hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Anyone thinking Hibs have signed Le Fondre to replace Nizzy are at it, pure and simple.

It wasn’t long ago we’d have jumped at Hibs signing anyone with 200+ career goals. If he teaches our (relatively young) forwards a thing or two and gets a few goals in a Hibs shirt then that’ll do for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    I'm sure at his age he'll know he's not expected to play every week at our level and been told we're recruiting another striker to replace Nisbet. If he comes in and is banging in the goals early doors, we'll see what happens. He looks in good shape tbf.

I did have a laugh when I heard his name. Reminds me of the old rivals days as I think that's when he was first mentioned as a Hibs target. 😄

Quote Originally Posted by Silky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cheap shot at Johnson. Absolutely no evidence this is his signing. We have a DOF who is charged with signing players, yet you conveniently fail to direct your ire at him! No evidence either to suggest that he will be a poor signing. No names offers up as to who is available in our price range who WILL be a better option. Poor post imo. Very, very poor
    Agree the post you are quoting is ridiculous which is unsurprising.

But I do think there is reason to be sceptical about this signing. I’m not completely writing it off but, equally, I’m not convinced.

Quote Originally Posted by The Baldmans Comb View Post
    Hibs never learn and nor does Johnson if he thinks this 36 year old washed up has-been can adapt from Indian/Kangaroo football to the SPL.

File under yet another pension top up plan alongside McGeady, Johansen, Kufti and Valdas Trakas.

I guess he might get a game in the last 16 of the League cup if the arrogant Johnson decides its a worthwhile competition this year.😥
    You make it sound like the SPFL is a good standard, get behind him and support him, our league is not that great either.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: aberhibsfc
    Welcome, finally, to Hibs Adam.

I hope he sticks a few goals away, but I'm interested to see what affect he has on our blossoming forwards.

Still hoping there's another forward in our plans to come in.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Agree the post you are quoting is ridiculous which is unsurprising.

But I do think there is reason to be sceptical about this signing. I’m not completely writing it off but, equally, I’m not convinced.
    Fair enough. I think there can be an element of scepticism in every signing though. There was a bit with Youan, with Fish, with CJ. Even with Boyle when he came from Dundee. We just need to wait and see.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tambo View Post
    Gives block 7 a few weeks or so to come up with a song for him.
    When the ball hits the net

Like a low flying jet

That's Le Fronde

etc
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Coaching Staff
    Posted similar on another thread but here goes

I have watched Alfie regularly over the past 5 years so here’s what I expect what you will see

A nippy, mobile centre forward who scores from both inside the box, with either foot and when the chance presents itself from outside too. And we have a new penalty taker as he usually rifles them in.
    He has scored wherever he’s been and I expect his contribution to be in double figures.

He was loved by the Sydney fans and I know many Reading fans wanted him back, but obviously the connection with our New DOF, who was his manager when at Reading, tipped the scales in our favour.

I really don’t have any negatives to offer, so some on here will be disappointed no doubt
    And don’t let Wikipedia confuse you, as it did a few others….yes he’s played in India, but that was a few years ago when he got an offer to play for six months or so for ‘life changing’ money, and Sydney let him go on loan.
    Wiki lists his time in India last, ….and some thought he arrived from there.

Yes he’s 36, and obviously nearer to the end of his career than the start of it, but we have gambled on inexperienced ‘project’ players recently and been disappointed, and his experience should see a lot of chances converted, which previously would have not been the case.
    Personally, I am excited by the thought of a front 3 of Boyle, Le Fondre and Youan.

So, welcome Alfie……hope you enjoy the sausage rolls in Scotland.
    Last edited by Forza Fred; 16-06-2023 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post

I have watched Alfie regularly over the past 5 years so here’s what I expect what you will see

A nippy, mobile centre forward who scores from both inside the box, with either foot and when the chance presents itself from outside too. And we have a new penalty taker as he usually rifles them in.
    He has scored wherever he’s been and I expect his contribution to be in double figures.

He was loved by the Sydney fans and I know many Reading fans wanted him back, but obviously the connection with our New DOF, who was his manager when at Reading, tipped the scales in our favour.

I really don’t have any negatives to offer, so some on here will be disappointed no doubt
    And don’t let Wikipedia confuse you, as it did a few others….yes he’s played in India, but that was a few years ago when he got an offer to play for six months or so for ‘life changing’ money, and Sydney let him go on loan.

Yes he’s 36, and obviously nearer to the end of his career than the start of it, but we have gambled on inexperienced ‘project’ players recently and been disappointed, and his experience should see a lot of chances converted, which previously would have not been the case.
    Personally, I am excited by the thought of a front 3 of Boyle, Le Fondre and Youan.

Cheers Fred 👍

Welcome to Hibs ALF

Its hard to predict how he will get on, the big fear over McGeady was injuries and bad luck or not those fears turned out to be well founded. Le Fondre certainly doesn't seem to be injury prone, but he is certainly of an age where injuries are more likely and this league I would imagine is far more physical then the 'A' league.

His goals return in his last few seasons is very good though and if he can replicate that for us he could turn out to be a great signing. Lets hope so, because we do need a tick in that box after the last few windows.

@hibs.net private member BoltonHibee's Avatar

Was this the forward you knew had signed or is there another you know about?

He was good at Bolton before heading off down under, If he still has that kind of form ( I’ve not seen much of him in Oz) then he’ll be a good signing for us.

Can’t believe there won’t be a younger forward still to come though

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Welcome to Hibs ALF

Its hard to predict how he will get on, the big fear over McGeady was injuries and bad luck or not those fears turned out to be well founded. Le Fondre certainly doesn't seem to be injury prone, but he is certainly of an age where injuries are more likely and this league I would imagine is far more physical then the 'A' league.

His goals return in his last few seasons is very good though and if he can replicate that for us he could turn out to be a great signing. Lets hope so, because we do need a tick in that box after the last few windows.
    One thing which sticks out is that he has been a fan favourite at a lot of clubs he's played for. In regards to his goalscoring record it's probably the best we've had on the books for years. I think with him on the pitch we will be a lot more confident of scoring a goal, something we have probably lacked prior to Nisbet returning from injury.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by BoltonHibee View Post

He was good at Bolton before heading off down under, If he still has that kind of form ( I’ve not seen much of him in Oz) then he’ll be a good signing for us.

Patrick McPartlin confirmed in an article tonight that we will be bringing in another striker.

https://youtu.be/6UTdcWdRaXA

Some of those finishes are a joke!

The one 02:10 in really reminds me of a Riordan goal

@hibs.net private member BoltonHibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesHFC View Post
    Patrick McPartlin confirmed in an article tonight that we will be bringing in another striker.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post

Exciting.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post

That’s a sensational penalty in there too.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

As highlight reels go that's pretty decent

My cousin has been a Reading season ticket holder for about 30 years and says he's a legend, sounds like a good signing.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Just a meh & a deep sigh from me.

Guy played in the premier League but he'll need to adapt to Scottish football

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Guy played in the premier League but he'll need to adapt to Scottish football

Seen enough EPL veterans with very good cvs struggle in our league. Obvs hoping that won’t be the case here, but it happens. Roy Keane and Joey Barton come to mind.

To the tune on labamba adam le fondre

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Seen enough EPL veterans with very good cvs struggle in our league. Obvs hoping that won’t be the case here, but it happens. Roy Keane and Joey Barton come to mind.
    Keane was finished, his hip had gone and Joey Barton and “very good cv” don’t belong in the same sentence

Welcome to the Hibees Glenville

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by BoltonHibee View Post

Aye this was the one.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swedish hibee View Post
    Just a meh & a deep sigh from me.
    Similar here, with a touch of 'wtf?' thrown in.

Never seen him play, and it's not the sort of signing I can get excited about.

Not saying it's a bad move by the club, but I'm not sure how we can say it's a decent one either.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Similar here, with a touch of 'wtf?' thrown in.

Never seen him play, and it's not the sort of signing I can get excited about.

Not saying it's a bad move by the club, but I'm not sure how we can say it's a decent one either.
    Well the obvious answer is to see him play first before deciding if it’s a good or bad signing, is it no?

Well the obvious answer is to see him play first before deciding if it’s a good or bad signing, is it no?
    I agree that what he does will determine whether he’s a good or bad signing.

But when you’re signing someone at 36 who has been playing at an inferior level (as he’s said himself) then I think it’s fair that some may be a bit sceptical about his signing. I’m 50/50 with it personally, can’t quite make my mind up on it.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Yeah, thanks for that insight, really helpful and not at all condescending