hibs.net Messageboard

Club Volunteering Programme

As per the closed thread please see below details for those who wish to volunteer:

𝗩𝗼𝗹𝘂𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗼𝗽𝗽𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘂𝗻𝗶𝘁𝗶𝗲𝘀 𝘁𝗼 𝗵𝗲𝗹𝗽 𝗳𝗿𝗲𝘀𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝘂𝗽 𝗘𝗮𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗥𝗼𝗮𝗱 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗱𝗶𝘂𝗺 𝗶𝘀 𝗮𝘃𝗮𝗶𝗹𝗮𝗯𝗹𝗲 𝗮𝗴𝗮𝗶𝗻 𝗶𝗻 𝗲𝗮𝗿𝗹𝘆 𝗝𝘂𝗹𝘆, supporting the operations team and contractors.

We have a 9-day window for this years volunteering programme(between 9am-4pm)

✳️ Sat 1st July
    ✳️ Sun 2nd July
    ✳️ Mon 3rd July
    ✳️ Tues 4th July
    ✳️ Wed 5th July
    ✳️ Thurs 6th July
    ✳️ Friday 7th July
    ✳️ Sat 8th July
    ✳️ Sun 9th July

If free and interested to help, contact me at kpower@hibernianfc.co.uk

This thread is strictly for info and updates on the work being done. Any attempt to drag the squabbling over from the previous thread will lead to action being taken against the posters involved. Count that as fair warning.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    FFS Hibs, just employ professionals to do this…

Just joking, Admins 🥰💚
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    FFS Hibs, just employ professionals to do this…

Just joking, Admins 🥰💚
    Volunteering can be a great way on a number of levels. As a short term think it’s great. I offered to volunteer back in the days of Fyffe Hyland when I was inbetween gigs. Didn’t even get an acknowledgement iirc.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Fantastic help from volunteers this weekend, working alongside the maintenance team, to get Easter Road looking fresh for the new season ✅

✳️ Volunteering opportunities available all next week, including the weekend

✳️ If interested to help, contact me at kpower@hibernianfc.co.uk

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Well done everyone involved, the ground does look fabulous when spruced up.

Can you just turn up ?

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: torto7062
    Quote Originally Posted by HNA11 View Post
    As per the closed thread please see below details for those who wish to volunteer:

𝗩𝗼𝗹𝘂𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗼𝗽𝗽𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘂𝗻𝗶𝘁𝗶𝗲𝘀 𝘁𝗼 𝗵𝗲𝗹𝗽 𝗳𝗿𝗲𝘀𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝘂𝗽 𝗘𝗮𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗥𝗼𝗮𝗱 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗱𝗶𝘂𝗺 𝗶𝘀 𝗮𝘃𝗮𝗶𝗹𝗮𝗯𝗹𝗲 𝗮𝗴𝗮𝗶𝗻 𝗶𝗻 𝗲𝗮𝗿𝗹𝘆 𝗝𝘂𝗹𝘆, supporting the operations team and contractors.

We have a 9-day window for this years volunteering programme(between 9am-4pm)

✳️ Sat 1st July
    ✳️ Sun 2nd July
    ✳️ Mon 3rd July
    ✳️ Tues 4th July
    ✳️ Wed 5th July
    ✳️ Thurs 6th July
    ✳️ Friday 7th July
    ✳️ Sat 8th July
    ✳️ Sun 9th July

If free and interested to help, contact me at kpower@hibernianfc.co.uk

This thread is strictly for info and updates on the work being done. Any attempt to drag the squabbling over from the previous thread will lead to action being taken against the posters involved. Count that as fair warning.
    Email sent mate

Quote Originally Posted by Hibiza View Post
    Can you just turn up ?
    Good question, yes - maintenance team are around between 9am-4pm each day (free to turn up and contribute any free time in between).

I’ll send some details over.

Quote Originally Posted by Torto7062 View Post
    Email sent mate
    Thank you. I’ll pick that up and send details over.

@hibs.net private member
    I had a trip down to see progress and take some snaps yesterday. Only two volunteers when I got there but both putting in a shift and very easy to see the difference they were making when looking at work done and still to be done. Speaking to the guys the reasons they were there were very much aligned to why the club were offering this opportunity. Feeling part of a club rather than a supporter of one, wellbeing and also a smattering of any money saved will be put to good use. Really positive and I'll hopefully get teh chance to make another trip down and even do a bit of proper work next time

The Paint Race by Simon Wootton, on Flickr

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    I had a trip down to see progress and take some snaps yesterday. Only two volunteers when I got there but both putting in a shift and very easy to see the difference they were making when looking at work done and still to be done. Speaking to the guys the reasons they were there were very much aligned to why the club were offering this opportunity. Feeling part of a club rather than a supporter of one, wellbeing and also a smattering of any money saved will be put to good use. Really positive and I'll hopefully get teh chance to make another trip down and even do a bit of proper work next time

The Paint Race by Simon Wootton, on Flickr
    Who won?

@hibs.net private member eastterrace's Avatar
    Wish they would paint the window sills in the west lower, as paint been flaking off for years.

Well done to all the folk volunteering. One of the basic strands of a successful club for me is that it takes pride in itself off the park, for me a bad sign at any club is to see peeling paintwork and weeds all over the place.

I remember seeing pictures of the back of the shed at Dens Park taken by a Jambo mate of mine a few years ago and it was absolutely shocking, weeds all over the stairs, rust and peeling paint on the hand rails and uncleared rubbish, including discarded advertising hoardings, piled up. If that was the standard acceptable off the park, what was the standard expected on the playing side?

I doubt there's a club in the land where fans would ignore a call to help out as they are doing at Easter Road and on that basis there's no need to have your stadium looking like a midden .... Unless you are Aberdeen of course, I'm sure I read somewhere that the word 'Pittodrie' is Gaelic or old Norse for 'midden'

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Trager View Post
    Who won?
    Never stayed till the end. Lack of paint may have stopped play lol as the cans were running short.

Fair play to the boys who helped out

Quote Originally Posted by eastterrace View Post
    Wish they would paint the window sills in the west lower, as paint been flaking off for years.
    Get yourself along.

@hibs.net private member eastterrace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    Get yourself along.
    I would but my health no to great at the moment ( cancer and heart attack kinda snookers me).

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Trager View Post
    Who won?
    Hibs....

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk