hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bevvy.com

Bevvy.com

Goodness me.

Just been sent an email from Hibs that our new main front of strip sponsor is......Bevvy.com

Eh, is this for real?

All fine and well championing it as our highest earning deal but if true, a new low as our front of strip main sponsor.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I don’t see any problem with it. A record breaking deal with a Hibs supporting, Scottish company, and an all-white logo for our home shirt to boot.

The Hibs are oot for a bevy.

I'd rather we steered clear of alcohol, gambling etc. but what is done, is done.

Tbh I reckon it could be a big seller. A strip with 'Bevvy' on the front will have an appeal beyond Hibs with collectors and the like.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

First Team Breakthrough
    Been advertised around ER last season and no one seen/noticed an issue with it.

Sponsors fine - pays money into club.

Testimonial Due Edinburgh Green's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibees1973 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Goodness me.

Just been sent an email from Hibs that our new main front of strip sponsor is......Bevvy.com

Eh, is this for real?

All fine and well championing it as our highest earning deal but if true, a new low as our front of strip main sponsor.
    Haha, a new low? Behave

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibees1973 View Post
    Goodness me.

Eh, is this for real?

More so than Marathon Bet - who front our cup winning shirt? Or Carlsberg? Or Whyte & Mackie? Or Crabbies?

But then, you haven't had a good whinge for a while so fill yer boots.
    Last edited by Jones28; 15-06-2023 at 10:27 AM.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

We had Carlsberg, I have no problem with it, get the cash in is the main thing.

@hibs.net private member Green Man's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheMightyJag PSN ID: FiveOClockHero
    I don’t have a problem with them sponsoring us but I’m surprised that what seems like a small company is able to give us our biggest ever deal.

Testimonial Due
    The low was the first season with Marathon Bet, basically a horrible sticker

Quote Originally Posted by Green Man View Post
    I don’t have a problem with them sponsoring us but I’m surprised that what seems like a small company is able to give us our biggest ever deal.
    They’ve got backing from international VC firms including one in LA, they’ll be operating on seed money I suppose. Being a tech startup with Californian VC backing probably suggests some big bucks!

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Have to admit I'm disappointed we've again chosen alcohol as our shirt sponsor. Along with gambling it's something we should be trying to phase out.

Also, my Dad tried the Bevvy app and it was *****.

That the most interesting thing I wonder how much it is.

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    More so than Marathon Bet - who front our cup winning shirt? Or Carlsberg? Or Whyte & Mackie? Or Crabbies?

But then, you haven't had a good whinge for a while so fill yer boots.
    No issues from me either.

Curious as to how they make any revenue though!

@hibs.net private member Green Man's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheMightyJag PSN ID: FiveOClockHero
    Quote Originally Posted by Vault Boy View Post
    They’ve got backing from international VC firms including one in LA, they’ll be operating on seed money I suppose. Being a tech startup with Californian VC backing probably suggests some big bucks!
    I wondered if that was the case, some of these VC firms throw silly money at startups.

I wondered if that was the case, some of these VC firms throw silly money at startups.
    Aye, they’ve got the capital to be able to throw **** at the wall until it sticks. I’d imagine the reason behind the ‘at least two years’ wording in the press release is because that’s all the runway Bevvy can guarantee.

If they’re successful in future funding rounds then it may well get renewed.

Doesn't exactly evoke Hibs Class. A dirge on our society. I thought we (football as a whole) was moving on from this nonsense.

@hibs.net private member
    As far as I see they aren't an alcohol company but a valuation Co, is that correct. We had Edin Mill on our strip recently without much issue

Money talks and as we are talking money.....how much they paying?

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    Have to admit I'm disappointed we've again chosen alcohol as our shirt sponsor. Along with gambling it's something we should be trying to phase out.

Also, my Dad tried the Bevvy app and it was *****.
    Seems we are in the minority. Stand by for a few personal criticisms on this thread.

When you see any team jersey on national TV they are immediately associated and branded with their main shirt sponsor. Yes, loads of clubs have alcohol and betting shirt sponsors. But to now have a slang word for alcohol at the front of the jersey is very poor, short sighted, lacks class and is shocking marketing for the club.

Which makes it clear to understand why there is a separate main sponsor shirt for kids.

Love it

Has anyone actually looked at the website? Or just making assumptions based on the name? They don’t sell alcohol.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    It seems a bit of a niche website to be chucking huge amounts of cash at a football club.

How does it make money? It doesn't seem to sell anything or am I looking in the wrong place?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

An embarrassing logo. Up there with Wonga.

What next Buckfast!

Quote Originally Posted by Stairway 2 7 View Post
    As far as I see they aren't an alcohol company but a valuation Co, is that correct. We had Edin Mill on our strip recently without much issue
    Correct

For what their app does, arguably it's a daft choice of name. Grabs the attention I suppose.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    A premier Scottish sports club with “Bevvy” emblazoned across their shirts just isn’t a great look for me.

So many people not even looking into the company before moaning. Its a great app for getting values, and logging whiskey collections; not encouraging people to buy a 6 pack and sit on the curb necking it.

Very good sponsor IMO.

Scottish club with Scottish slang word, generating interest for the paying sponsor.

Sounds like job done to me.

Even as a startup company I’m wondering how they intend to make their dosh? Paid-for subscription access to their whisky database? Very niche! But if they’re paying the big bucks…

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gloucester Hibs View Post
    Even as a startup company I’m wondering how they intend to make their dosh? Paid-for subscription access to their whisky database? Very niche! But if they’re paying the big bucks…
    They’ve had an influx of global investment recently.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    “A new low” dearie me