hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Djokovic

Djokovic

Not his biggest fan personally but love him or hate him he is now the most successful tennis player in history with a record 23 grand slam titles and a record 3 career grand slams. The numbers are outrageous for this guy

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    I can't decide if he's a genius or a drugs cheat. Some of the stuff he pulls off is utterly superhuman.

I hope it's the former, even though I really dislike the guy.
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

I'm probably a bit biased as my wife is half Bosnian, but even though it's a fantastic achievement I dont like him or have any respect for him. I just wish Nadal hadn't been so injury prone. That's purely my opinion though.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can't decide if he's a genius or a drugs cheat. Some of the stuff he pulls off is utterly superhuman.

I keep hearing this chat towards ND , Not picking on your post but if he was seriously drug using don't you think the authorities would know ?

For me ( and the stats back it up ) He is the greatest tennis player of all time , Not the most popular in many peoples eyes , Nadal Federer were/are very well liked but they are behind ND

The GOAT

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Total gimp of a man.

I want him to lose every time he plays, which obviously means I'm disappointed 95% of the time cause he a winning machine.

Unbelievable achievement though, still convinced he has been a drug cheat at some point in his career.

First Team Breakthrough
    He's the last man still standing out of Andy , Roger & Rafa . You have to admire his talent and ability , personally I can't stand him , I dislike his on court antics

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    Total gimp of a man.

I want him to lose every time he plays, which obviously means I'm disappointed 95% of the time cause he a winning machine.

Unbelievable achievement though, still convinced he has been a drug cheat at some point in his career.

yep, I’m with you. Convinced he’s a drugs cheat, and i don’t think it’s a coincidence that his performances appeared to drop around the time sharapova got caught in a drugs scandal.

I also think he’s a cheat on court, always finds an injury when his opponent is having some momentum, drags out the maximum break he can before asking for the doctor, and needing a toilet break.

and that’s before his covid carry on. He’s a prick.

@hibs.net private member McSwanky's Avatar

My take is that he's probably both.

Sent from my YAL-L21 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    That was amazing. 🇨🇦
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by McSwanky View Post
    My take is that he's probably both.

Sent from my YAL-L21 using Tapatalk
    Aye, actually agree.

Think he's definitely been a drug cheat at some point. But no kind of drug lets you pull off some of the shots he's able to make. Ridiculous at times. His serve gets nowhere near the credit it deserves either.

Trust Murray to have played in the Federer, Nadal and Djokovic era. Scottish luck down to a tee

Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    I keep hearing this chat towards ND , Not picking on your post but if he was seriously drug using don't you think the authorities would know ?

For me ( and the stats back it up ) He is the greatest tennis player of all time , Not the most popular in many peoples eyes , Nadal Federer were/are very well liked but they are behind ND

The GOAT
    In a word, no. Armstrong was only caught after his career was effectively over and even then only because Floyd Landis made a dick of himself and started the chain reaction that brought LA down. Pro cycling being an individual sport built around teams meant that Armstrong had to have his team on drugs as well as himself to get the benefits of cheating. If Djokovic is using drugs he's only got himself to worry about.

'Mon Medvedevedvev!!

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    'Mon Medvedevedvev!!
    Both total throbbers. Can only see a Djokovic win here though

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Cycling is a non-sport for me because despite the Armstrong scandal (clue was in is autobiography - “It’s Not about the Bike” - helllo!!! Tainted beyond belief and yet still folks are cheating post his shenanigans.

On to tennis. It could go the same way if Novak is found to have gained unfair advantage.

bleep the cheats
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member
    Sabalenka Belarus
    Nedvedev Russia

There countries are not published beside their names on scoreboard. If they are good enough to be playing surely they can stick the country beside the name.

@hibs.net private member
    Is there any substance to the rumours he’s been cheating? I know Armstrong got away with it for a long time but I just can’t see how Djokovic would be able to with all the scrutiny at high level sport now.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Sauzee View Post
    Is there any substance to the rumours he’s been cheating? I know Armstrong got away with it for a long time but I just can’t see how Djokovic would be able to with all the scrutiny at high level sport now.
    Agree with you, he can't possibly be taking anything without being caught for this long. Was anyone saying the same when Federer was almost unbeatable?

Djokovic is a phenomenal athlete and a supreme tennis player. If he is a cheat then the whole of tennis must be complicit in keeping it quiet.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Viva_Palmeiras View Post
    Cycling is a non-sport for me because despite the Armstrong scandal (clue was in is autobiography - “It’s Not about the Bike” - helllo!!! Tainted beyond belief and yet still folks are cheating post his shenanigans.

On to tennis. It could go the same way if Novak is found to have gained unfair advantage. bleep the cheats
    I think tennis is notoriously one of the least tested sports . An admittedly old article
    https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/1396822-roger-federers-comments-on-drug-testing-in-tennis-are-spot-on.amp.html
    Last edited by JimBHibees; 11-09-2023 at 12:27 PM.

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    Agree with you, he can't possibly be taking anything without being caught for this long. Was anyone saying the same when Federer was almost unbeatable?

Djokovic is a phenomenal athlete and a supreme tennis player. If he is a cheat then the whole of tennis must be complicit in keeping it quiet.
    Sure I'm not just making it up and that I've read reports that with some PEDs it's not the case that you need to keep taking them, there is a certain amount of muscle memory that means even if you've taken them years ago you can still gain an advantage

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Sauzee View Post

With doping, the authorities are always years behind the perpetrators in detecting and catching them. There’s been athletes and sports people stripped of titles years after the event, Armstrong is just one

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    I think tennis is notoriously one of the least tested sports . An admittedly old article
    https://syndication.bleacherreport.c...ot-on.amp.html
    I seem to remember Andy Murray speaking out about insufficient drug-testing too, a few years back. As I remember, there were some big names objecting to what he said.

Quote Originally Posted by s.a.m View Post
    I seem to remember Andy Murray speaking out about insufficient drug-testing too, a few years back. As I remember, there were some big names objecting to what he said.
    Andy Murray admits doping suspicions over some opponents - 'They don't seem to be getting tired' - ESPN

Not hard to guess which opponent Murray was hinting at.

Problem with Djokovic is that he appears to be more like some kind of tennis cyborg or android, a relentless automaton rather than a drugs cheat. You feel that only by resetting his circuitry to factory settings would we be rid of him.
    Last edited by He's here!; 12-09-2023 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by He's here! View Post
    https://www.espn.co.uk/tennis/story/_/id/15221425/andy-murray-admits-doping-suspicions-some-opponents-seem-getting-tired

Problem with Djokovic is that he appears to be more like some kind of tennis cyborg or android, a relentless automaton rather than a drugs cheat. You feel that only by resetting his circuitry to factory settings would we be rid of him.
    Yet Federer was all good when he swept everything before him and cruised past Sampras 14 GS wins - a record that people thought would stand for decades.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    Yet Federer was all good when he swept everything before him and cruised past Sampras 14 GS wins - a record that people thought would stand for decades.
    I said in an earlier post that I didn't want to believe he is any kind of cheat - I'm not a fan, but I certainly admire the consistency of quality this guy produces.

That being said, unlike Federer, you can't ignore the situations Novak (and his team) put themselves into that allow accusations to be levelled at them - the Australian Open last year, inhaling his 'magic potion' at Wimbledon the year prior, his drop-off in form when testing took a major uptick after Sharapova was caught (and he was one of her most vocal defenders).

It might all be nothing, or speculation etc, but he (and his team) leave themselves open to these suggestions with how they conduct themselves at times.
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

https://www.espn.co.uk/tennis/story/_/id/15221425/andy-murray-admits-doping-suspicions-some-opponents-seem-getting-tired

Why do you want to be rid of him? He's brilliant.

I said in an earlier post that I didn't want to believe he is any kind of cheat - I'm not a fan, but I certainly admire the consistency of quality this guy produces.

That being said, unlike Federer, you can't ignore the situations Novak (and his team) put themselves into that allow accusations to be levelled at them - the Australian Open last year, inhaling his 'magic potion' at Wimbledon the year prior, his drop-off in form when testing took a major uptick after Sharapova was caught (and he was one of her most vocal defenders).

It might all be nothing, or speculation etc, but he (and his team) leave themselves open to these suggestions with how they conduct themselves at times.

All solid points, would also add the overnight change from a guy who struggled to finish 5 sets and had no stamina to suddenly hardly breaking sweat, all attributed to simply switching to a gluten free diet

Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    Why do you want to be rid of him? He's brilliant.
    I prefer to be entertained when it comes to watching tennis. Until recently we've had that in spades with the swashbuckling Nadal, the peerless style of Federer and the endlessly inventive Andy Murray. Djokovic on the other hand has single-handedly sucked the life out of the men's game. A relentless automaton, bordering on inhuman, he simply grinds opponents down (while throwing in regular 'injuries' or lengthy and disruptive toilet breaks should things be going against him). It's boring to watch.

Add to that his crackpot and dangerous theories about purifying contaminated water by the power of thought, his arrogant hosting of a super-spreader event at the height of Covid and his swanning around Europe while knowingly Covid positive and there really isn't much to admire.

Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    All solid points, would also add the overnight change from a guy who struggled to finish 5 sets and had no stamina to suddenly hardly breaking sweat, all attributed to simply switching to a gluten free diet
    He struggled to finish three sets, let alone five. Nowadays he'd still be going strong after 10 sets. There's something unnatural about it.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Simona Halep been banned for 4 years for doping....https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/66789732

I prefer to be entertained when it comes to watching tennis. Until recently we've had that in spades with the swashbuckling Nadal, the peerless style of Federer and the endlessly inventive Andy Murray. Djokovic on the other hand has single-handedly sucked the life out of the men's game. A relentless automaton, bordering on inhuman, he simply grinds opponents down (while throwing in regular 'injuries' or lengthy and disruptive toilet breaks should things be going against him). It's boring to watch.

Add to that his crackpot and dangerous theories about purifying contaminated water by the power of thought, his arrogant hosting of a super-spreader event at the height of Covid and his swanning around Europe while knowingly Covid positive and there really isn't much to admire.
    Sucked the life out of it?

I presume you didn't see the 2nd set of the final which was probably the best set of tennis I've ever seen.

It's a tough call but I'd rather watch Djokovic bounce the ball 15 times than Nadal wiping sweat of every part of his body after picking his shorts out of his arse crack.

Murray often chucks in the towel when it's not his day - not something you ever see Djokovic do. He's not a robot, he just has more desire than anyone else.