hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

KT, Keith Jackson webcast

I seem to remember Kevin Thomson saying he was ghost written by Jackson and wasn't responsible for all he said on his behalf about Hibs, JC etc

There's a cosy wee interview online this week where KT is on with said KJ...and seems gie friendly with him. "Jacko" this, "Jacko" that.

They revisit, of course, JC gate - what else?

Thomson is like marmite - folk either like him or lost him a long time ago. There's no doubting his relationship with the journalist though...

Not sure what to make of it...
    Last edited by LewysGot2; 10-06-2023 at 11:43 AM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by LewysGot2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I seem to remember Kevin Thomson saying he was ghost written by Jackson and wasn't responsible for all he said on his behalf about Hibs, JC etc

There's a cosy wee interview online this week where KT is on with said KJ...and seems gie friendly with him. "Jacko" this, "Jacko" that.

Thomson is like marmite - folk either like him or list him a long time ago. There's no doubting his relationship with the journalist though...

I ready the article today. It seemed to me like it was an article I had read 4 or 5 times over the last decade or so.

So do they discuss the move and what Jackson said in the article at the time?

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    i've always been of the opinion that KT could easily have asked Jackson and his agent to tone it down a tad, he didn't, so they didn't, i couldn't give a damn if they were trying to put pressure on for the sake of KT iirc some of the stuff they were coming out with was despicable, even more so coming from/on behalf of the freakin captain of Hibernian. as for that runt of an agent of both Thomson and Brown, a vile PoS

It wasn't a solitary column. There were several over a significant period of time.

Ghost written or otherwise KT could have walked away at any time. Every single one that followed the first did so with his endorsement.

He was a young lad at the time but he could read, he knew what was being put out there and why.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    It’s in the past, happy to leave in past and have no interest whatsoever in listening to some chat between Thomson & Jackson.

I’ve long moved on.

If you listen to Thomson he loves himself and if you ever had the misfortune to hear him on rangers tv he loves the Huns as well. A good player but a bit of an arse. IMO

Absolute old news. His header off the line at Tynecastle healed all wounds

Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    Absolute old news. His header off the line at Tynecastle healed all wounds
    Plus he played for free in his 2nd spell.

I'm not that arsed about words said over 16 years ago.

Don't like Kevin Thompson at all . Think he's a Hun quite frankly.

KT is an absolute weapon.
    Crossed over to the dark side a long time ago.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Not interested in listening to two Huns chatting to each other tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by hibby rae View Post

Think it was actually his 3rd spell was it not?

Quote Originally Posted by Del Boy View Post
    If you listen to Thomson he loves himself and if you ever had the misfortune to hear him on rangers tv he loves the Huns as well. A good player but a bit of an arse. IMO

Correct on all counts!

Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    Think it was actually his 3rd spell was it not?
    Might have been. Either way!

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    The guy has turned native unfortunately and is undoubtedly a Hun and has sold his soul to the dark side

No self respecting Hibby would ever pander to that horrible despicable club

His cliche ridden Rangers appreciating co-commentary on Hun TV when Porto was unfairly sent off at Ibrox had me reaching for the sick bag

As others have said no interest in listening to two Huns having a chit chat

Was a good player at Hibs looked to have downed tools under Butcher and had a career blighted by injury
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 10-06-2023 at 03:34 AM.

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Keith Jackson…that bastert.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    At their peak at Hibs was Thomson better than McGeough? Or similar and both quality players?

Would Thomson have improved the 2018 midfield instead of McGeough? Would McGeough have improved the Mowbray midfield alongside Brown and Boozy, instead of Thomson?

Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    At their peak at Hibs was Thomson better than McGeough? Or similar and both quality players?

Would Thomson have improved the 2018 midfield instead of McGeough? Would McGeough have improved the Mowbray midfield alongside Brown and Boozy, instead of Thomson?
    Much of a muchness I'd have thought. Most things I'd see as an attribute for Thomson, McGeouch had in his game and vice versa.

Suppose Thomson had a bit more drive about him while McGeouch would be the more intricate type, which probably helped Thomson play at a higher level. Though McGeouch's semi final goal and Thomson v Celtic both showed they were capable of a good bit more than just being a good controlling midfielder.

Quote Originally Posted by hibby rae View Post

That was not the case according to our former Chairman. Hibs paid him an amount of money for the spell in question. Petrie said he didn’t play “for free”. He didn’t have a standard salary type contract but he was given money to recompense him for his services…

KT also thought he could just purchase a Scottish Cup medal for a final he didn’t play in…sometimes life sucks, I guess but that showed a wee bit of entitlement. Especially when he’d won plenty already…

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    That was not the case according to our former Chairman. Hibs paid him an amount of money for the spell in question. Petrie said he didn’t play “for free”. He didn’t have a standard salary type contract but he was given money to recompense him for his services…

KT also thought he could just purchase a Scottish Cup medal for a final he didn’t play in…sometimes life sucks, I guess but that showed a wee bit of entitlement. Especially when he’d won plenty already…
    You’d have thought everyone who played a part in the Scottish cup triumph would get a medal. Not sure how many rounds KT played in, but he certainly played at Tynie
    I just don’t get whe he gets so much stick on here. Got Hibs a handsome transfer fee, and played for us 3 times
    Surely no one can can question his commitment to Hibs
    I meant be in the minority, but that’s my view

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    You’d have thought everyone who played a part in the Scottish cup triumph would get a medal. Not sure how many rounds KT played in, but he certainly played at Tynie
    I just don’t get whe he gets so much stick on here. Got Hibs a handsome transfer fee, and played for us 3 times
    It’s just the rules of that competition. Fair or not, that’s the rules.

As I said at the beginning he’s marmite.

@hibs.net private member hibeerealist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    I am similar minded BW, you never know there just might be a lot of Hibs folk out there that agree with us!!

If Kevin Thomson had never had any connection with Hibs he would have been someone I couldn't stand, his behaviour whilst Club captain, and subsequent years of grovelling to his Huns mates have only reinforced my view of him.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post
    Don't like Kevin Thompson at all . Think he's a Hun quite frankly.
    Definitely, as is Jackshun. When a player joins the Old Firm, it usually doesn't take long for them to forget old allegiances.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Thomson is like marmite - folk either like him or lost him a long time ago. There's no doubting his relationship with the journalist though...

Marmite doesn't quite work for me as I think he says some really interesting that can be positive about Hibs but after ingratiating himself back in with the Hibs fans he goes and does something to suggest he doesn't give a toss. I think he has love for both hibs and rangers which is something the we just can't fathom.

I watched that interview and KT doesn't come across badly but it's the DR fuds that are setting the tone.

He mentions Mikey Stewart in there and says he's someone that he gets along with and there's definitely similarities between the two.

His biggest mistake was not joining Celtic. Many seem to adore Brown who done everything Thomson done.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    His biggest mistake was not joining Celtic. Many seem to adore Brown who done everything Thomson done.
    When did Brown bad mouth the club? And when did Brown play the mummy card? At least Brown stayed to the end of the season and won a league cup winners medal with us. Thomson on the other hand could not wait to jump ship .
    Last edited by The_Sauz; 13-06-2023 at 02:27 PM.

Used to sit behind us at Easter Rd. Nice guy.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Rob Jones went out of his way to let Scott Brown lift the cup with him. Doesn't really scream 'disruptive wee fanny' to me.