hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Doidge

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He should have been one of the first out the door when the season ended. One of the worst strikers I've ever seen in a Hibs shirt, half season of lucky goals, nowhere near good enough for this level. File under Akpo Sodje, Shefti Kuqi, Junior Agogo and Valdas Trakys etc etc.
    I’ve seen some belters of posts but that’s up there HC. No way is big doidge keeping that company of below par or past it signings.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Maybe the manager will give him a chance before the league campaign starts.
    Just not the same after his injury,he was really playing well up until then.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    He should have been one of the first out the door when the season ended. One of the worst strikers I've ever seen in a Hibs shirt, half season of lucky goals, nowhere near good enough for this level. File under Akpo Sodje, Shefti Kuqi, Junior Agogo and Valdas Trakys etc etc.
    Absolute nonsense

Hahahaha. Statistically miles better than any of the dumplings you mention

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    What absolute drivel

You're at it. Big Doidge was on fire, at one point I even wanted him in ahead of Nisbet, was close to a Wales call up when he was playing well for us.

Rarely do you see such agreement on Hibs.net

HC whilst I always look forward to your input you’ve dropped a changer here.
    Doidge on his game was an integral part of the team. As for lucky goals…
    I’m sure if you ask any striker they’d be happy with any type of goal.
    Important thing is they went in.

FWIW he was no where near as bad as the players you’ve mentioned above.
    His career goalscoring record confirms this.

@hibs.net private member
    Doidge wasn’t the most stylish striker by any means but for two seasons he was very decent for us.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Rarely do you see such agreement on Hibs.net
    Let's no go overboard. It will probably go down in history as one of the most ridiculous things ever posted on this forum.

Put it this way. Give me Doidge over McKirdy every day of the week. He's had a bad injury but he's a proven goal scorer at this level. If he can get that form back we have a very good striker in the building already. Second half of last season at Killie gives me signs of optimism.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Utter crap and we need to get rid??..........not exactly selling him to prospective buyers. With a decent pre-season and maybe a confidence boost, I can see him being a decent replacement for Fletcher at Dundee United. Might be a deal to be struck for their midfielder that we are looking at.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Put it this way. Give me Doidge over McKirdy every day of the week. He's had a bad injury but he's a proven goal scorer at this level. If he can get that form back we have a very good striker in the building already. Second half of last season at Killie gives me signs of optimism.
    Friend who is a Killie ST Holder says he wasn’t very mobile
    But when ball was played up to him he was ok and set up a few goals/chances.
    Not sure not being mobile is what we need tbh!

Your not only wrong about Doidge, your doing Sodje a disservice too. Was descent enough in his first season and probably saved us from relegation that year.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Your not only wrong about Doidge, your doing Sodje a disservice too. Was descent enough in his first season and probably saved us from relegation that year.
    Sodje was ok for us. Trakys wasnt even that bad - never scored but put in some good performances in victories. Wasnt around for long either.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Doidge was half decent for a while, but come on folks, he's a slow battering ram that the way we play now is not needed unless we are going to start throwing it long in the last 10 minutes.

We need better than Doidge.

@hibs.net private member
    He obviously wouldn’t be a starting number 9 for us but if he decides to stay I’ve no issue with him seeing out his contract. Never doubted his commitment and effort whilst at Hibs and played a vital goal scoring role for a reasonable time pre injury.

The most shocking thing about this list is that McKirdy isn’t on it.

Hurtardo ? And Doidge actually had goals to his name, McKirdy ?

Doidge has scored 36 goals for Hibs. He’s not even close to be comparable to those mentioned.

We shouldn’t be seeing him playing for Hibs this season but your post is ridiculous.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Doidge has scored 36 goals for Hibs. He’s not even close to be comparable to those mentioned.

We shouldn’t be seeing him playing for Hibs this season but your post is ridiculous.
    It's attention seeking nonsense. Baffling why anyone would bother to type that kind of stuff, I just don't get it.

The manager will have the chance to re-assess Doidge now that he's back in training. He's going to be in the final year of his contract and not the most urgent of the need to move on players in our squad.

I liked him once he got going at Hibs, he was awkward, linked well with Nisbet and scored a decent number of goals before injury. That said, I would imagine he'll be given the chance to find a new club.

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    What absolute drivel
    I'm thinking drink was taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    I'm thinking drink was taken.
    Doubt it, he's posted worse about Doidge in the past.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Come on mate, you know that's a stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    Come on mate, you know that's a stretch.
    I’m sure HC does, and he’s got his intended target coming back for multiple nibbles.

A bit naughty but can’t fault the quality.

Christian , a great guy but best he moved on .

@hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    He maybe deserves an opportunity but not a big, long, sustained one.

If he shows something early enough that he's going to be able to contribute then he might earn the right to stay a bit longer.

We need to be mindful that there is a serious risk we end up being a rehabilitation centre for dud footballers who are never going to contribute sufficiently at Hibs though. Doidge isn't alone in having an awful lot to prove.

You could pick well over half a team that we're either supporting through a dodgy spell or persevering with against better judgment based on a belief that there's a "player in there" and that's not going to have us finishing where we want to.
    Aye, fair dues.

At least a pre season I’d say! His goals and efforts over the years in my opinion deserves that.

If not, and he moves on, he goes with best wishes. Good player for Hibs, came through some adversity early on to really turn it on for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibiza View Post
    Christian , a great guy but best he moved on .
    In a nutshell

Cumbersome, awkward, slow and stiff are the first four adjectives that come my mind regarding Doidge.

He did go on the occasional streaky scoring run for us, but as an experienced, older player it's telling he was sent out on loan by Johnson.

Has he improved during his time at Kilmarnock. No.

Clearly one who must be moved on and an upgrade required.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibees1973 View Post
    Cumbersome, awkward, slow and stiff are the first four adjectives that come my mind regarding Doidge.

He did go on the occasional streaky scoring run for us, but as an experienced, older player it's telling he was sent out on loan by Johnson.

Has he improved during his time at Kilmarnock. No.

Clearly one who must be moved on and an upgrade required.
    We are talking here about Doidge post injury??

I personally think he was an integral part of the team that
    finished 3rd and got to the SCF. Scored the goal that
    Beat the Dons cementing 3rd and the second in a flowing move
    To best Utd in SCSF??

Not good enough now I would agree