hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dortmund

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    To say Bayern have Dortmunds number would be an epic understatement. Cant believe Dortmund blew that today.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To say Bayern have Dortmunds number would be an epic understatement. Cant believe Dortmund blew that today.
    As bad as today was, Bayern should be strolling it. Only dreadful management has given Dortmund a chance, hence 2 directors being binned immediately today.

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    71 points is a poor total for Bayern, even taking into account it’s a 34 game season

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Hibernia View Post
    71 points is a poor total for Bayern, even taking into account it’s a 34 game season
    Yes, it was a golden opportunity squandered by Dortmund.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Amazing to see Union Berlin make the Champions League though!

Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    Spursed it 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    Bayern respond to their last gasp league title win by immediately sacking their CEO and Sporting Director.
    The financial gulf between Dortmund and Bayern is nowhere near as huge as the mentality gulf.

Dortmund are run poorly. There shouldn’t be such a gulf between clubs, but there is. Dortmund given their size shouldn’t be doing a lap of honour for bottling the league. Bayern on the other hand sack 2 club legends immediately after lifting the trophy because the league win wasn’t convincingly enough. I don’t doubt the debacle of sacking Nagelsman due to club fears of not winning the treble, when post that decision, Bayern were 5 minutes away from winning nothing played a part.

Some clubs have a soft as **** mentality, like Dortmund. Others have a must win at all costs mentality, like Bayern.
    After yesterday, I sadly know who we’re more alike…

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    I read that Kingsley Coman has won a title in every season he has played. 12 titles at the age of 26. 8 at Bayern, 2 at Juventus & 2 at PSG. He’s never played in a season where he hasn’t won the league!

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Dortmund Jambottled it. Albertz Kidd with two goals for Mainz?
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BegbieHSC View Post
    The financial gulf between Dortmund and Bayern is nowhere near as huge as the mentality gulf.

Dortmund are run poorly. There shouldn’t be such a gulf between clubs, but there is. Dortmund given their size shouldn’t be doing a lap of honour for bottling the league. Bayern on the other hand sack 2 club legends immediately after lifting the trophy because the league win wasn’t convincingly enough. I don’t doubt the debacle of sacking Nagelsman due to club fears of not winning the treble, when post that decision, Bayern were 5 minutes away from winning nothing played a part.

Some clubs have a soft as **** mentality, like Dortmund. Others have a must win at all costs mentality, like Bayern.
    hearts are the ones who’ve done a dortmund on the final day of the season. Twice.

Quote Originally Posted by BegbieHSC View Post

Bayern absolutely got out of jail.

Obviously they deserve respect for getting it over the line but given how ropey they've been over the past few months and the financial advantage they have over other clubs, it's hardly the resolute winning mentality I think anyone would want to aspire to.

I was flicking between the two games after I saw what was happening at half time. Bayern were nervy and didn't add the second goal that would have made it comfortable for them. They weren't exactly dominant but they'd made the odd chance, then they lost the sort of goal it's quite easy to lose when you're defending a one goal lead late on in a big game.

They then (as they had to) threw everything they had at Koln and scored a good goal.

So credit to them and I don't think anyone ever wins a title that doesn't deserve it. They'll surely improve their squad and the league probably won't be as close as that for a few years again, but I saw a team that scraped over the line rather than anything astonishingly admirable.

And none of it matters if Dortmund do their bit.
    Last edited by Smartie; 28-05-2023 at 11:03 PM.

Never good see a team dominate for 11 years. Dortmund only self to blame here. Win at home last game an opportunity missed.