hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanforlife View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not doubting you m8 but Hibs supporter group on FB had it 4 2 Hibs ,Mcgregor,Taveres 2 and Dan Mckay, perhaps goals chalked off for some reason?
    Don't think McKay was in the squad.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Not doubting you m8 but Hibs supporter group on FB had it 4 2 Hibs ,Mcgregor,Taveres 2 and Dan Mckay, perhaps goals chalked off for some reason?
    It was 2-2, McKay wasn’t even in the squad

No idea mate, was going by Pat McPartlins tweet so assume he knows

Don’t think Dan Mackay was playing was he? And Tavares missed a pen so maybe some confusion.

A Hibs goal was chalked off 2nd half but definitely ended 2-2

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Defo 2-2. Dunbars twitter confirms the scoreline and scorers.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Don't think McKay was in the squad.
    Never seen his name listed either m8,false score now been taken down so no idea what happened ataw🤣🤣🤣

Finished 2-2. Dunbar better than last time I saw them. Tavares should have had a couple tonight
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

How did Jair play?

I really don't think we seen enough of him last season and don't think he was as bad as some people.made out. He looked in the opener Vs St Johnstone, all though he did miss a very good opportunity.

I didn't really get to watch him in the few games he had at home due to work, he looked not bad Vs Raith in the world cup creak Friday if I'm not mistaken.

Not being involved one week and then on the bench the next couldn't have helped his confidence and then there was reports of playing really well in development games and still not getting any minutes.

I would be happy with a Loan move until January with someone in the top flight, either way I just wish and hope Johnson will decide his future.

Quote Originally Posted by Tambo View Post
    How did Jair play?

I really don't think we seen enough of him last season and don't think he was as bad as some people.made out. He looked in the opener Vs St Johnstone, all though he did miss a very good opportunity.

I didn't really get to watch him in the few games he had at home due to work, he looked not bad Vs Raith in the world cup creak Friday if I'm not mistaken.

Not being involved one week and then on the bench the next couldn't have helped his confidence and then there was reports of playing really well in development games and still not getting any minutes.

I would be happy with a Loan move until January with someone in the top flight, either way I just wish and hope Johnson will decide his future.
    Had some nice bits of skills but doesn't do it enough. Should be burning it up at that level
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

How did Jair play?

He was nowhere near as bad as some make out.

You could name about 10 Hibs players that had worse performances than he did last season.

Fish is the prime example and he’s a guy that’s more used to that style.

Jair needed time to adapt so at least needed a decent run. Getting chucked in the last 10 minutes or so every 8 games will never end great.

Against St Johnstone he was through on goal and wrongly flagged offside, another one through, some well to cut back and then shot over. Third he was through over the top and cut it back to Youan. All came from runs in behind was picked out by Cabraja and Newell iirc.

He again came on as a sub and a direct run in behind the defence should have won us a penalty but for VAR.

He does look a bit naive at times, but it’s all stuff he would learn quickly if playing regularly.

How did Jair play?

He looked alright. Didn’t stand out though. Looks like he could do with going out on loan and getting regular games.

Enjoyable game- skilful youngsters against more experienced and more physically developed opponents. I was impressed by Oscar McIntyre, Malik zain, Harry Wright and Rory Whittaker. Tavares was the most skilful player on show and took his goal well but he is having to learn how to be a team player. There is a footballer in there but whether the Scottish game is for him I’m not sure. Boruc is big and shouts a lot but had a couple of good saves. Impressed by the bearded centre half. Maybe he could go full time.

And it was 2-2 and no Dan Mackay was not present. Probably in Marbella.

Quote Originally Posted by SaulGoodman View Post
    He looked alright. Didn’t stand out though. Looks like he could do with going out on loan and getting regular games.
    Thought Jair played well, Zaid was a standout, nice busy wee player.

Quote Originally Posted by SaulGoodman View Post
    He needs to be out on loan and playing every week.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    He needs to be out on loan and playing every week.
    Agree, i’m surprised he wasent in spain. 👍🏻

Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    Yes, an argument that has been used many times. However, whilst Ross County are based in Dingwall the team have supporters across the whole of Ross & Cromarty (population of circa 50,000) and beyond. Supporters travel from many of the Highland towns to Dingwall to watch the team.

With an average home attendance of circa 4,400 (capacity 6,500), I think Ross County are doing pretty well to attract the local support, topped up by the large support from the Old Firm, the Edinburgh teams and Aberdeen.

The Premiership's highest average 2022/23 attendance figures from Celtic and Rangers to Livingston and Ross County - Football Scotland
    Just think if there was a East Lothian United team

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HIBS NUTS View Post
    Players fly to Spain on Thursday.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by HIBS NUTS View Post
    Do the players fly out individually ? The team dont leave until Thursday

Lee Johnson and his First Team squad will fly out to Marbella on Thursday 6 July for an intensive nine-day training camp, before returning home on Friday 14 July

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Finished 2-2. Dunbar better than last time I saw them. Tavares should have had a couple tonight
    👍

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HendoDelivered View Post
    Boric and Jair starting. Darren McGregor captain?
    I thought McGregor was fully retired as in not even playing for the dev team anymore?
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Tavares played ok, too selfish for me, should've squared it near the end for a certain goal. His penalty was horrendous, shuffling and dancing then blasted it wide.

Malik and McIntyre played very well. Was a very good game, played like a league game actually.

The trialists were McGregor and a couple of 15 yo's who are not on pro contracts yet.

First Team Breakthrough
    Great wee setup down there - enjoyed the night. Pint before the game next to the turnstile was an added bonus

Tavares was good - still a bit raw and could do with going out on loan

Alfie Smith really impressed me when he came on.

Big no.22 trialist CB for us looked like he could be ready to step up to the first team 😉

First Team Breakthrough jingler1954's Avatar
    Malic Zain was the standout for me.

Good game also saw Martin Boyle getting some selfies with fans. Think the first team fly out on Thursday as he said to some he is away on Thursday morning. Unbelievable setup for that level of football puts a lot of clubs at lower levels to shame, their young striker (7) looked impressive as did their left back (3) and centre half (4). Tavarez was roasting everyone but limited end product on offer from a young Hibs side tonight.

The second goal scorer Hendrie was an ex Hibby player at the same time as Sam Stanton. Their keeper Brennan , and midfielders Handling and Neave are both ex Hibs dev side too.

For anyone there last night please tell me this Jair/Tavares guy didn't have the number 10 jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibees1973 View Post
    For anyone there last night please tell me this Jair/Tavares guy didn't have the number 10 jersey.
    It doesn’t matter. It was a dev game not first team so numbers don’t matter.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Boyle is 10

@hibs.net private member
    My brain is reading the title of this post as dundee United ans its nippy.

Quote Originally Posted by Greencore View Post
    My brain is reading the title of this post as dundee United ans its nippy.
    Oddly enough, I've done that loads of times too, even though I don't need to read it to know what it's about as I've now been on the thread on numerous occasions! 🤔
    Last edited by HUTCHYHIBBY; 06-07-2023 at 09:57 AM.