hibs.net Messageboard

Sky spl coverage.

So the last 3 edinburgh derbies haven’t been covered, even the biggest derby in a long time yesterday at tynecastle.
    These games have not been shown, mainly because of meaningless old firm games, the title was over again, months ago.
    Why are sky now showing today, talk shows discussing the season in English premiership.
    When they could have easily dedicated one channel to show the SPL. final relegation games.
    I know most of you have access to fire sticks, but this is a disgrace, and our authorities in charge, think this is a great end to the season.
    😡

2. Log in to remove the advert

I don't subscribe to Sky Sports and only get BT Sport primarily for the Champions League.

I think the SPFL are at fault. The main contract with SKY should cover the games up to the split with a separate contract for the remainder of the season that means meaningful games can be allocated.Obviously the Killie/Ross game should be covered today.

They pander to rangers and Celtic as much as the sfa and spfl do.

only see parkhead or ibrox when they’re playing each other, otherwise it’s when they’re playing away, so that their attendances aren’t affected by people wanting to watch at home/in the pub.

Zero condemnation or criticism of the crap that spews out of the stands, 90+% of pundits are old firm affiliated. This weekend the only top half match that had anything riding on it was the Edinburgh derby, but no, better to watch a Celtic walkover. They could easily have put multiple matches on, or switched coverage at the end to show Celtic being given the trophy.

even Naismith (rat) was quoted a few days ago as the tv coverage being too old firm focussed.