hibs.net Messageboard

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: torto7062

Hibs Squad Injured Long term this season

Magennis
    Boyle
    Myko
    Bushiri

That's a decent four that surely would have helped push us to 3rd this year.

Fish and CJ Egan have been superb for us

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Torto7062 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Magennis
    Boyle
    Myko
    Bushiri

Nisbet
    McGeady
    Doyle Hayes

I don’t think anyone can even say how good Magennis is

He had a good 4 games or so at the start of last season where he scored goals.

Before and after that? Some good, some pretty average.

If given a run of 20 games or so where he was fully fit would people still hold him in such high regard?

Not meant to be a dig, just genuinely curious about his ability over a period of time

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    I don’t think anyone can even say how good Magennis is

He had a good 4 games or so at the start of last season where he scored goals.

Before and after that? Some good, some pretty average.

If given a run of 20 games or so where he was fully fit would people still hold him in such high regard?

Not meant to be a dig, just genuinely curious about his ability over a period of time
    Agree.

Vast majority of his appearances for Hibs have been poor. I’m not sure he can really be declared a good player when fit based on his Hibs performances. He’s had some good games, but he’s had far more poor ones.

Anyone know anything about Cadden? He knew the second it happened it was bad :(

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Torto7062 View Post
    Magennis
    Boyle
    Myko
    Bushiri

Magennis, long term just THIS SEASON?

Just Boyle and Nisbet all season and we're 3rd comfortably. Having to play Youan up front on his own at times early doors was horrific. And having to play Tavares at all. good lord.

McGeady was good when he came back too.

You take McGinn, Ambrose and Kamberi away from Lennon for big chucks of that season and we'd remember it quite differently. Same with Mowbray with Riordan, O'Connor and Murphy. Although he did miss Brown and Thomson for majority of that season.

Key players staying fit is essential for us, now though. I'd be moving on McGeady and Magennis certainly. Cannot be relied on. Boyle is worth the risk still. Myko would be brilliant on a permanent deal, but his injury record is also worrying.

I also think we did ourselves no favors. Had Will Fish here all year and he only played 6 months. Signed dross like Tavares, Bojang. Key signings like Marshall and Cabraja have been really poor.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm Spartacus View Post
    Anyone know anything about Cadden? He knew the second it happened it was bad :(
    Isn't it his achilles? Lucky to play again this year if its ruptured.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Just Boyle and Nisbet all season and we're 3rd comfortably. Having to play Youan up front on his own at times early doors was horrific. And having to play Tavares at all. good lord.

McGeady was good when he came back too.

You take McGinn, Ambrose and Kamberi away from Lennon for big chucks of that season and we'd remember it quite differently. Same with Mowbray with Riordan, O'Connor and Murphy. Although he did miss Brown and Thomson for majority of that season.

Key players staying fit is essential for us, now though. I'd be moving on McGeady and Magennis certainly. Cannot be relied on. Boyle is worth the risk still. Myko would be brilliant on a permanent deal, but his injury record is also worrying.

I also think we did ourselves no favors. Had Will Fish here all year and he only played 6 months. Signed dross like Tavares, Bojang. Key signings like Marshall and Cabraja have been really poor.
    Yep, agree with most of that. I actually thought Marshall was alright earlier in the season but recently he's been really poor. It's a balancing act for Hibs in my opinion, how much money will they get for the likes of Nisbet, and on top of that how much more money will the owners/club put in to strengthen up the team? I'm not convinced we'll get all that much for most of the ones we need to let go, and we've given 3 year contracts to players like Henderson ffs.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    Magennis, long term just THIS SEASON?
    Yep, poor from Hibs that our only attempt to fix the midfield in the summer was Kenneh. Who we subsequently loaned out at the next window. Bizarre how long midfield has been a blind spot for the club.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    It’s all ifs, buts, and coconuts really.

Hearts have also had their fair share of injury problems with Boyce, Haring, Gordon, Baningme, and a few others.

Way too simple to say that it’s down to injuries, it’s down to a real lack of any depth in our squad to absorb injuries or suspensions.

We have finished where we deserved.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    It’s all ifs, buts, and coconuts really.

Hearts have also had their fair share of injury problems with Boyce, Haring, Gordon, Baningme, and a few others.

Way too simple to say that it’s down to injuries, it’s down to a real lack of any depth in our squad to absorb injuries or suspensions.

We have finished where we deserved.
    I'd also say we've finished in line with the amount of money that we spend on the squad compared to other clubs.