I agree with much the OP said with the biggest exception of his view on Hanlon. I take the point about age but Hanlon has not missed a game since the league cup rounds and I think that was recovery from an Operation. Rocky has by far been our most injured centre half. That being said Will fish is away and the cover that Daz provided in an emergency(he was on the bench frequently till November this season) has gone too and CJ will probably be gone too if we decided on a three. I'd be wanting to bring in two centre Halves one right and one left. I'd want both to be able to compete to start but I suspect Hanlon will play. I'd be very happy if Will Fish was the right sided centre half.

I've watched Dan MacKay 4 or 5 times this season. I can't see him making it at the level we aspire to so would see him as a contract I would like to lose. It will be interesting to see him in the cup final. I watch Tait in a brief sub appearance for Arbroath and he looks to have something about him but hard to tell having seen so little of him and he now has had a couple of injuries which would concern me.

The DOF has a really difficult job as we have a good number of players on long contracts who are nowhere near good enough and they won't attract any transfer fees or be able to get the same wage elsewhere. The list of those that definitely need to go is a huge problem and needs to be actioned before you get replacements in. Doidge is an interesting one. I have never been a great fan but then I think about balls being fired in by Youan and Boyle and the fact we play much more directly and he may be worth a shot as a squad player, particularly if we are paying most of his wage. He would have been far more useful off the bench on Saturday than most that came on. I'd only be in favour of that if it was cheap though and he looks to be a bit sharper in the last few weeks so might be worth considering.