hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Attachment 26866

Wondered why they had a flag with the Hearts crest on it when they played Ayr in the playoffs. Forgot about their love in. Delighted they didn't get promoted. Champagne on ice for another day.
    I recently watched a Scotland match were there was a hertz flag at too ! Though I don't think that represents the vast majority of Scotland fans at the game . You will always get a few numpties carrying flags to games though that doesn't mean everyone supports or agrees with whatevers on a flag .

As to the champagne on ice for another day , I'm sure there's a lot of good people who follow partick thistle and are genuinely worried about there football club with its future not looking good , we of all fans should know how this feels tbh . Anyone from Glasgow that has turned there back on the old firm and all its vile sectarianism to follow partick thistle has my respect and I hope they come out of whatever difficult situation there in .

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    They should really have been suspended from football for the crime of demolishing one of the great behind goal terraces and replacing it with an open empty space of nothingness.
    If there's one upside to PT not winning the playoff it's the premier league being spared yet another 3 sided ground, what a sight it would be if Partick Thistle, ICT, Falkirk and Hamilton were all in the league at the same time.

Scotland's stadiums need a massive cash injection along the lines of the kind of money spent on the Commonwealth games a few years back. The only way for that to happen is for us to get a major tournament ... the men's Euros are a no go, but what about the women's Euros. For that tournament there's only a few teams going to attract crowds in excess of 10,000 where the big stadiums will be required, but that would be a perfect excuse to chuck a few quid at smaller grounds like Firhill, Falkirk, ICT Dundee and Dundee United where the less attractive games could be played.

A total of 425 million quid of public money was spent delivering the Commonwealth games, less than a quarter of that would be massive for the quality of our stadiums.

Upgrade to the shed end at Tannadice
    A new main stand and renovation of the opposite stand at Dens Park.
    A 4th stand at Falkirk
    Renovation of the main stand and a new end stand at Firhill
    A total revamp of ICT's mess.

Sounds fanciful I know, but then they spent £14,000,000 turning Hampden into a temporary athletics stadium for about 3 days with absolutely no long term benefit to the stadium after it was all put back.

Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post
    I recently watched a Scotland match were there was a hertz flag at too ! Though I don't think that represents the vast majority of Scotland fans at the game . You will always get a few numpties carrying flags to games though that doesn't mean everyone supports or agrees with whatevers on a flag .

As to the champagne on ice for another day , I'm sure there's a lot of good people who follow partick thistle and are genuinely worried about there football club with its future not looking good , we of all fans should know how this feels tbh . Anyone from Glasgow that has turned there back on the old firm and all its vile sectarianism to follow partick thistle has my respect and I hope they come out of whatever difficult situation there in .

I had a neighbour in Mount Florida that's from a Celtc mad family but supports Thistle, for the exact reason you quoted.

@hibs.net private member
    Went through to Thistle v County with my brother and nephew, all Hibs season ticket holders. Was so nice to be at a Glasgow match without the OF baggage. All fans were warm and welcoming, surprised at the number of Celtc fans we chatted to along to support Thistle, nae huns were encountered.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar

Excellent post which I entirely agree with.

Good wee club. Decent fans and a good away trip.

Missed out the top league IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Good wee club. Decent fans and a good away trip.

Missed out the top league IMO.
    I was actually for them in the play-offs and going by watching the two games I still think they would have offered more to the Scottish premier league than Ross county TBH .

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    Most of their fans, going by the posts on their forum, thought that was embarrassing.

To me it's like the guys that turned up at a game between Hibs and St Mirren and displayed a flag with an Irish rebel leader on it... which some folk tried to explain with 'but he was a Hibs Supporter'.

You get strange people in every support.
    Totally different things altogether, you know that though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was actually for them in the play-offs and going by watching the two games I still think they would have offered more to the Scottish premier league than Ross county TBH .
    The more teams outside the central belt the better for me. I’m not so sure that a team on its financial backside is a good addition either.
    Last edited by marinello59; 10-06-2023 at 07:06 AM.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Ian MaCall can give them the proceeds from his amazing book he kept banging on about that was going to shed light on the whole Hearts and Partick relegation season. If he ever writers it that is.

He was on Sportsound every day slagging off every other club Chairman that didn't agree them.

As a club, they didn't give a stuff about any other side in the leagues. Screw them.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    The more teams outside the central belt the better for me. I’m not so sure that a team on its financial backside is a good addition either.
    Would prefer a trip to partick thistle over Ross county myself . Aye , partick's financial situation isn't good though if they had of won the play-offs that might of helped them . Over the two play-off games I thought partick were good to watch and tried to play football the right way , I can't say the same about watching Ross county this season as I think the way they try and play isn't nice to watch tbh .

Meh. Yet another football club in financial trouble through mismanagement.

They will survive. Another spell in league 1 if it comes to it will be their destination.

I can see why the Jags Foundation are unhappy - there's some rather misleading accounting going on in their accounts to 31 May 2022.

There was a donation of £1,716,300 showing in the P&L, but that was all used to refurbish the stadium so the comparable costs don't appear in the P&L. That means that instead of the reported £1.5m profit their operating loss was a bit over £200,000.

They've also revalued the stadium to £14,000,000 which is an uplift of the donation plus £7,783,700 - a total of £9.5m. That makes the balance sheet look rather healthier (£14.3m bottom line) than it has any right to be (IMO).

None of that is illegal but it does make the headline figures much better than the underlying circumstances.

Having said all that, I don't think Thistle look in any immediate danger.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MixerAlizz
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    Most of their fans, going by the posts on their forum, thought that was embarrassing.

To me it's like the guys that turned up at a game between Hibs and St Mirren and displayed a flag with an Irish rebel leader on it... which some folk tried to explain with 'but he was a Hibs Supporter'.

You get strange people in every support.
    You talking about the James Connelly SC flag? My local club south shields has a flag with him on he gets about

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    They jumped in to bed with hertz, stuff them.
    This but with a swear word.
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I don't really mind the whole Hearts thing. Looking at it objectively the covid season was harsh on the teams involved (not that I can think of an obvious alternative that wouldn't have pissed off someone else). Had it been Hibs I'd have expected us to kick up a fuss too and 99.9% of people on here would be the same, whether they admit it to themselves now or not. In such situations you take allies where you can find them.

They have always struck me as a decent fanbase and a decent club. I tip my hat to anyone in the west who chooses not to support Celtic or Rangers. I met a guy the other day, his dad and brother are Hamilton fans and he supports Celtic, I instantly lost a bit of respect for him as that is the definition of a glory hunter. It's not something you can level at Partick Thistle fans.

Many on here know what it means to almost lose your club and there aren't many fanbases I would wish that on. I hope they pull through.

We now live in a world where a sociopathic disregard for the wider picture and making up facts to suit whatever situation you find yourself in has become accepted and even expected. No thanks.

I’d like to think that we would not have behaved in such a manner.