hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by babahibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Righto, so, hello everyone.

I've been a member here for a long, long time but never posted before, read through the site every day, almost feel like I know you all, been close to posting before but there's aways someone who comes along and says what I want to say so I end up not bothering. Life long Hibee, obvs.

Anyhoo, I've heard a wee whisper about the new shirt sponsor.

It's a company called BEVVY.
    Welcome!

If this comes to pass, it's a brilliant start to your Hibs.net "career"! 😃

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Bridge hibs View Post
    Think that would be cool shirt sponsor unlike this 🤭
    https://images.app.goo.gl/FBVTbYRB2eYiGLj18

@hibs.net private member Green Reaper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post
    Think that would be cool shirt sponsor unlike this 🤭
    https://images.app.goo.gl/FBVTbYRB2eYiGLj18
    That's nearly as bad as Wonga

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Welcome!

If this comes to pass, it's a brilliant start to your Hibs.net "career"! 😃
    No pressure then..........

Quote Originally Posted by Green Reaper View Post
    That's nearly as bad as Wonga
    Nearly but not quite 😂

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Absolutely no pressure.

We're all credible until we're not. 😃

FWIW, I hope you're right about the sponsorship and the strips.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

I've been a member here for a long, long time but never posted before, read through the site every day, almost feel like I know you all, been close to posting before but there's aways someone who comes along and says what I want to say so I end up not bothering. Life long Hibee, obvs.

Would make sense. They're already one of our collection of partnerships.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pacoluna View Post
    Gambling companies revenue is based on 5% of their customers, high spending addicts..their whole business model is now based on high RGN online gaming which industries such as horse racing has happily allowed themselves to be conflated with.

A perverse Industry that's regulated by an incompetent gambling Commision who hand out fines on a monthly basis for social responsibility failings but never suspend licenses.

Gambling isn't what it was 30-50 years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I've argued for some time that gambling and gaming should be treated as completely different entities.

Sports betting can be and indeed is problematic but the gaming sides of the major bookmakers is where the real damage is often done. The max spin limits on the FOBTs has seen developers find relatively unsophisticated ways around them but it's within the new laws. Online is just a frontier and a huge part of the advertising and marketing of gaming is about tempting the serial loser back to the table as it were.
    Fair point to differentiate gaming with sports betting where there is an element of skill and judgement. Online poker also has a skill level as well so wouldn't include that. But online roulette, slots, bingo etc are a different kettle of fish - they tell you in the small print how much you lose on each pound played with. Dangerous games, ones that have got a hold of people I know.

Just finished reading the thread. Simple question ... there are 11 other clubs in the Scottish premiership, who can name who sponsors even half of them? I know I cant.

My take on it is that advertising is all about market share in the modern era, not about pushing the actual nature of the business. For example car manufacturers: everybody on the planet knows what a car is, near enough everybody who can drive want's to own one, the myriad of car companies advertise to win a share of that market, they have absolutely no need to encourage folk to learn to drive.

It is the law that every driver has to have car insurance, the purpose of advertising it is to win market share, not to get folk to take it out.

Gambling and booze firms are the same. Folk have been drinking alcohol and gambling since the bloomin' stone age and folk have been abusing or been abused by both ever since. When attempts have been made to stop either all that has happened is that they get driven underground and are taken over by crooks, prohibition in the USA being the prime example. In the US the state of Nevada practically exists on gambling.

In short, I think the idea that football clubs having betting or booze firms on their shirts encourages folk to partake in the actual activities themselves is very much open to question.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Just finished reading the thread. Simple question ... there are 11 other clubs in the Scottish premiership, who can name who sponsors even half of them? I know I cant.

My take on it is that advertising is all about market share in the modern era, not about pushing the actual nature of the business. For example car manufacturers: everybody on the planet knows what a car is, near enough everybody who can drive want's to own one, the myriad of car companies advertise to win a share of that market, they have absolutely no need to encourage folk to learn to drive.

It is the law that every driver has to have car insurance, the purpose of advertising it is to win market share, not to get folk to take it out.

Gambling and booze firms are the same. Folk have been drinking alcohol and gambling since the bloomin' stone age and folk have been abusing or been abused by both ever since. When attempts have been made to stop either all that has happened is that they get driven underground and are taken over by crooks, prohibition in the USA being the prime example. In the US the state of Nevada practically exists on gambling.

In short, I think the idea that football clubs having betting or booze firms on their shirts encourages folk to partake in the actual activities themselves is very much open to question.
    Market share? The gambling industry is monopolised with their head offices based offshore.

Flutter, Entain, 888.

All fined heavily several times for AML failings and social responsibility failings.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Would make sense. They're already one of our collection of partnerships.
    They are a tiny company. Must be a whoosh moment.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    They are a tiny company. Must be a whoosh moment.
    Perhaps someone at Hibs is invested in the company and this is their chance to promote the company at a higher level than they currently do?

Just 100% speculation here to keep the conversation going.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    We need to wait and see re sponsors.but the Jockey Club pump thousands into hospitality for MPS of the main parties - not lobbying of course as that's not cricket.... Lo and behold, reforms are watered down ti.e and again

If a company spends a million on advertising, its all offset against tax, so makes sense especially as all betting is run offshore. Wouldn't be surprised if the big 3 were all started /acquired by gangsters.

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

Hmmm not a fan of gambling/alcohol deals to be honest, I'm on that bandwagon.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    I have it on good authority* that this is what's going to be on Hibs' shirts next season.

Attachment 26872

* My dad's postie is never wrong
    First off *boke*
    Second, that’d be cool as ****

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Hibby Kay-Yay's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ps3 - hibby kay-yay

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby Kay-Yay View Post
    Bartercard have been our training gear sponsor for a couple years now haven't they......

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep View Post
    Bartercard have been our training gear sponsor for a couple years now haven't they......
    Correct

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Still never been able to work out what it is they do.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Clearly not getting their money's worth then!

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Google is your friend.

J

So this has been confirmed now - good info Babahibs.

Have to say I'm not too impressed. A quick look at their financials shows they are small time, with net assets of less than £100k.

I'm not sure what number it takes to hit a record sponsorship deal for us. Clearly "BEVVY" will be hoping for a boost from the publicity they'll receive. But you'd need to be concerned that they can actually stump up the money.

Hopefully we're not going to be stung again, as we were with that daft NFT scam Sportem*ngo that we partnered with. You'd like to think the club have done their diligence but it's not a great look overall IMO.

Good scoop!

On emerald green as well by the looks of things

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post

Have to say I'm not too impressed. A quick look at their financials shows they are small time, with net assets of less than £100k.

I'm not sure what number it takes to hit a record sponsorship deal for us. Clearly "BEVVY" will be hoping for a boost from the publicity they'll receive. But you'd need to be concerned that they can actually stump up the money.

Hopefully we're not going to be stung again, as we were with that daft NFT scam Sportem*ngo that we partnered with. You'd like to think the club have done their diligence but it's not a great look overall IMO.
    They are a relatively new company, they raised £1m from investors in a seed funding round last year to fund their marketing projects.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    They are a relatively new company, they raised £1m from investors in a seed funding round last year to fund their marketing projects.
    That makes sense and hopefully a good chunk of that is coming our way

Would be interesting to track the number of users (or other relevant metrics) for their app and see what kind of bump they get in the next year. Hopefully works out for both parties.

Albeit - not being a whisky drinker - not sure I see that there is a massive problem that their technology solves which is going to drive huge success there??

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post

Bevvy have been a partner for at least a year, this move is an upgrade on whatever advertising deal we had with them previously.

Bevvy have been a partner for at least a year, this move is an upgrade on whatever advertising deal we had with them previously.
    I'm aware of that but funding a record sponsorship deal is a little different than the partnership they've had to date. One of a growing list of partners.

Difficult to put much stock in a relationship to date, with a company that have only existed for 20 odd months.

Good info 👍
    https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...artner-4183849

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    When it was first raised I did wonder how they would afford it. The company is tiny and for the life of me I can't figure out the business case. They don't actually sell "bevvy". Its just a database of whisky. How does it eventually make income?

Already people are complaining about it but its not actually an alcohol company - its a data company.