hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Reasons to be cheerful?

-as others have said, we have improved on last season. Not really something to take too much pride in given how bad we were a year ago but it’s a start and an improvement nonetheless
    -barring one of the all time great cup final shocks we will be flying the green flag in Europe again.
    -Boyle coming back from injury will be like a fantastic new signing.
    -our support, and a special shout out to the away support, has been generally excellent.
    -we’ve just beaten an old firm team in the league for the first time in what seems a lifetime (forget the disclaimers about them already winning the league and red cards- we beat them, it’s in the history books)
    -we beat hearts recently and we’re now 2 unbeaten in the derby, not much to crow about admittedly but given our desperate derby run since 2019 it’s something
    -hearts contrived to throw away third place (and very nearly 4th) in a season when they had third wrapped up at Christmas.

I would have added that we have a very promising youth team to the list but the Laidlaw news has put a dampener on that.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I'm disappointed the season's over. Feels to me like we've been better than Hearts and Aberdeen recently and could've overtaken them but ran out of time. Hearts were 11 points ahead of us a few months ago and we closed it to 2 and Aberdeen were 9 ahead of us at the split and ended up 5 ahead after them being extremely lucky to draw with us at Pittodrie.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    An instantly forgettable season that’s likely to be repeated next season if we don’t recruit very well. Glad it’s over.

We have had much better we have had much worse.

Pretty average kind of season.

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We have had much better we have had much worse.

Pretty average kind of season.
    I’ve just had a check, we’ve finished higher than 5th only six times since I was born and I’m about to turn 41.

Hibs simply must start raising standards and expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Yeah but I bet some years you looked forward to the new season!!

I can't relate to LJ or the squad and our board just don't get it. There's nothing about us to get excited about.
    Did you not enjoy recent home wins vs Hearts and Celtic? Or would Lennon have won by more?

Yeah but I bet some years you looked forward to the new season!!

I can't relate to LJ or the squad and our board just don't get it. There's nothing about us to get excited about.
    FFS what are you on about? If you can't "relate" to LJ or the squad maybe that's down to you, not the board or anyone else.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Did you not enjoy recent home wins vs Hearts and Celtic? Or would Lennon have won by more?
    Yeah, of course, they were decent results.

Why you still going on about Lennon? I've no idea how he would get on as Hibs manager these days. Maybe time for you to put that one to bed? You mention iLennon almost every time you quote one of my posts, no matter what the subject is. Let it go.

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    FFS what are you on about? If you can't "relate" to LJ or the squad maybe that's down to you, not the board or anyone else.
    FFS what are you on about?

Nobody is slagging your mum here, we're only talking about LJ.

Why you getting so defensive? You're going to read an awful lot of posts criticising him over the next few months. Are you going to have a wee tantrum and respond like this to every one?

We know you don't like anyone critiquing LJ. You've told us plenty of times already.

Yeah, of course, they were decent results.

Why you still going on about Lennon? I've no idea how he would get on as Hibs manager these days. Maybe time for you to put that one to bed? You mention iLennon almost every time you quote one of my posts, no matter what the subject is. Let it go.
    They were excellent results. As good as it gets for Hibs in the league really.

It isn't difficult to be impartial about LJ. He has struggled and couldn't really complain if binned. He has also had some brilliant results and some horrible injuries to deal with.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    They were excellent results. As good as it gets for Hibs in the league really.

It isn't difficult to be impartial about LJ. He has struggled and couldn't really complain if binned. He has also had some brilliant results and some horrible injuries to deal with.
    Could've said that the first time without the Lennon jibe.

We've had half a dozen decent game this season. I wanted a lot better than that. Hardly crime of the century.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Ross County and Dundee United ludicrous VAR decisions and we're 3rd just for starters. So many things have gone against us this season.
    We've played against 10 men for half the season and limped into 5th. No excuses

We’ve got the 5th biggest budget and we finished 5th. We are punching our weight.

Our new manager has had an up and down start, but for a change we’ve decided to stick with him and hopefully the stability will help.

There are positives. But we’re competing in a league that only 2 teams can win, which makes our cup performances more disappointing.

I can’t say I was that excited about the glory of a 4th place finish. I suppose it’s all very average and unmemorable.

I’ll be spending 18 hours a day on here awaiting updates on the City Group chatter.

Been quite a mixed season tbf though we have had some decent results like winning away to St mirren 1-0 , 4-1 at Livingston ( 4-1 at home too ) , 3-1 , 6-0 at home to Aberdeen, the 0-0 at pittodrie we were by far the better team in , beating hertz 1-0 and again totally out playing the opposition.

Great performance in beating the champions 4-2 which most teams fail to do .we showed great fighting spirit in 1-1 against hertz and 2-2 against Sevco. Compared to last season's 8th place finish and watching the team with Maloney in charge of it there's definitely been a improvement and with a good summer recruitment there's reason to be optimistic for the new season.👍

Disappointment of yesterday aside, I’m relatively positive about next season.

I’ve seen enough in 2023 to feel that Johnson may be capable of getting a decent team together. I think he’s squeezed as much out of a relatively poor bunch over the last couple of months as he realistically could, once he found a way of playing.

All hinges on what we do in the transfer window of course.

Could've said that the first time without the Lennon jibe.

We've had half a dozen decent game this season. I wanted a lot better than that. Hardly crime of the century.
    You're right. Do you accept that it could take more than 1 season?

The team Lennon did it with was built over 3 and a half years, mostly by someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Swedish hibee View Post
    Focus on the Swedish season for me👍 clear out, then we go again.. Have good Summer hibees everywhere.
    I wonder if there’s a Swede somewhere who says, at the end of the Swedish League, “my focus is now on the Scottish Premiership” 😃