega sponsorship it's fine. For other clubs where it's a community thing ... Dunfermline, AFC Wimbledon, Motherwell etc, all that matters is surviving with the hope of a promotion, a European place, or a bit of success in knocking a big gun out in a round of the cups, or for the Scottish clubs making a cup final.

Hearts are not either of these things. Their fans expect ... demand ... their club be the 3rd force in Scotland, they expect ( 3 times in 60 years ) to win cups. They will not stand for simply surviving. It might not be tomorrow, but this is a club heading for a major crisis and it is almost inevitable IMO that eventually they will end up pimping the club out praying that some rich person or group will take it over from the fans.

Can you imagine Hearts fans accepting the club cutting its cloth to the extent where simply avoiding the play off place is seen as a victory and the club achieving it's potential .... no, me neither