hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Delferriere

@hibs.net private member

Delferriere

Thought he looked decent when he came onto, given the circumstances. One I’d like to see involved more going forward. Quite a strong player for his height (doesn’t look the tallest but pretty built).

Hope thats not the last time we see him.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    I’ve heard he’s away back to Belgium in summer, I think he looks quite handy myself maybe could have saved us bringing in jeggo possibly not the right time to be experimenting at that stage tho but I’ve liked what I’ve seen from him

File under 'aimless punt and move on'.

Sadly been loads of them.

In what way was he decent. You don’t half read some rubbish on here

@hibs.net private member
    In what way do you think he “looked decent?”

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Just my opinion but I thought he was pretty pish.

What position did he play and what positive contribution did he make?

He’s one we need to move on if we can.

Thought he looked like he had never seen a football before. Another one that ducks for the ball when going up for a header.

Thought he looked good when he first came on then drifted out the game when we started punting the ball. He had a few good positive passes and looked like he wanted to try get forward. Has done well for development team and would like to see him get a chance.

@hibs.net private member
    Young boy gets 20 mins in a derby at tynecastle.

He’s pish.

We don’t give youngsters a chance.

Hibs.net brutality.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs4185 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

He’s pish.

Hibs.net brutality.
    Exactly, don't really see what he done wrong. Wasn't his fault the attacking players created absolutely nothing in the last 25 minutes.

Sorry, but Delferriere and his ilk need moved on ASAP.

We're laden with sub-standard players all supposedly in need of a chance.

What we actually need is players who will make a difference, that's why we're 5th and not 3rd tonight.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by S4uzee View Post
    In what way was he decent. You don’t half read some rubbish on here
    He was far more mobile than jeggo was showed for the ball more than jeggo managed and at least found his man with a few passes which is more than Campbell managed so aye u till the balls started sailing over his head he looked alright, nobody is saying he’s a world beater just merely discussing a player that’s not had a chance, you’d think it was a crime to discuss hibs players in a positive manner on here your needing to give your head a wobble check out your dictionary for the meaning of supporter

He’s pish.

Hibs.net brutality.
    Yep, the same ones that will be crying about O’Connor, Laidlaw etc not being given a chance at the age of 17/18 etc

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    We spent most of the time he was on the pitch bypassing the midfield and shelling balls into the box.

@hibs.net private member

He’s pish.

Hibs.net brutality.
    🤣🤣🤣 yep

He had one great moment of play when he pushed the hearts player off the play then played a lovely ball though to Nisbet.

Game then passed him by as we looked tired and out of ideas so went for the long ball route.

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    I have no idea what position he was supposed to take up. Thought he would have went right back to get Campbell in behind the striker, but looked like we was in a midfield that the ball mostly went over the head of.

Hard to judge him on that.

Our game plan by the time he came on was basically give it to Newell at the half way line and let him shell it into the box to be headed clear.

At 21 he probably has to be looking to break into the team properly next season though.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

He needs first team football. Sticks out like a sore thumb at development level. Only problem is he seems to turn it on when he wants. If he feels like taking a game by the scruff of the neck he's more than capable. Different story at first team level mind you. One of johnsons biggest failings not blooding these players in this season imo.

Miles off it.

Not really his fault but kind of sums the squad up. Poor.

Testimonial Due Stokesy's on fire's Avatar
    Big game to be thrown into but for me he made zero impact we were pretty much a man down when he came on...sorry if that's harsh but that's the reality.

@hibs.net private member cameronw-hfc's Avatar
    Absolutely mental this place is.

'Let's give the kids a chance'

After one sub appearance vs Hearts

'He's crap'

No wonder the kids don't get a chance. They'd have 0 confidence if they don't score a hattrick within 10 mins of coming on.

Wonder if some so called fans have ever heard of SUPPORTING players, we seem to be bloody good at abusing them.

FYI, I didn't think he was great, but I didn't expect him to be given its his first proper gametime for us in the league and it was a scrappy derby, but f*** me, give it a rest some people.

Quote Originally Posted by cameronw-hfc View Post
    Absolutely mental this place is.

'Let's give the kids a chance'

After one sub appearance vs Hearts

'He's crap'

No wonder the kids don't get a chance. They'd have 0 confidence if they don't score a hattrick within 10 mins of coming on.

Wonder if some so called fans have ever heard of SUPPORTING players, we seem to be bloody good at abusing them.

FYI, I didn't think he was great, but I didn't expect him to be given its his first proper gametime for us in the league and it was a scrappy derby, but f*** me, give it a rest some people.
    The most mental thing is having to bring him on in a game of that magnitude. Was miles off it. Not his fault. But you saw the difference between paying against Newcastle 23s and an actual real game.

Hardly touched the ball

Take it no1 can remember Will Fish's game in the Derby and look how he has bounced back. Delf came on and had 78% passing accuracy which was higher than any Hearts player and 5th out of all 17 hibs players that played yesterday. Others ahead were Newell, Hanlon, Fish, Stevenson. Hanlon and Fish who tend to play the ball to each other or into Joe Newell. For a young inexperienced player he done decent given the circumstances and style of play yesterday for his debut. 10 minutes when he was on he watched the ball sail over his head.

Unfortunately for him he was a signed player which brings more expectation from fans. The pressure put on these players from the club when they signed was huge. Melkerson, Jair, Delf, Bojang etc set up massive expectations the way they were announced and blabbing on about fees etc. Delf done well at Edin City and had them flying until Hibs and City fell out. 22 minutes Derby debut and deemed not good enough by fans. I just don't get our fans sometimes.
    Last edited by GreenArmy1875; 28-05-2023 at 06:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibees1973 View Post
    File under 'aimless punt and move on'.

Sadly been loads of them.
    Aimless? He'd played 5 games for Standard Liege before joining us, for a kid thats some going.

First Team Breakthrough churchie16's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cod Boy View Post
    Hardly touched the ball
    Same as what Campbell and Jeggo get away with week in week out too
    Many boys getting played on reputation, young lads don’t get a chance from what I’ve seen of tait he’s better than the 2 mentioned above.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenArmy1875 View Post
    Take it no1 can remember Will Fish's game in the Derby and look how he has bounced back. Delf came on and had 78% passing accuracy which was higher than any Hearts player and 5th out of all 17 hibs players that played yesterday. Others ahead were Newell, Hanlon, Fish, Stevenson. Hanlon and Fish who tend to play the ball to each other or into Joe Newell. For a young inexperienced player he done decent given the circumstances and style of play yesterday for his debut. 10 minutes when he was on he watched the ball sail over his head.

Unfortunately for him he was a signed player which brings more expectation from fans. The pressure put on these players from the club when they signed was huge. Melkerson, Jair, Delf, Bojang etc set up massive expectations the way they were announced and blabbing on about fees etc. Delf done well at Edin City and had them flying until Hibs and City fell out. 22 minutes Derby debut and deemed not good enough by fans. I just don't get our fans sometimes.
    I'm surprised his passing accuracy wasn't higher, given that it looked to me like he made the simple pass everytime he got the ball. Zero risk.

It's maybe harsh to say he played "badly" as he didn't do anything "badly"....but that's kind of the point - he didn't DO anything.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenArmy1875 View Post

He wasn’t a success at FC EDINBURGH , i’ve trotted this out many times, the 3 on loan players from hibs, were sent back/recalled the other 2 have gone to QOTS and america, for good.
    Allan has stayed because of his contract, and is probably leaving to go back home this summer.
    Wether he’s good or bad, he was continually booked and taken off, for FC EDinburgh.