hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Doidge

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: torto7062

Doidge

Saw him back training at HTC last Saturday wondering if he will get a second chance now Myko and Nizzy are away...thoughts

2. Log in to remove the advert

Not needing its own thread

First Team Breakthrough timewilltell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Torto7062 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Saw him back training at HTC last Saturday wondering if he will get a second chance now Myko and Nizzy are away...thoughts
    Please no…… not good enough.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Torto7062 View Post
    No I think he will be away by the start of the season, thats based on nothing other than we need better and I think he is a good bargaining tool if we need to negotiate with other Scottish teams for players, for example Baccus from St Mirren or Levit/McGrath Dundee Utd

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocaine&Caviar View Post
    Why not, its a forum for discussion isnt it ?

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: torto7062
    Quote Originally Posted by timewilltell View Post
    Please no…… not good enough.

Tend to agree not sure how his contract looks just now, he never exactly done well at Killie

@hibs.net private member
    Never looked the same after than injury but even so I don’t think he offers what LJ is looking for in a front 3. Wish the guy all the best but I would suspect he’ll be moved on if possible.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Hope he’s away too, finished at our level. He wasn’t exactly mobile before his injury, it’s had a dramatic impact on him. Another poor decision giving him a new deal before it was clear if he’d got over the surgery.

He’s done unfortunately, his injury has ruined him. Would rather give Melkersen a chance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doidge before injury, absolutely. The current version, not sure he's got it.

No.

Will be on a decent wage I think, time to move on out permanently

@hibs.net private member
    I've never been a big fan but he did start to look a bit sharper in the last 10 games or so last season so perhaps he may have a chance. I'd probably look elsewhere but you would have to see what he was like now compared to when he went on loan. We will have all the stats so if they are close to what they were pre-injury then he could be a useful squad player

We’ll still be looking to move him on. And rightly so.

The outgoings are important again this window and we’re doing well on that so hopefully he is added to the list.

Seems a really good lad and hope he can get back to enjoying some decent form and regular football whatever level it may be. Won’t be with us though.

Not so long ago I was singing Doidges praises and thankful we had him instead of Skankland. A Wales call-up looked a matter of when not if. Completely different player since his injury. If he could rediscover that form then he'd absolutely be an asset. I think he'll be moved on through. Very surprised if he wasn't.

@hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    I think he has earned an opportunity to prove himself after a good pre season. I’d keep him for now, and if it’s not working loan him out in Jan.

Saying that, I’d be looking for us to still be recruiting a first choice number 9

Quote Originally Posted by MagicSwirlingShip View Post
    I think he has earned an opportunity to prove himself after a good pre season. I’d keep him for now, and if it’s not working loan him out in Jan.

Saying that, I’d be looking for us to still be recruiting a first choice number 9
    He maybe deserves an opportunity but not a big, long, sustained one.

If he shows something early enough that he's going to be able to contribute then he might earn the right to stay a bit longer.

We need to be mindful that there is a serious risk we end up being a rehabilitation centre for dud footballers who are never going to contribute sufficiently at Hibs though. Doidge isn't alone in having an awful lot to prove.

You could pick well over half a team that we're either supporting through a dodgy spell or persevering with against better judgment based on a belief that there's a "player in there" and that's not going to have us finishing where we want to.
    Last edited by Smartie; 29-06-2023 at 09:59 PM.

Big doidge works tirelessly,every bit as good as what most clubs have up front. I wouldn’t be quick to off load the big man. Perfect age now as well,wealth of experience and mcinness clearly liked him also as he played him alot. Can frustrate with his finishing at times but always looks a handful.worth keeping around.

@hibs.net private member
    Love Doidge but not good enough for where we want to be

@hibs.net private member cameronw-hfc's Avatar
    If he's fine being a plan b option in stuffy games where we need to mix it up a bit, I'd let him stay around for 6 months and see what he can offer. Wouldn't be bothered either way really although he's been a good player for us and would be sad to see him leave in a sense, he's never really looked the same since the injury.

@hibs.net private member FitbaFolkKen's Avatar
    He’s a big earner and that will probably see us try and move him on.

I like him, great attitude. Nothing would make me happier than watching him sclaff, arse and head his way to 25 goals this season from the crosses of Boyle and Youan.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocaine&Caviar View Post
    Oh no it’s the thread police. Scarper.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    He should have been one of the first out the door when the season ended. One of the worst strikers I've ever seen in a Hibs shirt, half season of lucky goals, nowhere near good enough for this level. File under Akpo Sodje, Shefti Kuqi, Junior Agogo and Valdas Trakys etc etc.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Quote Originally Posted by FitbaFolkKen View Post

I like him, great attitude. Nothing would make me happier than watching him sclaff, arse and head his way to 25 goals this season from the crosses of Boyle and Youan.

What about if Melkerson or McKiridy score 26, would that not make you happier?

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by FitbaFolkKen View Post

We can try and move him on, but he’ll only go to aclub within daily travelling distance from Edinburgh due to his previously publicised domestic situation I reckon.

@hibs.net private member
    We must have a pretty sizeable chunk of our wage budget spent on guys that aren't going to get a look in. Doidge signed a new deal when he was banging them in so will likely be on good money. Lots of info on here that McKirdy is on big money for the coming season. Likely that Melkersen and Tavares won't have moved here to be on peanuts either.

Magennis finding a new club is a start but we really need to be more careful going forward about our signings. Not everyone will be a success but the amount of money we're paying players to sit on the bench or in the stands likely to have a huge impact on our potential recruitment going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    He should have been one of the first out the door when the season ended. One of the worst strikers I've ever seen in a Hibs shirt, half season of lucky goals, nowhere near good enough for this level. File under Akpo Sodje, Shefti Kuqi, Junior Agogo and Valdas Trakys etc etc.

Lucky goals like the belter that secured 3rd. Top player before his injury.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Each to their own but no way he was that bad

Quote Originally Posted by Allant1981 View Post
    Each to their own but no way he was that bad
    It's a fact he wasn't that bad. He scored more goals than them all combined and played every week in a side that finished 3rd. Ridiculous comparison.

@hibs.net private member
    Utter rubbish, by all means not the classiest but grafted and scored goals, never the worst Striker and to place im in the bracket of those named is utter pap. I would advise that when you renew your season ticket then request a seat that faces the pitch !!