hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Sauz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When did Brown bad mouth the club? And when did Brown play the mummy card? At least Brown stayed to the end of the season and won a league cup winners medal with us. Thomson on the other hand could not wait to jump ship .

Brown was disruptive, gave that stupid interview after the Dunfermline draw and stayed because he was given no choice.

Thomson acted a tool, but came back, worked hard, and was a good player for us in his 2nd spell. Too good for Butcher. He then came back again and contributed to the SC win.

Went off Brown about the 6th time he tried to put a Hibs player in hospital while playing against us.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    Used to sit behind us at Easter Rd. Nice guy.
    Probably had to keep his emotions under control when Sevco came to ER though

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Brown was disruptive, gave that stupid interview after the Dunfermline draw and stayed because he was given no choice.

Thomson acted a tool, but came back, worked hard, and was a good player for us in his 2nd spell. Too good for Butcher. He then came back again and contributed to the SC win.

Went off Brown about the 6th time he tried to put a Hibs player in hospital while playing against us.
    Brown was asked to stay by JC & RP to the end of the season, then he would be free to leave. Have you a link to that interview?

Brown was asked to stay by JC & RP to the end of the season, then he would be free to leave. Have you a link to that interview?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMeYPir9ZhA

Stupid interview, after going to the chairman about the manager a week before a national semi final, which we should've won comfortably. I expect a bit better really.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMeYPir9ZhA

Stupid interview, after going to the chairman about the manager a week before a national semi final, which we should've won comfortably. I expect a bit better really.
    He never said he went to the chairman, all he said when asked who did go, he said he did not know.

It's not great for sure but he was only 21 at the time with plenty going on.

He never said he went to the chairman, all he said when asked who did go, he said he did not know.
    But he did go to the chairman, we all know he did.

@hibs.net private member
    Scott Brown handed a transfer request right after a game. He's loved more by a big section of our fanbase because he joined Celtic instead of Rangers. Even thought he stayed and was part of the 2007 Cup winning team, if he had then joined Rangers, he'd be hated.

For some reason, joining Celtic is seen as better.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    Scott Brown handed a transfer request right after a game. He's loved more by a big section of our fanbase because he joined Celtic instead of Rangers. Even thought he stayed and was part of the 2007 Cup winning team, if he had then joined Rangers, he'd be hated.

For some reason, joining Celtic is seen as better.
    Correct.

Riordan vs Ian Murray also shows this.

I'd have far more respect for Scott brown than Kevin Thompson .I'd walk over broken glass to join springs to mind!

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar

In what way disruptive? Looked to me like he never stopped trying that season- even popping in a winning goal against his future employers. He neither slags off the manager or **** stir despite the questioning in that interview. What he or others felt at the time, didn't stop him trying to win games.

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

Correct.

Riordan vs Ian Murray also shows this.
    I'd agree with you on Riordan, he gets an easy ride for leaving the first time. Think it was even announced the day Hearts won the cup in 2006.

I'm not naive enough to think Celtic are seen as a bit more favourable in some cases - not Killen and Caldwell mind you.
    Thomson and Murray left without winning something though, which does skew things and puts Brown in a much better light as a leaver. This was also a time we were meant to be on the cup and capable of doing really well, and Thomson turned us into a soap opera for weeks on end.

Better example is Whittaker, which proves moving 5o Ibrox doesn't automatically guarantee you hatred.
    Last edited by Broken Gnome; 13-06-2023 at 04:28 PM.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    When we have someone who’s not been brought up a hibby, I don’t hold them to the same standards as someone who was.

Brown wasn’t. Katie was.

If I’d been lucky enough to be able to play for Hibs, I’d not have ruled out a move to Rangers or Celtc if it furthered my career. I would never in a million years have allowed my name to be put against a story like Thomson did. Whether he wrote it or not, he didn’t deny it was him at the time.

And now he’s a wee Hun fan boy sooking up to them at every opportunity. When you hear him doing the commentary for them against us it’s clear as day who he doesn’t support.

Kevin Thomson is an irrelevant hun as far as I’m concerned. No a hibby.

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    When we have someone who’s not been brought up a hibby, I don’t hold them to the same standards as someone who was.

Brown wasn’t. Katie was.

If I’d been lucky enough to be able to play for Hibs, I’d not have ruled out a move to Rangers or Celtc if it furthered my career. I would never in a million years have allowed my name to be put against a story like Thomson did. Whether he wrote it or not, he didn’t deny it was him at the time.

And now he’s a wee Hun fan boy sooking up to them at every opportunity. When you hear him doing the commentary for them against us it’s clear as day who he doesn’t support.

Kevin Thomson is an irrelevant hun as far as I’m concerned. No a hibby.
    Turned to the dark side no doubt about it.