hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Ryan91's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They are like the school bully who gets a smack from an older, harder kid. They will take it out on Hibs/Hearts/Aberdeen just to make themselves feel big again. Watch them make a derisory offer for Nisbet, Duk or Shankland now.
    Same thing when they get humped in Europe by the bigger teams, cry and complain about how unfair it all is, they have absolutely zero sense of irony.

If Celtic put in a stupid offer for Nisbet, Hibs ought to tell them where to shove it.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan91 View Post
    Same thing when they get humped in Europe by the bigger teams, cry and complain about how unfair it all is, they have absolutely zero sense of irony.

If Celtic put in a stupid offer for Nisbet, Hibs ought to tell them where to shove it.
    If we have a offer of £2.2 million accepted for Nisbet it won't matter what kind of stupid offer they make it wouldn't be accepted anyhow until they matched the current one .

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    They are like the school bully who gets a smack from an older, harder kid. They will take it out on Hibs/Hearts/Aberdeen just to make themselves feel big again. Watch them make a derisory offer for Nisbet, Duk or Shankland now.
    You know them too well

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    It's a bigger job with a higher ceiling and will be a massive upgrade on his salary. At 57 he now has the chance to test himself against some of the best at one of the biggest clubs in one of the biggest leagues in the world. Add to that when it comes to transfers he now has the ability to buy from Waitrose as opposed to buying the Lidl Deluxe, not quite the Fortnum & Mason of Man City but an upgrade.

Why wouldn't he go? I get it, no one likes to lose a successful player or manager but they don't think of the game in the same way fans do. It's their job and a career and ultimately that means looking after number one. I didn't like it when the golden generation left, I didn't like it when McLeish and Mowbray left but the realist in me knows they all got offered better wages and better prospects at a higher level. That's life.
    Sensible post.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I got talking to a drunk celtic fan on Sunday afternoon, in between all the hail hails and 67 this 67 that, someone mentioned Dundee Utd being relegated, and Ross County staying up.

I mentioned how Dundee Utd used to be called Dundee Hibernian, and to my surprise the smellie told me i was wrong, and they used to be called Dundee Celtic.

Even after showing him the eevidence thanks to google, he still wouldnt have it and continued to tell me how celtic had started them up out of the goodness of their hearts, spreading the goodwill nationwide.

I left him saying most of what you know about your club i could wright on the back of a stamp and wandered off to speak to someone more intelligant than a pencil.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Absolutely no chance its Lennon. Zero.
    Ken mate, just merely harking back to the last time they thought a big name was coming and they ended up with a sacked hibs manager

@hibs.net private member Victor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    If any of you want a real giggle, have a read of this pile of pish from Kevin McKenna (who is a world class walloper anyway) on "ange" leaving -

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport...word-big-ange/
    Words fail me. Does the Herald actually pay that walloper a salary?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I got talking to a drunk celtic fan on Sunday afternoon, in between all the hail hails and 67 this 67 that, someone mentioned Dundee Utd being relegated, and Ross County staying up.

I mentioned how Dundee Utd used to be called Dundee Hibernian, and to my surprise the smellie told me i was wrong, and they used to be called Dundee Celtic.

Even after showing him the eevidence thanks to google, he still wouldnt have it and continued to tell me how celtic had started them up out of the goodness of their hearts, spreading the goodwill nationwide.

I left him saying most of what you know about your club i could wright on the back of a stamp and wandered off to speak to someone more intelligant than a pencil.
    Were celtic not called Glasgow Hibernian as well when they started?

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Were celtic not called Glasgow Hibernian as well when they started?
    No, there was a breakaway from Celtic and a new club was formed called Glasgow Hibernian, they folded after a few years.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Spurs would have been better getting Brendan Rogers. Postecoglou would have been under pressure if he’d had another European failure with Celtc. His agent and him have played a blinder getting a lucrative contract at Spurs
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

If any of you want a real giggle, have a read of this pile of pish from Kevin McKenna (who is a world class walloper anyway) on "ange" leaving -

Does he think the famine was still going in 1888?

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Hibee View Post
    Spurs would have been better getting Brendan Rogers. Postecoglou would have been under pressure if he’d had another European failure with Celtc. His agent and him have played a blinder getting a lucrative contract at Spurs
    I don't think so, Celtic fans absolutely love him, and he'd probably have strolled another treble.

It’s funny watching them be outraged at the ‘disrespect’ they’re getting from Spurs fans / some of the English media when it’s exactly how they view the rest of us.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottB View Post
    It’s funny watching them be outraged at the ‘disrespect’ they’re getting from Spurs fans / some of the English media when it’s exactly how they view the rest of us.
    Celtic fans have been unbearable since Ange started winning. I've honestly hated them more than Sevco fans (songs aside) recently with their entitlement. Hope they get relegated next year.

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibby rae View Post
    Celtic fan in rewriting history shock.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by hibby rae View Post
    Spotted that too. A mere 36 years after the famine ended. Deluded doesn't even cover it...

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    I don't think so, Celtic fans absolutely love him, and he'd probably have strolled another treble.
    I agree. This is good for increasing the chances of a non-Old Firm trophy win next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Liberal Hibby View Post
    Spotted that too. A mere 36 years after the famine ended. Deluded doesn't even cover it...
    Add ignorance to his delusion
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    I'm still not convinced they deserve to have the I reinstated in celtc to be honest.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

I was speaking to a Celtc fan at work whose face was tripping him. "How could he go" etc etc. I reminded him that Brendan Rodgers was available but he still hasn't forgiven him. They are like a jealous spurned lover! I reminded him about all the Hibs players and managers that Celtc have hoovered up over the years but of course he couldn't see the irony. Rather like the twenty-something Jambo I was forced to listen to in a hospital waiting room moaning to his (bored-looking) mother about Man City and Celtc in relation to financial fair play ha ha ha
    Last edited by LithgaeHibby; 06-06-2023 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Liberal Hibby View Post
    Aye, totally away with it, not a clue about history, we were founded for the reasons he triumphs, they were a business enterprise from the start, Celtic have massive masonic connections from there origins onwards.

State of that article.🙄

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Callyballybe View Post
    State of that article.🙄
    Started badly, then when I reached the bit droning about "more than just a football club" it was time to close the article.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Started badly, then when I reached the bit droning about "more than just a football club" it was time to close the article.
    Think it is a bit of a pisstake

Wow lol. Take your place as a selling club Celtic.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    Dunno about likes it, but he's the one that makes the VAR decisions for The Rangers games.
    😆 (not sure if I’m allowed to laugh at this, but couldn’t stop myself)

Quote Originally Posted by Callyballybe View Post
    State of that article.🙄
    Excellent and amusing pisstake of Sellick supporters.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Think it is a bit of a pisstake
    Mc Kenna is deadly serious throughout, a without irony, cock stroking more than a football team **** fest. Our owners are the opposite of our club values, oh well it is we fans who keep the purity of our noble cause aflame......

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    Mc Kenna is deadly serious throughout, a without irony, cock stroking more than a football team **** fest. Our owners are the opposite of our club values, oh well it is we fans who keep the purity of our noble cause aflame......
    Don't think he is to be honest

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post

That's probably why their anthem , Hail Hail , has an opt of of " if you know your history" , because not all of them do.