Available now!
    🚪 Kevin Nisbet departs
    🌾a new pitch is laid
    📊 some stats from @IrvingAnalysis and @HibernianFC

Get it here:
    📺 https://youtu.be/c6iKw8u9oFM

🎧 https://pod.fo/e/183584

2. Log in to remove the advert

Irving analysis stats were interesting in how some of our players had improved since the new manager has come in and in Campbells the difference is night and day which I think is down to LJ playing him as a attacking midfielder . As a team in general we are much more attacking and good to watch at times .

The goalkeeper stats that were done between Marshall v Macy were surprising in there wasn't much difference or they had Macy ahead .

Spoke to another Hibee here and had a good yatter about Hibs just before the 0-0 against Aberdeen and when it came to Mckirdy the guy said " I think he just needs a goal to get him going" . Must admit I've had that feeling about him as well tbh . I think if we get a offer for him he's one we'd move on alright though I still for some strange reason think he might come good yet .

Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Irving analysis stats were interesting in how some of our players had improved since the new manager has come in and in Campbells the difference is night and day which I think is down to LJ playing him as a attacking midfielder . As a team in general we are much more attacking and good to watch at times .

The goalkeeper stats that were done between Marshall v Macy were surprising in there wasn't much difference or they had Macy ahead .

Spoke to another Hibee here and had a good yatter about Hibs just before the 0-0 against Aberdeen and when it came to Mckirdy the guy said " I think he just needs a goal to get him going" . Must admit I've had that feeling about him as well tbh . I think if we get a offer for him he's one we'd move on alright though I still for some strange reason think he might come good yet .
    When mckirdy came on against hearts, and had that pathetic effort at a free header to win the game, i would have thought that any hibs fan, would have said
    “Please leave “.

Quote Originally Posted by HIBS NUTS View Post
    When mckirdy came on against hearts, and had that pathetic effort at a free header to win the game, i would have thought that any hibs fan, would have said
    “Please leave “.
    Where is the line drawn? Keep on giving him chances for zero return in the hope he might come good? Can we really afford to do that while Aberdeen and Hearts strengthen? Sure somebody said that big Myko had scored 5 goals and had a couple of assists in 15 appearances. That's more the kind of return that makes you think it's worth persevering with.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Where is the line drawn? Keep on giving him chances for zero return in the hope he might come good? Can we really afford to do that while Aberdeen and Hearts strengthen? Sure somebody said that big Myko had scored 5 goals and had a couple of assists in 15 appearances. That's more the kind of return that makes you think it's worth persevering with.
    Agree 100 percent, he’s had more than enough chances, i’ve seen absolutely nothing, that would say he might come good.
    I actually don’t know what he’s actually good at, he’s weak, he’s not particularly fast, he can’t header, he doesn’t hold the ball up, he’s not scored a goal, or had an assist, and apparently he might come good, REALLY.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HIBS NUTS View Post
    “Please leave “.
    Or his chance of glory at the death when he hit Row Z shudda really played it out wide for a cross in

Like everyone on here I want him to succeed but patience wearing thin

Maybe a barrow load preseason might help

C’mon Harry hit the gym

reigning hibs.net poker champion Wembley67's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Happyhibs62
    Poor choice of name.
    "You opened the box....and your soul belongs to me...."

What would you suggest we do with him with your " draw the line remark " if nobody puts a offer in for him . Would you pay him off at great expense to the club?.

I think if he doesn't go we can afford to give him a chance next season even if Hertz and Aberdeen strengthen simply because I don't think he will be starting for us anyhow . Both Boyle and Youan will be starting along with a new striker I'd imagine and it will be for him to try and win the a starting place in the side .

If the club do keep him and give him another chance next season hopefully the fans will do rather than booing him when he comes on which at the end of the day helps absolutely no one .

What would you suggest we do with him with your " draw the line remark " if nobody puts a offer in for him . Would you pay him off at great expense to the club?.

I think if he doesn't go we can afford to give him a chance next season even if Hertz and Aberdeen strengthen simply because I don't think he will be starting for us anyhow . Both Boyle and Youan will be starting along with a new striker I'd imagine and it will be for him to try and win the a starting place in the side .

If the club do keep him and give him another chance next season hopefully the fans will do rather than booing him when he comes on which at the end of the day helps absolutely no one .
    Id loan him out and hope a club were willing to pay a percentage of his wages with a view to selling him or a mutual termination. He's currently holding our younger players back in my opinion. I don't think Laidlaw would have contributed any less for example.
    Last edited by Since452; 12-06-2023 at 04:58 PM.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Wembley67 View Post
    Poor choice of name.
    How so? It’s just a daft play on an old song title
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Id loan him out and hope a club were willing to pay a percentage of his wages with a view to selling him or a mutual termination. He's currently holding our younger players back in my opinion. I don't think Laidlaw would have contributed any less for example.
    We had a loan deal accepted for Henderson who's a player I think we definitely want move on though player rejected it. A offer in for JDH and again player rejected it . Not always easy to move certain players on even if you do get someone that wants them .

A mutual termination after we paid a fee for the player would be bad business and would probably mean paying the player near his full wages when he's still got another 2 years on his contract left to run which would be costly .

I don't agree Mckirdy's holding any of our young players back tbh , if they are good enough then the manager would pick them wither we have Mckirdy or not. I don't know if Laidlaw would have contributed more or less though looks to me like the management at Hibs didn't think he was ready . Seems to me he's another player like Mckirdy that's attitude not been great as well.

@hibs.net private member

is it anymore of a great expense than we're on the hook for already? we'll be due the contract amount and he'll pick that up seeing it out with us anyway at least releasing him we could possibly pay him a smaller amount to go

I want him to succeed but like others have said he's shown nothing and I have no confidence he has it in him to spend his summer grafting to get up to speed

Quote Originally Posted by Dmas View Post
    is it anymore of a great expense than we're on the hook for already? we'll be due the contract amount and he'll pick that up seeing it out with us anyway at least releasing him we could possibly pay him a smaller amount to go

I want him to succeed but like others have said he's shown nothing and I have no confidence he has it in him to spend his summer grafting to get up to speed
    I don't know what he's on though let's just say 2 grand a week which would work out about over £200,000 to pay him off which might effect our transfer budget. Why would he want to take less though?

I have my doubts about him too though if we doesn't move and stays I hope next season he's not getting booed when coming on as its ridiculous to boo our own players even if they aren't playing well or we think they aren't good . He will I'm sure be a substitute next season anyhow.
    Last edited by Donegal Hibby; 12-06-2023 at 11:18 PM.