hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Runar Hauge

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: torto7062

Runar Hauge

Is this laddie out in loan again ?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Always had the impression this guy was signed to keep elias company. As mental as that sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Greencore View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Always had the impression this guy was signed to keep elias company. As mental as that sounds.

A bit strange that both go on loan, one to Ireland and 1 to Netherlands, not really keeping each other company, also the rumour was Hauge was meant to be the better of the 2.

Back in Norway

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    A bit strange that both go on loan, one to Ireland and 1 to Netherlands, not really keeping each other company, also the rumour was Hauge was meant to be the better of the 2.
    I know, that's why it sounds mental mate.

I didn't know he was meant to be better.

I still think melkersen will come good. He showed us what he could day against motherwell.

I hope he comes good as hibs spent good money on him.

Could've got Elias a dug or a roommate to keep him company. Obviously didn't sign a footballer and do everything that comes with it to be mates with someone. Laughable suggestion.

If hauge was ever more highly rated it's the first I've heard of it

Never heard that one.

When Hauge signed the summary from someone who’d seen him loads (David Weatherston, ex Falkirk player who lives in Norway) was that Hauge was miles away from HIbs standard. Which has proved to be the case

Quote Originally Posted by 1van Sprou7e View Post
    If hauge was ever more highly rated it's the first I've heard of it
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Never heard that one.

When Hauge signed the summary from someone who’d seen him loads (David Weatherston, ex Falkirk player who lives in Norway) was that Hauge was miles away from HIbs standard. Which has proved to be the case
    Hauge 11 appearances for Bod/Glimt, Melkersen 14, both had a decent amount of games on loan for a couple of seasons, there was a couple of posters on previous threads suggested that Hauge was maybe the slightly better player, both different though. Sometimes getting these young lads from foreign countries is a risk, maybe just hasn't settled, it happens.

Hauge 11 appearances for Bod/Glimt, Melkersen 14, both had a decent amount of games on loan for a couple of seasons, there was a couple of posters on previous threads suggested that Hauge was maybe the slightly better player, both different though. Sometimes getting these young lads from foreign countries is a risk, maybe just hasn't settled, it happens.
    Melkersen never played for the first team, Those 14 appearances were for the B team.

Hauge played 11 for the first team which is where the thought of him being a better player came from.

@hibs.net private member cameronw-hfc's Avatar
    I remember seeing the coach for the team he was on loan at a while back post on twitter when he signed for us saying he was much better as a wing back than a winger. I don't think he's skillful enough to play on the wing, but I'd like to see him given a shot at RWB in a back 3/5 before totally cutting our losses as that's where he seems to have played his best football. Could imagine his energy to get up and down would be useful at least, he also apparently takes a decent set piece/pen.

I don't think he's the most gifted player, but he strikes me as the type that whether at Hibs or not, he'll make a career out of football through sheer will and determination rather than ability.

Quote Originally Posted by cameronw-hfc View Post
    I remember seeing the coach for the team he was on loan at a while back post on twitter when he signed for us saying he was much better as a wing back than a winger. I don't think he's skillful enough to play on the wing, but I'd like to see him given a shot at RWB in a back 3/5 before totally cutting our losses as that's where he seems to have played his best football. Could imagine his energy to get up and down would be useful at least, he also apparently takes a decent set piece/pen.

I don't think he's the most gifted player, but he strikes me as the type that whether at Hibs or not, he'll make a career out of football through sheer will and determination rather than ability.
    Maybe he'll be Lewie's replacement 😉

Quote Originally Posted by 1van Sprou7e View Post
    Maybe he'll be Lewie's replacement 😉
    😂 if only. Don't think he'll ever make it as us but genuinely would like to see him as a wing back before we cut our losses. Sometimes the less gifted wingers do well there on pure energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    Melkersen never played for the first team, Those 14 appearances were for the B team.

Hauge played 11 for the first team which is where the thought of him being a better player came from.

Wiki just gives appearances but not which team, cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Greencore View Post
    I thought the same. The Norwegian Lyndon Andrews.

Not being funny but I think it was the St J game in March/April 2022 at home. Hauge came off the bench and I thought he did okay. Looked a quick direct winger. Think that was the last I saw of him though so wouldn’t be surprised if he is another we get rid off this window

@hibs.net private member hibsforeurope's Avatar
    It was a bit like when teams sign siblings of good players and hope they are good too. Sadly doesn’t look to be the case here.

@hibs.net private member Hibby Kay-Yay's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ps3 - hibby kay-yay
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsforeurope View Post
    It was a bit like when teams sign siblings of good players and hope they are good too. Sadly doesn’t look to be the case here.
    Like the McGinns

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby Kay-Yay View Post
    Like the McGinns
    Probably a bit harsh imo of them. Paul was solid but nothing amazing for us, Stephen I always thought was brought in for cover and experience and done fine in his limited time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby Kay-Yay View Post
    Like the McGinns
    I wonder if three siblings have ever scored for the same team in top flight football anywhere else? Probably a unique stat.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    I wonder if three siblings have ever scored for the same team in top flight football anywhere else? Probably a unique stat.
    All three had already scored top flight goals for St Mirren as well.

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Could've got Elias a dug or a roommate to keep him company. Obviously didn't sign a footballer and do everything that comes with it to be mates with someone. Laughable suggestion.
    It is literally a 'thing' in Football Manager, if you're looking to sign a young player from abroad they sometimes ask for another player from that country to be signed, decent way of getting good potential into your team from abroad but in real life it is not a thing at all.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsforeurope View Post
    Though his brother seems to be on a downward trajectory… AC Milan > loan to Eintracht Frankfurt > Eintracht Frankfurt (permanent) > Gent loan

I don't think for one minute Hauge was brought here as a buddy, more as a package. Our policy the last 2 windows seemed to buy young up and coming talent and take a few punts a couple work out for us, that failed hopelessly as we neglected the main squad. Both these young lads should've went on loan to the championship to get experience but their development has suffered due to how they've been handled.