hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yep, my elderly parents live just off Leith Links and they had no issues either. I think they were worried when it was announced, they’d have folk peeing in their doorway, etc. They didn’t even hear it which I was a bit surprised at.
    100% same

Couldn't believe how well sound-proofed the tent is

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    Fantastic show last night. Both support acts were great and The Proclaimers were excellent as usual. Hopefully there will be more gigs down at the Links. Got absolutely soaked on the way home, though
    Had to retire to the Bottom Shop pub when the monsoon started. 💦
    Last edited by HUTCHYHIBBY; 19-06-2023 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Hibee View Post
    This was very much a tester for how a gig on the Links would be received. There has to be a balance between access to what is common good land and benefit to the community of Leith and beyond. I believe a £1 of every ticket spent has went to Leith Links Community Council to allocate to the locality. Most people think the weekend was a success so hopefully there will be more gigs in the future.
    Leith links community council and Leith Athletic had prominent stalls just inside the venue which was a nice touch, many of the food vans were local too, then you had newbarns brewery based in Jane Street operating one of the bars. It felt like a real effort was made to involve the community.

I've been to plenty of gigs over the years and never experienced an atmosphere like it. First gig for my 11 year old son, warned him they won't all be as good as that.

@hibs.net private member
    Went on Saturday and it was unreal. All the better as I lost my ticket for it so had to scramble about trying to get one last minute, so glad I never missed that. Atmosphere around Leith was brilliant before and after!

Absolutely fantastic yesterday. Great atmosphere all round. Never saw the first band but very impressed by Admiral Fallow and the Proclaimers were the ultimate pros. Excellent performance from the boys and their backing band were also superb. Hopefully the first of many similar type events for the Links over the coming years - as others have mentioned. Local businesses must have had record takings over the weekend and thats a more than welcome boost after years of council inflicted misery.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibeeg
    The council will probably see an opportunity to make some cash now, take it over as their own idea and ruin it.

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Absolutely fantastic yesterday. Great atmosphere all round. Never saw the first band but very impressed by Admiral Fallow and the Proclaimers were the ultimate pros. Excellent performance from the boys and their backing band were also superb. Hopefully the first of many similar type events for the Links over the coming years - as others have mentioned. Local businesses must have had record takings over the weekend and thats a more than welcome boost after years of council inflicted misery.
    Hamish Hawk was who you missed. Check him out, he's great

Quote Originally Posted by Glory Lurker View Post
    Hamish Hawk was who you missed. Check him out, he's great
    Yes we were going to try and get down for him but arrived just as he was finishing. An extra pint in the “bottom shop” held me back.