hibs.net Messageboard

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    I reckon LJ will have learnt from his mistakes from last season. No opposition will roll over to us. Yesterdays results is irrelevant even if we got beat 2-0.

I think DOF will have his own remit from the board pretty much guiding a few players to LJ direction. The scatter gun approach of last season was tried and failed and to be honest I think after the Falkirk cup loss most were a little alarmed but prayed it got better.

There should always be 2-4 younger players pushing for places but if we are serious about cup runs and challenging for 3rd, these youngsters should be at a high standard to contemplate thinking off first team minutes.

Requirements then…

2 x centre half’s, one being will fish
    2 x central midfielders, hopefully levitt, I think we will see Henderson depart
    1/2 forward players, if we get 2 I think doidge will be off.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I think some of the comments on here are quite honestly pathetic. Yesterday was the first pre season friendly. Its all about getting players ready for the start of the season. Most folk had a good day out yesterday...catching up with mates...couple of pints and watch the hibees in a kick a bout. Nobody expects full blooded tackles, bodies on the line type game. ITS A WARM UP. Training in spain next to get up to speed, then the season starts. At least wait until then before jumping on every mistake etc.

Quote Originally Posted by DIXIHIBS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think some of the comments on here are quite honestly pathetic. Yesterday was the first pre season friendly. Its all about getting players ready for the start of the season. Most folk had a good day out yesterday...catching up with mates...couple of pints and watch the hibees in a kick a bout. Nobody expects full blooded tackles, bodies on the line type game. ITS A WARM UP. Training in spain next to get up to speed, then the season starts. At least wait until then before jumping on every mistake etc.
    100% agree

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Sheggs84
    How did the new keeper play? Didn’t look like he had much of a chance with either of the goals

@hibs.net private member
    Are there any highlights doing the rounds from yesterday?

@hibs.net private member Green Reaper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    Are there any highlights doing the rounds from yesterday?
    Posted by Elgin Hibbie, 4th post down on page 9
    Last edited by Green Reaper; 02-07-2023 at 01:07 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Reaper View Post
    Posted by Elgin Hibbie, 4th post down on page 9
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by DIXIHIBS View Post
    I didn't even know we were back for pre-season training let alone playing friendlies until I looked at this thread. I'm old school...cricket, tennis, golf commands my attention at present (the Ashes has been a great watch so far) and I can't really get into the football until the season proper starts.

I read nothing into these games, even if we win or lose 10-0, it all about getting game time in the legs, which I think this must be the earliest pre-season game we've ever played! I don;t think we can get enough of these run outs, it's another level from the training ground kick abouts.