Page 461 of 533 FirstFirst ... 361411451459460461462463471511 ... LastLast
Results 13,801 to 13,830 of 15982
    @hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Peaked too soon

Need new blood

Germany looking dark horses
    I’be no heard of any of they three, were they B sides?
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    I'd like to think if Pat Nevin started an indie band, these would be the first three singles

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Drogba, Henry, Del Piero, Van Basten, Haaland, Lineker, Ronaldo (Brazil), Batistuta, Mbappe, Zlatan, Rooney, Klose, Salah.

Where’s the Scottish version of any of them?

J

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post
    Drogba, Henry, Del Piero, Van Basten, Haaland, Lineker, Ronaldo (Brazil), Batistuta, Mbappe, Zlatan, Rooney, Klose, Salah.

J
    Ryan Porteous is officially "the Dalkeith Baresi"

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post

J

You forgot Bergkamp..

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Will all be available on the 2024 Scotland Team’s Euro’s EP coming to a record store near you

As a neutral I was wondering who you'd like to see start upfront for Scotland in the first game against
    Germany?.

@hibs.net private member Victor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post
    As a neutral I was wondering who you'd like to see start upfront for Scotland in the first game against
    Germany?.
    Not sure, they are all mis-firing. As one of the commentators on Viaplay said last night, we need a striker with Adams’ speed, Shankland’s domestic strike rate and Dykes’ presence. Hope we have Victor Frankenstein on speed dial!

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Not sure, they are all mis-firing. As one of the commentators on Viaplay said last night, we need a striker with Adams’ speed, Shankland’s domestic strike rate and Dykes’ presence. Hope we have Victor Frankenstein on speed dial!
    Like a creation of a Scottish Haaland ! . The German game I'd expect Scotland not to have much possession of the ball and to be under pressure at times in it .

I'd say as a neutral probably the striker that works the hardest and is the best at holding up the ball with Mctominay and Mcginn hopefully getting chances to score .

I don't think the friendly results are a major concern and while it's tough group I'm sure Scotland will be right up for it when the time comes .

Like a creation of a Scottish Haaland ! . The German game I'd expect Scotland not to have much possession of the ball and to be under pressure at times in it .

I'd say as a neutral probably the striker that works the hardest and is the best at holding up the ball with Mctominay and Mcginn hopefully getting chances to score .

I don't think the friendly results are a major concern and while it's tough group I'm sure Scotland will be right up for it when the time comes .
    I hope so. McTominay was the Scottish MOTM for me last night. Though Armstrong was good when he came on. I think Ferguson needs to start the next couple of games as he shows potential.

Coaching Staff
    Germany?.
    The choice is so limited and none of them are prolific at international level.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Germany?.
    At the moment, I'd probably say Adams. He is probably the worst of the three in terms of finishing but he does a power of running and I think we play better when he plays.

Shankland will score goals but he looks quite slow for that level.

Dykes, I think draws us into just punting the ball up to him but he does bring in others (McTominay, McGinn, etc.) into the attack fairly well.
    Last edited by overdrive; 27-03-2024 at 03:06 PM.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    If you want a laugh (or cry) then have a look at the Scottish International all time goalscorers chart.

Law, Dalglish,Hugh Gallacher, Lawrie, McCoist..........then John McGinn on 18 !

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/scho...en/verein/3380

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    At the moment, I'd probably say Adams. He is probably the worst of the three in terms of finishing but he does a power of running and I think we play better when he plays.

Dykes, I think draws us into just punting the ball up to him but he does bring in others (McTominay, McGinn, etc.) into the attack fairly well.
    I would start Adams also.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post
    Shankland should 100% be on the plane. He's the guy you turn to after 75 mins when chasing a goal or 2. Wouldn't be starting him though
    Pretty much where I am with Shankland

Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post

With what many of you are saying about none of the Scottish strikers being prolific at international level that would be all the more reason to try and get your midfielders involved and contributing on the goal front again which is why I thought Dykes might be the best option for the German game .

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    If you want a laugh (or cry) then have a look at the Scottish International all time goalscorers chart.

Law, Dalglish,Hugh Gallacher, Lawrie, McCoist..........then John McGinn on 18 !

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/scho...en/verein/3380
    McGinn on twice as many as Joe Jordon.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    With what many of you are saying about none of the Scottish strikers being prolific at international level that would be all the more reason to try and get your midfielders involved and contributing on the goal front again which is why I thought Dykes might be the best option for the German game .
    Adams does it too but he’s faster and I think works a bit harder than Dykes. Dykes definitely has more of a goal in him though.

I hope so. McTominay was the Scottish MOTM for me last night. Though Armstrong was good when he came on. I think Ferguson needs to start the next couple of games as he shows potential.
    When Armstrong took on and beat a defender for pace on the outside I think that was the first time in the match we’d managed that-about 10 minutes to go!

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    When Armstrong took on and beat a defender for pace on the outside I think that was the first time in the match we’d managed that-about 10 minutes to go!
    Agree. It makes you wonder if we are better when we don’t try to shoehorn Robertson and Tierney into the same team. Tierney also got forward more, when Robertson went off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Testimonial Due
    Agree. It makes you wonder if we are better when we don’t try to shoehorn Robertson and Tierney into the same team. Tierney also got forward more, when Robertson went off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'd play Tierney over Robertson every time.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    McGinn on twice as many as Joe Jordon.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk
    Met Joe Jordan on our flight over to Oslo. Nice guy. Was chatting to him at passport control. My Dad was a proper fanboy.

J

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post
    Shankland should 100% be on the plane. He's the guy you turn to after 75 mins when chasing a goal or 2. Wouldn't be starting him though
    apart from lastnight :)

we were collectively stinking lastnight.
    I hope Clarke has got his timing right.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    I saw a bit of criticism for Armstrong on here - I thought he looked very lively when he went on, he got the better of his man out wide a couple of times, something all our players had failed to do for 75 minutes plus.

Armstrong making a lively contribution off the bench was possibly the only thing of a positive nature that Clarke may have learned last night. Ferguson wasn’t too bad when he went on either tbf but hardly set the heather on fire.
    Last edited by Smartie; 27-03-2024 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyS View Post
    I'd play Tierney over Robertson every time.
    Me too.

It would be an extremely brave decision and I don’t think that with Robertson being captain and there being a good atmosphere around the camp that it would even be realistically possible for Clarke to do it..

But it makes sense. We can play a better formation and we can have a better player in that position.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    If Shankland played for Hibs we would all be screaming for him to start. He has his limitations but he is a goalscorer and a couple of missed chances doesn't change that.

He's not the all round package, he's not the difference between going deep in the Euros or not but he's worth another chance or 2.

Scotland seems to have this habit of ignoring goalscoring domestic strikers stretching back years. Leigh Griffiths the season he was on fire at Hibs and beyond being a notable recent example.
    The situation reminds a bit of England a few years ago when the clamour was for Jamie Vardy to get capped. He got a couple of games at the world cup as a substitute for Kane and the difference was immediately apparent. Kane was world class and Vardy wasn't. (Having said that Vardy would get a game for Scotland).

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Liberal Hibby View Post
    The situation reminds a bit of England a few years ago when the clamour was for Jamie Vardy to get capped. He got a couple of games at the world cup as a substitute for Kane and the difference was immediately apparent. Kane was world class and Vardy wasn't. (Having said that Vardy would get a game for Scotland).
    To be fair, and I agree with the comparison to Kane but Vardy did play just under 30 games for England and scored 7 goals I think, still not too bad considering, especially if a chunk of those games were as a sub

Not in terms of style of play, but just when it comes to where the goals come from, i think we are geared to be more like Jack Charlton's Ireland side

He had guys with limitations at 9 but their job was to drag the game up the park, and leave space for the goalscoring midfield runners (Houghton etc) similar to McGinn & McTominay

Fwiw I'd try Lewis ferguson at rwb, as patterson is beyond homeless. I can see ferguson doing a Craig burley out there

Quote Originally Posted by Springbank View Post
    Not in terms of style of play, but just when it comes to where the goals come from, i think we are geared to be more like Jack Charlton's Ireland side

He had guys with limitations at 9 but their job was to drag the game up the park, and leave space for the goalscoring midfield runners (Houghton etc) similar to McGinn & McTominay

Fwiw I'd try Lewis ferguson at rwb, as patterson is beyond homeless. I can see ferguson doing a Craig burley out there
    Can't say I remember the Jack Charlton side, not sure if they played with just 1 upfront or not, but it takes a very high level 9 to do what you've described at the top end of international football. Guys that can do that effectively and consistently are worth tens of millions.

Unfortunately I have a feeling our lack of a top level striker will be our undoing at the Euros. I'm sure we'll give it a good go though.

Just checked what football is on tomorrow.

12:30 . Bristol city v Leicester. Skysports Football.

3:00 . Wrexham (3) v Mansfield (1) . Skysports Football.

5:30 . Blackburn v Ipswich. Skysports Main event/ Football.

7:45 . Ayr Utd v Airdrie . BBC SCOTLAND.

8: 00 . Watford v Leeds. Skysports Football .