hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Bevvy.com

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I’m with you on this. Probably nothing wrong with the product, but Bevvy on our shirts, lacks class
    What kind of message does this send to our younger fans
    To start collecting whisky ? 🤷🏽*♂️

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due
    Some zoomers on here who are just desperate to be raging about something.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post
    Got no issues with that either especially as it's meant to be a record breaking deal as well.
    I actually think it’s genius tbh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member WellingtonHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibees1973 View Post
    Seems we are in the minority. Stand by for a few personal criticisms on this thread.

When you see any team jersey on national TV they are immediately associated and branded with their main shirt sponsor. Yes, loads of clubs have alcohol and betting shirt sponsors. But to now have a slang word for alcohol at the front of the jersey is very poor, short sighted, lacks class and is shocking marketing for the club.

Which makes it clear to understand why there is a separate main sponsor shirt for kids.
    Absolutely the antithesis of what our support demands. Id expect our prohibitionist terraced fans to make it clear that we only want root beer and saspirilla available around the ground too.

Grow up. Society runs on and functions on alcohol trade and to suggest we turn our nose up at it's money is mental. Hibs should engage responsibly in the vices it's patrons and supporters indulge in..
    Kicking it in Wellington .

I’m with you on this. Probably nothing wrong with the product, but Bevvy on our shirts, lacks class

@hibs.net private member hibsforeurope's Avatar
    Whether or not it's a website selling alcohol, it's certainly promoting it, not a good look as far as i'm concerned.

I know we've had betting and alcohol sponsors in the past but times have changed and it's not longer appropriate.

Much like tobacco sponsorship was banned and betting is being banned, so should alcohol.

Like the NFT deal, this is lacking morals by Hibs again.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsforeurope View Post
    Whether or not it's a website selling alcohol, it's certainly promoting it, not a good look as far as i'm concerned.

I know we've had betting and alcohol sponsors in the past but times have changed and it's not longer appropriate.

Much like tobacco sponsorship was banned and betting is being banned, so should alcohol.

No bother Millionaire Mary Whitehouse

Morals are only for those who can afford them

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I need a bigger size shirt these days so I wonder if the larger sizes will have “Hevvy” instead?
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

This thread reflects society as a whole nowadays. Instant reaction is to be offended and complain, much easier to do that than to engage the brain, research the company and understand how commercial relationships work.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I need a bigger size shirt these days so I wonder if the larger sizes will have “Hevvy” instead?

It'll be a normal size and read "evv".
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by WellingtonHibby View Post
    No bother Millionaire Mary Whitehouse

Morals are only for those who can afford them
    Hardly, folk don't need money to have morals.

Clubs can still get good sponsorship deals without going to companies in these industry's.

Why don't we just get Bensons & Hedges or Camel on the front!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian Verse View Post
    Oh my god that's disgusting
    Using my first post to say I completely agree. Disgusted that Hibs have received a record fee for a groundbreaking deal that cleverly embraces modern technology and gets us talked about. I'll be disgusted when the accounts are released and we're healthy and thriving.

Interesting

I have no issue with an alcohol related brand sponsoring Hibs. I get why people might though.

The name of the brand? Hmm, you could say that Bevvy has connotations with an element of drinking culture that has a more negative perceptions , at least in the mainstream. Whisky feels quite far from that perhaps?

Still, expanding from whisky, to any drink you like - craft beer, wine, spirits, bubbles, etc, would no doubt be part of their expansion plans, in which case, a more mass market name like Bevvy makes more sense.

But, if you look at the vid they've released (which gives a few hints to the design, simple green with a sort of woven pattern in it), you can see what it'll look like on the shirt, and purely on aesthetics, I think it looks poor, it's not their logo, its Bevvy.com, as the name with a bottle in a circle floating in some kind of sea of QR code above it? Dunno, I'll hold final judgment, but not a fan for now. Would have preferred their actual logo, which is better / cleaner.

Anyway, all of that is just an opinion, and won't have any lasting impact on the club - it's a logo on the strip, that comes with a bunch of vital funds, so there are far more important parts - like singing a replacement for KN for starters, that eclipse who our sponsor is.

I thank them for their support/cash and hope we use it to help us win games and succeed as a club!

Ok, I'm off for a bevvy!

Clubs can still get good sponsorship deals without going to companies in these industry's.

Ask them?
    Reckon they knocked back an equal proposal from anyone else.
    Equally, who has the moral fortitude to get on your front of shirt pedestal? Interested to know who does no social harm whilst having the cash to ***** on a mid table. Spfl team?

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar

Just a few short years ago we didn't have a sponsor. Our national cup competition didn't. Hearts didn't. Livingston are struggling to get a main sponsor.

Money is tight in Scottish football, whereas we have noisy neighbors in England who can click their fingers and secure hundreds of millions in sponsorship deals.

Whilst I wouldn't ever endorse putting a tobacco or gambling company on a Hibs top, and I would feel differently about an actual alcohol manufacturer being on the strip, I have no complaints about this at all. Record breaking deal with a Scottish company who clearly have an innovative side to them. Who's losing?
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian Verse View Post
    It's entertaining seeing the posts about how terrible the name is.

Their marketing team will be absolutely loving it.
    Always amazes me how some (minority) Hibs fans can't wait to jump on the club

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar

Budweiser was one of the main sponsors of last year's world cup and that was in Qatar.

Heineken sponsored last week's CL final and all the games leading up to it.

Glen's Vodka sponsored our league.

I've never read you or anyone else criticise those deals, but when it comes to Hibs, fill your boots.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by 1van Sprou7e View Post
    The faux outrage is hilarious

It's an app that gives people info about fancy whisky bottles, they're not exactly preying on the weak and vulnerable with a cheap lager or whatever

People making comparisons to wonga 😂 behave
    👏

What a car crash of a thread. Again.

It seems a vocal few are affronted by the idea that someone might have a different opinion from them so resort to the cheap shots and name calling. It's pathetic.

It's a topic where there are clearly nuances to be found. I have no real issue with the deal, I can see why others might. I don't really feel the need to aim personal digs at them because of that.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

It seems a vocal few are affronted by the idea that someone might have a different opinion from them so resort to the cheap shots and name calling. It's pathetic.

It's a topic where there are clearly nuances to be found. I have no real issue with the deal, I can see why others might. I don't really feel the need to aim personal digs at them because of that.
    I agree that name calling is unnecessary, but I think, in general, people are just defending the club and its decision.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

From the pictures it looks smart, will appeal to collectors etc as well with a sponsor like “Bevvy” on the front, good marketing from hibs and Bevvy.com.

No one seems to complain when we have Hibs branded beer from Pilot but somehow this is an issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

The vocal minority appear to be those who are affronted by the sponsor.

"Tacky, Wonga moment, will be like sportemongo."

I think most fans are just a bit exasperated at fans constantly finding something to knock Hibs for.

These are almost certainly the fans that will moan if we lost out on Fish or didn't sign a ready made replacement for Nisbet.

Surely fans understand commercial relationships and where we sit in the food chain. As Radge posted the SPFL are hardly batting sponsors away.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    Quite a lot of smelling salts required for some of the premadonnas on this thread. Great sponsor, doesn't even sell alcohol, quality name a bit different etc.

So people who don't like it for whatever reason are open to being called prima Donna's, bed wetters etc and their opinion isn't valid but this who do are just grand?

@hibs.net private member
    Quite like the QR code thing.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TimeForHeroes View Post
    Using my first post to say I completely agree. Disgusted that Hibs have received a record fee for a groundbreaking deal that cleverly embraces modern technology and gets us talked about. I'll be disgusted when the accounts are released and we're healthy and thriving.
    Me too, it's quite outrageous.

Eden Mills sponsored us for 5 years.

Was there a big thread criticising the club when that partnership started?

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    I agree that name calling is unnecessary, but I think, in general, people are just defending the club and its decision.
    There's about 4 people on the entire thread who have actually criticised the club. Most of the rest is just people falling over themselves to be the most outraged about that.

Plenty people have managed to make their point with a degree of respect. Other people just seems really angry for some reason. Probably a fair reflection of the way the way the site has gone in the last couple of years sadly.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Budweiser was one of the main sponsors of last year's world cup and that was in Qatar.

Heineken sponsored last week's CL final and all the games leading up to it.

Glen's Vodka sponsored our league.

I've never read you or anyone else criticise those deals, but when it comes to Hibs, fill your boots.
    There's loads of things that used to be acceptable in the past that aren't now, there are multiple page threads on such things on this board. Alcohol related sponsorship should be one of them, for all not just hibs.

Fifa/uefa are not a good example, they have a proven history of lacking any morals or sense of what is right, the location of the world cup prove this.

me and my kids have little or no interest in those competitions, unless Scotland are playing, but they are big in to Hibs and Hibs merchandise. the fact Hibs had to get a different sponsor for the Kids kit and to play in Europe should be a guide on what's appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by HibeeSince85 View Post
    This thread reflects society as a whole nowadays. Instant reaction is to be offended and complain, much easier to do that than to engage the brain, research the company and understand how commercial relationships work.
    Or, as I see it, having a colloquial term for going on the piss. To me, it has nothing but negative conotations. What the actual company does or doesn't do will not change that. For me, it sounds like a cheap booze type warehouse selling strong cider and fortified get drunk quick solutions (pun intended)

But of course, opinions will vary.

First Team Regular Corstorphine Hibby's Avatar
    We could talk to younger fans and explain that the word 'Bevvy' has been shortened from the word beverage and, having a beverage can be either non-alcoholic or alcoholic.