hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dylan Levitt

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There has been.

Talking about this one which I've not seen mentioned on here

https://twitter.com/HibernianFC/stat...35801889951744

Taking the piss out of this insane video from the saudi team Jota signed for

https://twitter.com/ittihad_en/statu...66615656046594

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1van Sprou7e View Post

It was mentioned a fair amount on the main transfer thread I think.

I hadn’t seen the Jota video at the time we announced Levitt, so I initially thought I was having a complete cognitive breakdown

Quote Originally Posted by Vault Boy View Post
    I hadn’t seen the Jota video at the time we announced Levitt, so I initially thought I was having a complete cognitive breakdown
    To be fair I had the same experience watching the Jota video when it first came out

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar

So was I.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Likewise 😂

@hibs.net private member
    I’ve only seen the jota video now and I’m even more lost than I was yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by Dmas View Post
    I’ve only seen the jota video now and I’m even more lost than I was yesterday
    I see it as a very decent piss take of the Jota weird video.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    I've been told that the reason we've allowed the fee for Levitt to be disclosed is because hearts offered more!
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    A younger Scott Allan is good enough for me.

I just assumed I was too old to understand.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    gie the baw tae Levitt

Decent signing and a minor coup for Hibs. Would walk into any SPL side outside of the OF right now and has the potential to be one of the best in the country.

@hibs.net private member
    I've been told that the reason we've allowed the fee for Levitt to be disclosed is because hearts offered more!
    Ooooow! Noses firmly rubbed in the brown stuff 🤣

If Levitt had signed for Aberdeen or Hearts I'd have been a bit gutted.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post
    Thought this was a interesting article.
    https://www.scotsman.com/sport/footb...jigsaw-4210469
    Why Dylan Levitt is a such a signing coup for Hibs and where he fits into the Lee Johnson jigsaw
    A football team can be viewed as a jigsaw puzzle that is rarely completed and if it is, it definitely doesn’t remain intact for long but, in signing Dylan Levitt, Hibs have slotted another piece into position.

In doing so, a more positive picture is emerging ahead of the new campaign.
    The 22-year-old Manchester United academy graduate is highly regarded and a number of teams north and south of the border made enquiries but it is a coup for Hibs that the lad, who has spent the past two seasons at Dundee United, saw Easter Road as the best place for him to push forward.
    He believes the club is making strides, and European football was another lure. But, talking about manager Lee Johnson’s preferred style of play, it was the opportunity to get on the front foot in games, and to be utilised further up the pitch, that got the deal over the line.

“He was very clear that he wants to have a lot of the ball and that suits me to a tee,” Levitt expressed.
    It should suit the team as well, as there have been some widely-noted difficulties in finding the right balance in that central area of the park. But Levitt offers them something different.
    Not since the likes of Scott Allan or Dylan McGeouch have the Leith club had someone with the Welshman’s range of passing or the vision to maximise that. But while McGeouch was used in a slightly deeper role - much as Levitt was at Tannadice last term - the real threat comes when the player, who once represented Manchester United in European competition, is played in a more advanced position, poking and probing opposition defences, unlocking opportunities for himself and others.
    That is the kind of play that raised Levitt’s public profile and it was showcased perfectly in his first season in Scottish football, in 2021/22, when his attacking menace was supported by statistics.
    While his dribbling, deep progressions, turnovers and pressured passess were all rated well above average, he scored even higher when it came to telling passes into the box, key passes, and his on the ball value, with the latter seeing him among the top four per cent in the Premiership that season.
    As would be expected, those numbers dipped last term as United struggled to escape the relegation battle, juggled managers, and ultimately ended the season bottom of the pile. During that troubled campaign, Levitt, who signed on permanently at the beginning of the season was forced to fulfil a more defensive, deep lying role, which did not play to his strengths. But that is why he views the move to Leith so positively.

The priority is to fight his way back into the Wales squad and being allowed to showcase his assets under Johnson is an opportunity he jumped at.
    Having been capped at age-group level, he made the jump to the full squad and has amassed 13 caps. He was also part of the squad for the Qatar World Cup but was not part of the most recent Euro 2024 qualifiers, fuelling his desire to shake up his club career.
    “I want to get back in the Wales squad, as well, so this gives me a platform to kick on from there.”
    At Hibs, he believes he will have the men around him to help catch national boss Rob Page’s eye. Guys like Aussie international James Jeggo is the ideal foil for the youngster, capable of doing the dirty work Levitt sometimes struggles with. If he can mop up behind him and do the hard tackling, that frees up Levitt to be a more attacking influence, while his greater experience should also help the youngster grow.
    Despite last season’s limitations, he scored 11 goals and made four assists in his 62 appearances for Dundee United and his inability to get into the position where he could make his attacking nous and forward passes count, was undoubtedly a contributing factor in the Tayside team’s relegation.
    But he admits that the “last two years have been two different experiences” and Hibs made the transfer knowing what he is capable of if he is let off the leash and has targets ahead of him to hit.
    No wonder there was a frisson of excitement in Leith when the signing was completed. To get him at the cutdown price of £300,000, when the Tayside outfit had been hoping for closer to half a million, looks like sound business, especially when tying the 22-year-old up on a three-year contract safeguards potential profit should he do well enough to progress his career further.
    The club are still looking for striking reinforcements following the departure of top scorer Kevin Nisbet, but have already recruited a wiley goalscorer in the shape of Adam Le Fondre. He has scored goals wherever he has been and is confident he will do so in Scotland, stating: “I know for a fact that I will score goals, if service is there, that's a given.”
    With Levitt opening doors by threading passes through the middle and supplying the pacey Elie Youan and the returning speedster Martin Boyle on the flanks, there are suddenly more options open to Johnson as he plots a way to move above last term’s fifth-place finish and challenge the likes of Aberdeen and Hearts for the title of best of the rest.
    A player who can influence play so tellingly will also be considered beneficial in one-off cup matches as the club chases silverware.
    As it stands Levitt is just one piece of the puzzle but it is a jigsaw that appears to be taking shape.

Man U now greetin as they only received £75,000 from his sell on clause.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brydekirk View Post
    Man U now greetin as they only received £75,000 from his sell on clause.
    They are bound to have a carry over sell on clause to get a share should we sell Levitt at some point.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    They are bound to have a carry over sell on clause to get a share should we sell Levitt at some point.
    Do DU have a sell on from us?

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy90+2 View Post
    I think they probably have given we got him for £200k below their asking price. It will of course be ripe for speculation on Hibs.net all the time he is here and when we come to sell him.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy90+2 View Post
    I haven’t seen it mentioned. I’d have expected DU to say they have one in their statement about the transfer but as far as I can remember there wasn’t anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Decent signing and a minor coup for Hibs. Would walk into any SPL side outside of the OF right now and has the potential to be one of the best in the country.
    No he wouldn’t…….according to our Gorgie Chums.

He’s not any better than they already have….. aye right. Still hurting.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Hope that's true

They're having a nightmare week over on JKB. Lovin' it.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I haven’t seen it mentioned. I’d have expected DU to say they have one in their statement about the transfer but as far as I can remember there wasn’t anything.
    Yeah I hadn’t seen anything. If they don’t have one then Man Utd will be due nothing more for him.

How does anyone believe Man Utd give the slightest f about not receiving more for him? This kind of money is pocket change to them

How does anyone believe Man Utd give the slightest f about not receiving more for him? This kind of money is pocket change to them
    There’s a good chance no one at Utd can remember who he is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk