hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ron Gordon 24

@hibs.net private member

Ron Gordon 24

Just about to send my donation in for my daughter to play in the Ron Gordon 24 tomorrow. The weather is looking good and I know there are still places left to fill and at least two of those would have every chance of being on the same pitch as SDG Jamie MC and our CEO. If you have some time and can help put then please consider getting involved.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Only just heard about this now

Do you just have to pay £15 to play or do you need to raise extra money as well

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: torto7062
    Quote Originally Posted by 1van Sprou7e View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

They ask you to raise £100...you can pay it yourself

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1van Sprou7e View Post

They are looking to fill slots so I'm sure they will be fine if you just pay the entry.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Sportsound hoping to speak to BK and Kit Gordon after 3pm

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Sheggs84
    Heard them say Boyle should be fit for the second leg of the European game

Quote Originally Posted by 1875Sean View Post
    Heard them say Boyle should be fit for the second leg of the European game
    No point risking him if we're seven up 😁
    Cougars!!!

nice to see the Gordons there

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post

Read this article . Think our football club are owned by good people that genuinely cares about Hibernian FC .
    https://www.scotsman.com/sport/footb...uccess-4195980

Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post
    Read this article . Think our football club are owned by good people that genuinely cares about Hibernian FC .
    https://www.scotsman.com/sport/footb...uccess-4195980

i know i know, i just noticed this(and other links) on the other RG thread after posting

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post

Mrs Gordon was there both days and helped on one of the stalls, Ben K put in a huge shift, He played a good few hours and was working away a fair chunk of the 24 hours. If you like winning mentality then just look at how Ben and LJ played. They both didn't like losing but were gracious and human. Maybe I am just sleep deprived but the feeling around Hibs in the last couple of days down at East Mains not forgetting the biggest Girls tourney in Scotland on top has been just brilliant. They are simply good people

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    Mrs Gordon was there both days and helped on one of the stalls, Ben K put in a huge shift, He played a good few hours and was working away a fair chunk of the 24 hours. If you like winning mentality then just look at how Ben and LJ played. They both didn't like losing but were gracious and human. Maybe I am just sleep deprived but the feeling around Hibs in the last couple of days down at East Mains not forgetting the biggest Girls tourney in Scotland on top has been just brilliant. They are simply good people
    That all sounds excellent.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    https://twitter.com/blocksevenhibs/s...53147965583360

Good to see Block Seven supporting the event but why do they blur their faces out for a squad photo then post it on twitter?

@hibs.net private member Devonhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian Verse View Post

Good to see Block Seven supporting the event but why do they blur their faces out for a squad photo then post it on twitter?
    Maybe they should be in school?
    "Home advantage gives you an advantage" Sir Bobby Robson

Cringe, must have been too hot for their usual balaclavas.

The Green Brigade do it so they want to seem equally as wierd.

Don’t want to be targeted by the polis, mistrust of police officers is a big part of ultra culture.

That and it seems to be the done thing, not overly “cringe” imo but each to their own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Block Seven supported the event and filled an hour slot as well as donating a decent chunk of cash. No idea why they blur their faces and it will stop me using images from that game which is a shame but they were there and supported the event. Given all the players turned up to watch them I guess their efforts are appreciated by the team and they certainly went up in my estimations for the efforts they made at the weekend. Not sure who they played but I remember taking photos of a Hibs Supporters Team who played against other clubs. It would be nice if they took part next year as a group too perhaps against Block Seven. Here is a proper blurred out photo without the need for photoshop

Quote Originally Posted by ErinGoBraghHFC View Post
    Don’t want to be targeted by the polis, mistrust of police officers is a big part of ultra culture.

That and it seems to be the done thing, not overly “cringe” imo but each to their own.

Blurring their faces makes them feel authentic. Either that or they intend to break the law and don't want the police to identify them easily. In which case they will be a stain on Hibs and Hibs Class. It's as simple as that imo.

Quote Originally Posted by MelbourneHibees View Post
    Blurring their faces makes them feel authentic. Either that or they intend to break the law and don't want the police to identify them easily. In which case they will be a stain on Hibs and Hibs Class. It's as simple as that imo.
    “Hibs class” is a myth, absolute rubbish. You really think no hibs fans break the law? Never speed, drink to excess and make a nuisance in public, take drugs etc etc. leave the guys alone

“Hibs class” is a myth, absolute rubbish. You really think no hibs fans break the law? Never speed, drink to excess and make a nuisance in public, take drugs etc etc. leave the guys alone

Generally people don't do this whilst representing Hibs.

Generally people don't do this whilst representing Hibs.
    Generally people don’t drink drive either, guess that means a few of the players aren’t so called, “Hibs class”.

Generally people don’t drink drive either, guess that means a few of the players aren’t so called, “Hibs class”.

Correct. Players need to play by different rules than fans. Players are ALWAYS representing their club.

Correct. Players need to play by different rules than fans. Players are ALWAYS representing their club.
    I agree. So presumably then as a subscriber to the “Hibs Class” patter you’re eager to see Martin Boyle and Joe Newell released from their contracts for bringing the club into disrepute?

I agree. So presumably then as a subscriber to the “Hibs Class” patter you’re eager to see Martin Boyle and Joe Newell released from their contracts for bringing the club into disrepute?

Not at all. Just because someone doesn't evoke Hibs Class 100% of the time doesn't mean they should be shunned from the club. I don't want any of the block 7 guys to have their ST's taken and banned. I just don't think the club should be trying to actively associate with folk who go about blurring their faces and wearing balaclavas because their behaviour is going to be crossing the line so far that the police are going to want to come chapping at their door.
    Bang your drums, sing your songs and march to your games waving your flags. Hell Chuck in a few smoke bombs because clearly society and the police don't care about them anymore. But stop acting like you are some sort of hunted gang ready to pavement dance at the drop of a hat.

@hibs.net private member
    The weekend saw a large number of fans, staff and players get together to do something good. Block Seven played their part and deserve credit for that. The weekend was mostly about raising funds for developing further services for the community but everything that HCF do is about bringing fans closer to the club and creating friendships and networks it the communities it is part of. Indecently Boyler and Newell both attended, spoke to fans, conducted themselves brilliantly and gave lots of time to kids for autographs, as did the bulk of the first team squad who also supported Block Seven when they played. This really isn't the thread for discussing the rights and wrongs of obscuring identity, drink driving and what is Hibs class if it exists. One thing is sure that questioning what other fans do to protect their identity after they have done their bit for the club and foundation isn't Hibs class and neither is responding and bickering about it.

Really not the thread for this pish.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoDoidge View Post
    Really not the thread for this pish.
    Fair point tbh.

Everyone involved, organisers, players, The Gordon family and everyone who donated are a credit to the club (including Block Seven).

Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    Everyone involved, organisers, players, The Gordon family and everyone who donated are a credit to the club (including Block Seven).
    Absolutely 100% agree that everyone who donated should get credit for it though there's still the question why they have to conceal there identity by blurring out pictures and wearing balaclavas at times . It's all very sinister and doesn't portray block 7 in a very good light imo .