hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dylan Levitt

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think when he was at his best he played a more attacking midfield role. The season that just finished he was asked to play in a deeper role which sounds like never suited him.

I know he’s not everyone’s cup of tea but having a player like Jeggo doing the ugly stuff and allowing Levitt to get forward could be hugely important this season.
    What you’ve said here is exactly what a Dundee Utd supporting mate said -

“Decent player with eye for a pass, has to play I font of DM enforcer just playing off your no 10, which we rarely did. Bit lightweight a bit like GMS but good shot on him”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Manxhibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: purehibee
    Potential to be one of the best signings in my 34 years as a hibs fan. He has all the attributes to help our attack destroy teams, I can’t wait for him to get started!

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    The BBC are saying the fee is undisclosed. Is this 300,000 figure a figment of Moira Gordon's imagination and is it now therefore a .net FACT?
    Patrick McPartland is quoting the £300k so I’m pretty confident it’ll be correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Potentially excellent signing hope more fans buy season tickets on the back of it.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: aberhibsfc
    Welcome to the hallowed turf Dylan.

Quote Originally Posted by HendoDelivered View Post
    Is Levitt an out and out AM (Scotty Allan) or more a deeplying playmaker like a McGeouch type? Seen so many folk say so many different things.
    Scott Allan wasn’t an out and out AM. But by my reckoning is Levitt is more like him than a McGeough.. he’ll pass the ball forwards more and carry more of an attacking threat than the previous Dylan. And fingers crossed, generally be a better footballer.

And to the post further up.. I’ve always understood it to be ‘Lev-it’ but doesn’t mean I’m right 👍

We're sure to rise up the league if we play Dylan Tait beside him 😉

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Reporters don't make things up? For real? Lol......
    Why would she or anyone else lie about this transfer fee? and she's not the only one reporting it.

@hibs.net private member
    I would play him in midfield WHERE EVER he wants.

Our midfield last season was so over the place that if we have at least one player filling in his natural position that he feels he can do a job at, then that’s an improvement straight away.

GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by southern hibby View Post
    I would play him in midfield WHERE EVER he wants.

Our midfield last season was so over the place that if we have at least one player filling in his natural position that he feels he can do a job at, then that’s an improvement straight away.

GGTTH
    He's surely been identified to play a role in the managers plans, not so he can decide where he wants to go.

I think it's a bit of a myth that our midfield was all over the place last season. They were probably the most consistent part of the side.

@hibs.net private member
    Very happy with this signing. If we can get a no. 9 that can hold the ball up and give us goals, and a solid CB we'll be in great shape for the new season.

Being greedy, I still think we need a winger as cover for Boyle and Youan, and I'd love another DM to upgrade/compete with Jeggo but the squad is, coming along nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    Very happy with this signing. If we can get a no. 9 that can hold the ball up and give us goals, and a solid CB we'll be in great shape for the new season.

Being greedy, I still think we need a winger as cover for Boyle and Youan, and I'd love another DM to upgrade/compete with Jeggo but the squad is, coming along nicely.
    Dan Mackay might be that cover out wide

Can't remember the last time I was as buzzing about a signing. Nisbet? Actually more than Nisbet as Levitt proven at this level. £300k? Daylight robbery.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    Scott Allan wasn’t an out and out AM. But by my reckoning is Levitt is more like him than a McGeough.. he’ll pass the ball forwards more and carry more of an attacking threat than the previous Dylan. And fingers crossed, generally be a better footballer.

And to the post further up.. I’ve always understood it to be ‘Lev-it’ but doesn’t mean I’m right 👍
    That's not the point. We thought of it before you!

@hibs.net private member
    I’ve got to say I’m surprised so many people seem to know so much about Levitt to be so excited by him.

That being said, the excitement of others has me excited that he could be a very good signing!

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    He's surely been identified to play a role in the managers plans, not so he can decide where he wants to go.

I think it's a bit of a myth that our midfield was all over the place last season. They were probably the most consistent part of the side.
    Agreed. A Hibs.net fact.

We are going to absolutely love this guy. A Hibs type player. Scott Allanesque.

@hibs.net private member

Sorry but I don’t think it was a bit of a myth. Our midfield was as far as I’m concerned all over the place.

I’m not saying it was anyones fault or blaming anyone, but it got to the stage we even had Porteous in there.

GGTTH

Delighted with this signing

Midfield has generally been brutal for years, hopefully this is a big step to rectifying this

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HendoDelivered View Post
    Is Levitt an out and out AM (Scotty Allan) or more a deeplying playmaker like a McGeouch type? Seen so many folk say so many different things.
    We could do far worse than offer McGeough facilities to keep fit and have a good look at him.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Quote Originally Posted by southern hibby View Post
    Sorry but I don’t think it was a bit of a myth. Our midfield was as far as I’m concerned all over the place.

I’m not saying it was anyones fault or blaming anyone, but it got to the stage we even had Porteous in there.

GGTTH
    And that was due to injury. JDH, Magennis and another I believe were out injured. We had Campbell and Henderson as wingers for periods too, and Campbell at fullback. It happens.

Midfield has struggled since the loss of SJM, Mcgeough and then Allan dropping off. Magennis being constantly injured also impacted us massively.

Hopefully this is the start of it being an area of strength again for the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    That's not the point. We thought of it before you!
    You ******* I’ve been planning that post for months.

@hibs.net private member
    And that was due to injury. JDH, Magennis and another I believe were out injured. We had Campbell and Henderson as wingers for periods too, and Campbell at fullback. It happens.
    I’m not saying it wasn’t partially due to injury but it was still unbalanced. I’ve also said I’m not blaming anyone.

GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    You ******* I’ve been planning that post for months.
    One born every minute.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

how is there no mention so far of that spectacular announcement video

At last we sign some absolute quality, many many times we've always picked up a good player but they come with an asterix* and that footnote confirms they are nearing the end of their career, they are an absolute gamble, or they are best friends with the physio.

This is the one I reckon puts all those days to bed :)

Welcome to Hibernian wee man!

Quote Originally Posted by SickBoy32 View Post
    Delighted with this signing

Midfield has generally been brutal for years, hopefully this is a big step to rectifying this
    He's exactly what we have been missing (a central, attacking point to the midfield)

Quote Originally Posted by 1van Sprou7e View Post
    how is there no mention so far of that spectacular announcement video
    There has been.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!