hibs.net Messageboard

Further traffic restrictions in and around Easter Road for foreseeable

Popped into the club shop today on the way back from work and there's notices at top of Easter Road saying London Road is being relaid for 26 weeks from Leith Walk End to Jocks Lodge. Will definitely affect the start of the season and beyond.
    Also noticed increased parking restrictions all the way up Easter Road - they have made the side streets on the East of ER permit holders only. The likes of the street the chippy is on the corner of - is it Edina something? - are no longer going to be parkable...Rossie Place looks like its next.

Changed days - you will use that tram 🚋 😉

2. Log in to remove the advert

Where we're going, we don't need roads!

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LewysGot2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Popped into the club shop today on the way back from work and there's notices at top of Easter Road saying London Road is being relaid for 26 weeks from Leith Walk End to Jocks Lodge. Will definitely affect the start of the season and beyond.
    Also noticed increased parking restrictions all the way up Easter Road - they have made the side streets on the East of ER permit holders only. The likes of the street the chippy is on the corner of - is it Edina something? - are no longer going to be parkable...Rossie Place looks like its next.

There was notice sent to residents months ago that all the areas around lochend/restalrig way would be changing to permits and many roads that you can park on now are going to be changed to single/double yellows. Anybody parking around this area will be affected by this. I’ve heard that’s being implemented soon. No idea if that’s true or not but worth keeping an eye on.

Jeez. I know London Road up to Jocks Lodge is a pretty busy thoroughfare and ( at a guess ) around a mile in length ... but 6 months ... seriously? WTF are they doing mixing the tar in a kitchen bowl and spreading it with a trowel?

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Jeez. I know London Road up to Jocks Lodge is a pretty busy thoroughfare and ( at a guess ) around a mile in length ... but 6 months ... seriously? WTF are they doing mixing the tar in a kitchen bowl and spreading it with a trowel?
    https://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/roads-p...1BUstTATRFsEAE

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Cool_Hand_Luke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    There was notice sent to residents months ago that all the areas around lochend/restalrig way would be changing to permits and many roads that you can park on now are going to be changed to single/double yellows. Anybody parking around this area will be affected by this. I’ve heard that’s being implemented soon. No idea if that’s true or not but worth keeping an eye on.
    Permits on Easter Road from the bridge down the way towards Leith Links come into force on Monday...

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    6 months? I'd be surprised if they weren't laying it down with a teaspoon.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Driving around Easter road/leith links way has become a nightmare the last few weeks. I’d avoid bringing a car anywhere near the stadium if you can.

@hibs.net private member MountcastleHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CBacke
    I normally park down from the roundabout at the top at Lochend. Is that whole area becoming permit?

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar

Residents permits are only in effect Monday to Friday usually. I know this as I park in them every weekend off Broughton Street.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MountcastleHibs View Post
    I normally park down from the roundabout at the top at Lochend. Is that whole area becoming permit?
    I don’t think so, I’m not certain but I think it’s from the Edinburgh city club down the way that’s being affected.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Residents permits are only in effect Monday to Friday usually. I know this as I park in them every weekend off Broughton Street.
    Yep.

I live in a permit area and resident permits outside the city centre (George St etc) are 8.30-5.30 Mon-Fri.

This means that they (and single yellows) are available for anyone to park on weekends and evenings.

On the general point about London Road, its not closed for 26 weeks to be resurfaced, there is other work being done on junctions etc. It will be done in phases and will only impact one section at a time.

London Road is pretty wide and can deal with contraflow sections well (until you get to Jocks Lodge).

@hibs.net private member MountcastleHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CBacke
    I don’t think so, I’m not certain but I think it’s from the Edinburgh city club down the way that’s being affected.
    Grand, ta!

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Yep.

I live in a permit area and resident permits outside the city centre (George St etc) are 8.30-5.30 Mon-Fri.

This means that they (and single yellows) are available for anyone to park on weekends and evenings.

On the general point about London Road, its not closed for 26 weeks to be resurfaced, there is other work being done on junctions etc. It will be done in phases and will only impact one section at a time.

London Road is pretty wide and can deal with contraflow sections well (until you get to Jocks Lodge).
    I didn't say it was going to be closed but as the main artery from east of the city and East Lothian its going to cause significant disruption and delays. The road works outside Herringbone that have been ongoing for weeks as the new student flats are built on Montrose Terrace have caused tailbacks. To be avoided if folks can.