hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Friendly v Europa FC

Any idea where this game is being played ie stadium?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by woody47 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is during the training camp in Marbella, so will be somewhere local to Marbella.

Quote Originally Posted by JGS56 View Post
    This is during the training camp in Marbella, so will be somewhere local to Marbella.
    They're from Gibraltar, it's only 80 miles away, so it might be played there.

Mijas Cala Resort golf complex

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LewysGot2 View Post
    Iv'e played golf there, lovely couple of courses, never knew there were football pitches up there?

Any golfers going its well worthwhile taking your clubs too and seeing if you can get a round in.

It's not far from the motorway up the hill from Finguerolla. (sp)

Quote Originally Posted by woody47 View Post
    Atalaya football centre

It was originally La Cala resort for the Europa game. Now Hibs and Europa have taken the venue off their media platforms again. A rumour today at the game the venue has been changed again?

Can Keiran Power shed any light?

[QUOTE=LewysGot2;7383979]It was originally La Cala resort for the Europa game. Now Hibs and Europa have taken the venue off their media platforms again. A rumour today at the game the venue has been changed again?

Can Keiran Power shed any light?[/QUOTE

Game not at La Cala anymore. Hibs have said they'll put up details when they have them
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

[QUOTE=Baldy Foghorn;7383986]
    It was originally La Cala resort for the Europa game. Now Hibs and Europa have taken the venue off their media platforms again. A rumour today at the game the venue has been changed again?

Can Keiran Power shed any light?[/QUOTE

Game not at La Cala anymore. Hibs have said they'll put up details when they have them
    Hope they share this widely as folk might have booked accommodation in that area and not realise. Wonder why they've changed it - only 7 days till the game.

Bodes well for the Andorra/Faroes conundrum 👀🙃

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    My folks are there right now. Dads annoyed he’s back just before Hibs play.

J

[QUOTE=LewysGot2;7383998]
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post

Hope they share this widely as folk might have booked accommodation in that area and not realise. Wonder why they've changed it - only 7 days till the game.

Bodes well for the Andorra/Faroes conundrum 👀🙃
    The venue at La Cala golf is not the best and there are better venues including the venue where Hibs are or were saying they have an open training session at Atalaya Park in Guadalmina Baca.

Will this game or the Bournemouth game be accessible to the public? Or are they behind closed doors games?

First Team Regular scm70nyd1973's Avatar
    [QUOTE=The Wireless;7384143]
    The venue at La Cala golf is not the best and there are better venues including the venue where Hibs are or were saying they have an open training session at Atalaya Park in Guadalmina Baca.
    I’d be happy with that as it’s 30 mins walk from where I live. I’m happy to let anyone know about close by eateries and pubs - best is Victoria & Albert with absolutely superb curry place about 200 yards away.

https://www.hibs.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=26947&stc=1&d=16883172 37
    Last edited by scm70nyd1973; 02-07-2023 at 05:03 PM.

Can Keiran Power shed any light?
    I’ll pass details on here when I have confirmation (Hibs official will announce too) ✅

Both matches are listed as 6 pm on club website . That seems to be Scottish time so an hour later local time .

@hibs.net private member
    Does anyone know where this game is getting played or even if it is getting played.

GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by southern hibby View Post
    Does anyone know where this game is getting played or even if it is getting played.

GGTTH
    You have to assume that the venue at Marbella was already taken for this to have been booked for Mijas originally...you do have to wonder now what alternative there is at this late stage Folk will be starting to fly out in the next day or two and don't yet know where the game is going to be?

What's the issue?

Where's the comms from the club?

Slightly off topic but I see an English team with green and white colours are playing some undesirable WW1 flower pilferers in Marbella on Thursday. Anyone down here going along with some G & W colours for some fun 🤭
    Last edited by scm70nyd1973; 04-07-2023 at 07:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Power View Post
    I’ll pass details on here when I have confirmation (Hibs official will announce too) ✅
    Thank you - take it we still know nothing @Power ?

I've mates who booked accommodation for the weekend game originally in Cala Resort up near there who had no idea the venue had been changed and only rumours at the Edinburgh City game making their way here meant they got warning enough to cancel without lising money however they're waiting for Hibs to actually say something before rebooking accommodation and fly out tomorrow.

It's not brilliant

Clearly you have had to do some digging- thank you - but the club need to be aware the impact isn't just a minor inconvenience for some who are actually only flying out for Hibs.

I do find it ridiculous that we’re only a few days away from the match and neither side has been able to confirm where they are playing. For me it’s not so bad as I would be travelling up from Gibraltar but I’d still like to make arrangements.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Guessing it'll be free to watch? Pretty sure the games last season were free on YouTube

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    Guessing it'll be free to watch? Pretty sure the games last season were free on YouTube
    Yep I remember watching us beat Burton during my 90 minute lunch hour.

Quote Originally Posted by scm70nyd1973 View Post
    Slightly off topic but I see an English team with green and white colours are playing some undesirable WW1 flower pilferers in Marbella on Thursday. Anyone down here going along with some G & W colours for some fun 🤭
    The Yams playing Plymouth Argyle at Marbella Football Centre on the 6th of August however have made this a closed doors affair.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wireless View Post
    The Yams playing Plymouth Argyle at Marbella Football Centre on the 6th of August however have made this a closed doors affair.
    Of course they would- they’d be concerned that about 400,000 Poppy Pilferers would descend on them - they being elitist throbbers of course 😡

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wireless View Post
    Its ok, hearts fans will at least still be able to get a glimpse of Shanklands massive cranium, from Edinburgh

A bit surprised they were allowed to prepare at the centre after last seasons abandoned match which certainly did not endear themselves to the training facility. Maybe however the appointment of Pep Naismith influenced the decision.

Anyone got an idea what time team flight is tomorrow as my daughter and granddaughter (both hibbys ) are flying out early morning both would like to get a couple of selfies if poss

Full details on being able to attend the game, how to watch, and streaming information will be provided once a venue for this match has been allocated...

From the club site just now...weirdly worded "being able to attend"

Is attending the game in doubt now for fans?

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/articl...fc-in-marbella

Both friendlies in Marbella are going ahead and open to fans.

The venue of the match on Saturday will be confirmed in due course. The Club are waiting for confirmation of the venue details from the match Manager in Marbella, once this has been confirmed we will communicate this information to supporters as soon as possible.

We plan to have free streaming of the matches available too, similar to last year, information will be provided shortly on that.

Hibs vs Europa FC
    Saturday 8 July, 6pm kick-off
    Location TBC

Open Training Session
    Tuesday 11 July, Time: Morning (TBC)
    Atalaya Park Football Center

Hibs vs AFC Bournemouth
    Thursday 13 July, 6pm kick-off
    Marbella Football Center

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Pompey beat Europa 1-0 today in a game described as ill tempered. Apparently 600 Portsmouth fans out there. Various match reports dont report the actual venue. Just described as a very hot Southern Spain.