hibs.net Messageboard

Hibernian Girls Academy.. Biggest and Best Girls Only Football Festival in Scotland

This is something to take pride in , our club host the biggest girls only football festival in Scotland. And thanks to everyone who posts on here hibs.net are the main sponsors.
    Day two today, hopefully a few more stars of the future get totally hooked on the game we love.

https://twitter.com/hfcgirlsacademy/...9eX9bjSt-hqkKQ
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: torto7062
    👏👏👏👏👏

My daughter had a great time and Hibs girls won the u14s trophy,thanks for your sponsorship.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Brilliant! Thanks for the pictures.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leftpeg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My daughter had a great time and Hibs girls won the u14s trophy,thanks for your sponsorship.

Great photos

Well done to them

Quote Originally Posted by leftpeg View Post

Superb.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member
    Another part of the club to be very proud of.

Honest appraisal is that on the Saturday they had more teams than they could cope with.

My daughter’s team were playing 9 a sides and there was only 1 9’s pitch, so they had waits of 1 to 1.5 hours between games.

We were there from 9.30 for a 10am start. Should have been away by 4.15, but was running well over and was about 5.40 before we got away. So we were there for over 8 hours for total game time of 75 minutes for 5 games (the games got cut from 17 minutes to 15 as they were overrunning - will we get a refund?).

They didn’t leave enough time between games scheduled start times, that’s how it kept getting further behind.

Hopefully lessons will be learned.

Sunday was a bit of a farce too, with a one hour delay as they had no running water, they then changed the games from 20 minutes to 15 minutes. The announcements couldn’t be heard unless you were standing next to the organisers tent. There were huge queues for the hot food van, would have benefited from having more than one van considering number of people in attendance. Huge queues for toilets as well once they got the water issue fixed. Great that they’re putting on these events but if they can’t cater for that number of teams and spectators I think they need to scale it back a bit. Just my opinion .

Quote Originally Posted by Del Boy View Post
    Sunday was a bit of a farce too, with a one hour delay as they had no running water, they then changed the games from 20 minutes to 15 minutes. The announcements couldn’t be heard unless you were standing next to the organisers tent. There were huge queues for the hot food van, would have benefited from having more than one van considering number of people in attendance. Huge queues for toilets as well once they got the water issue fixed. Great that they’re putting on these events but if they can’t cater for that number of teams and spectators I think they need to scale it back a bit. Just my opinion .
    That’s not a great at all, at least we were blessed with a beautiful day.

These festivals are not cheap for clubs to enter, if they don’t provide the advertised length of games they should offer a refund, or reduction for a future tournament.