hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    First Team Regular Heedersnvolleys's Avatar
    It’s amazing

2. Log in to remove the advert

Out - stand - ing 👐

Quite a phenomenal night. Scotland game straight beforehand in a local then over the Links for an outstanding gig.

Going to take a while to wind down.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Cannot wait for this afternoon 🍻
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

@hibs.net private member Craig_HFC's Avatar
    What a brilliant day & night.

Went to the pre-gig hospitality in the Edinburgh club and then watched the Scotland game in the Albion Bar before going to Leith Links for the gig. Crowd was buzzing and The Proclaimers were on top form, brilliant night.
    PERSEVERE
    Verb: pə:ːsɪ'ˈvɪə/
    To not give up.
    To go the distance.
    To stop at nothing.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Mate is after 2 tickets for tonight if anyone knows of any

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was the musical equivelent of 2016 for me. Outstanding! Whoever's going tonight is in for a treat.

What a racket. I was enjoying a nice cup of tea and a digestive, well it might have been a rich tea, happily watching Miss Marple solving some dastardly deeds then the sounds of a famous band and thousands of appreciative fans spoil it.

No consideration nowadays. At least tonight I will get some peace and quiet. It's Poirot night. That can only mean custard creams and a nice pot of Darjeeling.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by stuart-farquhar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What a racket. I was enjoying a nice cup of tea and a digestive, well it might have been a rich tea, happily watching Miss Marple solving some dastardly deeds then the sounds of a famous band and thousands of appreciative fans spoil it.

No consideration nowadays. At least tonight I will get some peace and quiet. It's Poirot night. That can only mean custard creams and a nice pot of Darjeeling.
    Better keep those custard creams in the jar

Outstanding last night, superb.

Added bonus seeing Admiral Fallow again live
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Quote Originally Posted by stuart-farquhar View Post

Swap the Darjeeling for a nice cup of Davidgray

Leith mobbed again, got to love it. Here we go again 🍺🙂🍺

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    6th time I’ve seen them last night including Hands on Hibs and Paul Hanlon’s testimonial but last night topped the lot.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Was a great night but surely SOL should have finished the night.
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

Just back. Best I’ve seen them. Their band were outstanding as well.

Hopefully more Leith Links gigs, the tent was great. Wondered what the acoustics would be like but can’t fault it and made for a brilliant atmosphere.

Simply majestic. They should make it an annual event in the Links.

Sunshine on leith, wow. My mate was crying, simply unrivalled.

Those auld speccy maestros know how to put on a show. Sunshine on Leith was utterly awesome - and the other favourites were absolutely fantastic.
    What about the rain afterwards? Drookiit.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar

The Proclaimers on Leith Links (SHC)

Quote Originally Posted by erin go bragh View Post
    Was a great night but surely SOL should have finished the night.
    whenever I have seen them (at least a dozen times) they finish the encore with Joyful Kilmarnock Blues.

Past by this morning on my way to work and they have started taking the site apart.

It does seem a bit of shame that the area was only used for 2 gigs. It had such a nice mini festival feel about it that it would be good if something similar could be a permanent fixture of the summer in the same way the Castle gigs now are. 2 or 3 weekends every summer would be a nice addition to the Edinburgh music scene imo.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    WOW, what a night, brilliant show, that was the best performance I've seen from them.

@hibs.net private member
    Echo what others have said, I'd only seen them at the castle before which was great but last night was a different level. They sounded excellent.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Fantastic show last night. Both support acts were great and The Proclaimers were excellent as usual. Hopefully there will be more gigs down at the Links. Got absolutely soaked on the way home, though

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Past by this morning on my way to work and they have started taking the site apart.

It does seem a bit of shame that the area was only used for 2 gigs. It had such a nice mini festival feel about it that it would be good if something similar could be a permanent fixture of the summer in the same way the Castle gigs now are. 2 or 3 weekends every summer would be a nice addition to the Edinburgh music scene imo.
    This was very much a tester for how a gig on the Links would be received. There has to be a balance between access to what is common good land and benefit to the community of Leith and beyond. I believe a £1 of every ticket spent has went to Leith Links Community Council to allocate to the locality. Most people think the weekend was a success so hopefully there will be more gigs in the future.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Hibee View Post
    This was very much a tester for how a gig on the Links would be received. There has to be a balance between access to what is common good land and benefit to the community of Leith and beyond. I believe a £1 of every ticket spent has went to Leith Links Community Council to allocate to the locality. Most people think the weekend was a success so hopefully there will be more gigs in the future.
    Good to hear.

Definitely has to be a balance but I thought everything about Saturday was great. Pubs were busy, atmosphere at the gig was spot on, folk just chilling and listening from outside all seemed to have a good time. Would be happy to see such a thing become a regular summer occurrence.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Gamer IDs

I was at yesterdays gig and Leith walk had a buzz around it from early afternoon. Local businesses must’ve felt the 12k people out and about the area which can only be a good thing.

Also, the links seemed well set up, good number of food stalls and drink queues. Pretty impressed.

I'm writing this as someone who lives within 150 yards of the venue

I thought it was absolutely magic, and was great to see the community tent as the first tent to greet you on arrival

There was no bother at all on our side of the links (south side) from cars parking or any of that kind of stuff

And the whole event brought just a load of joy and a bit of life to the Links

I'm someone who is critical of how they try and use Princes Street Gardens for these kind of gigs btw (with all the barriers blocking views of the castle and folk being banned from accessing the public park at all) and the Links lends itself way more easily to these kind of gigs.

What a night, I echo everyone's thoughts above - hope it turns into an annual event with the Proclaimers, and that it gets to bring some life to the area during the Festival/Fringe

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Springbank View Post
    I'm writing this as someone who lives within 150 yards of the venue

I thought it was absolutely magic, and was great to see the community tent as the first tent to greet you on arrival

There was no bother at all on our side of the links (south side) from cars parking or any of that kind of stuff

And the whole event brought just a load of joy and a bit of life to the Links

I'm someone who is critical of how they try and use Princes Street Gardens for these kind of gigs btw (with all the barriers blocking views of the castle and folk being banned from accessing the public park at all) and the Links lends itself way more easily to these kind of gigs.

What a night, I echo everyone's thoughts above - hope it turns into an annual event with the Proclaimers, and that it gets to bring some life to the area during the Festival/Fringe

Yep, my elderly parents live just off Leith Links and they had no issues either. I think they were worried when it was announced, they’d have folk peeing in their doorway, etc. They didn’t even hear it which I was a bit surprised at.