hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Club statement

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What are you expecting the club to do? They made a statement condemning what happened and quite rightly so.

They aren't going to give a running commentary on it.
    If Hearts are ignoring the matter, then I expect Hibs to call them out on it.

There's no point in the original statement if you're then going to back down when they ignore it.

When the Dundee Utd fan laid hands on an Aberdeen player earlier in the season, he was identified within hours and dealt with by both the club and authorities.

This idea it's all going on behind closed doors is nonsense IMHO. I don't believe for one minute Hearts have taken any action against the individuals involved, and I expect Hibs to respond should they continue to ignore the incident.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by PHeffernan View Post
    It's funny seeing everyone wanting this matter played out publicly.
    A belief that if they are not reading about it that it's somehow not being dealt with.
    It's a matter for the two clubs and the player and if the Police are dealing with it they won't want the clubs babbling in public about it until it is resolved.
    Almost a fortnight now and still nothing.

How difficult can it be to find those involved?

Considering there's countless clear pictures of them in circulation, and they're occupying ticketed seats that have their details attached on a database.

Any other club would have condemned the incident immediately and vocally said they would assist in any investigation and subsequent punishment.

This is Hearts though.

If the police were dealing with it, there would have been arrests made by now and we'd have heard about it.

I don't believe anything is happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Chorley Hibee View Post

Considering there's countless clear pictures of them in circulation, and they're occupying ticketed seats that have their details attached on a database.

Any other club would have condemned the incident immediately and vocally said they would assist in any investigation and subsequent punishment.

This is Hearts though.

If the police were dealing with it, there would have been arrests made by now and we'd have heard about it.

It's quite incredible that Hearts have said nothing
    and even more incredible that Hibs - or the authorities - have not called them out for it.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    and even more incredible that Hibs - or the authorities - have not called them out for it.
    Nothing increadible about it, this is Scotland in 2023.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post

Hibs made a public statement.

We dont know what has been said and done in the background so far, Hibs might have spoken to them privately.

Also, Hibs may know that the police are looking into this and are about to pick people up.

Based on our initial statement, I dont see this just disappearing - despite what the WW1 winners might hope for.

This is Hearts though.

The issue is why do you or I need to be told what's happening.
    Only the player and the club need to be kept informed of progress.
    The club can update us at a later date if and when they feel it is appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by PHeffernan View Post
    The issue is why do you or I need to be told what's happening.
    Only the player and the club need to be kept informed of progress.
    The club can update us at a later date if and when they feel it is appropriate.
    I don't think it's unreasonable to ask why there hasn't been an update on the matter, considering Hibs went public with their concerns in the first place.

If all this supposedly takes place behind closed doors, as many are suggesting, then there was absolutely no need for the public statement in the first place - as surely it could have been conducted in the manner you, and others, seem to think it is now being managed.

I genuinely hope you're correct on the matter, but I can't help but feel Hearts, and the police, aren't interested in dealing with it.

If I'm right, Hibs should be pursuing this vigorously and demanding answers.
    Last edited by Chorley Hibee; 12-06-2023 at 01:01 PM.

I don't think it's unreasonable to ask why there hasn't been an update on the matter, considering Hibs went public with their concerns in the first place.

If all this supposedly takes place behind closed doors, as many are suggesting, then there was absolutely no need for the public statement in the first place - as surely it could have been conducted in the manner you and others seem to think it is now being
    If I was being cynical I would say the matter is being kept under wraps until after The SFA disciplinary hearing regarding the after match fracas.
    The hearing for both clubs will take place on June 29th.
    Last edited by PHeffernan; 12-06-2023 at 01:05 PM.