hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Well At Least That Season's Finally Over.

Trying to end the season on a positive note and, TBH, that's the best I could come up with.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Trying to end the season on a positive note and, TBH, that's the best I could come up with.
    We are better than we were 12 months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    We are better than we were 12 months ago.

You're better at this than me

Damp squibs don't come any damper than this season, right from the huff and puff opener at McDiarmid, even though we won.

If next season is as bad I might take up shopping on a Saturday.

Looking forward to a few weeks of long Saturday runs, hillwalking and pints without having to tag a football match on the end.

It's been a slog of a season. We have improved but from a pretty low starting point and we arguably have as much to do this summer as we did last.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

We've hugely improved on last season. Suppose that's a positive.

Focus on the Swedish season for me👍 clear out, then we go again.. Have good Summer hibees everywhere.

So relieved

Testimonial Due The Captain....'s Avatar
    Glad it's over..not an enjoyable watch as far as I'm concerned.

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk

Some good, some bad. Europe would be a welcome bonus.

Testimonial Due
    If Celtic win next week we will already have done better in next season's cups than this season

Bit or perspective. We finished 8th last season and sacked two managers. Not fantastic this season but huge improvement.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    I enjoyed this season - bit of everything and enough to be optimistic for for next term. Key is finding a strong striker to replace Nisbet, and I’m looking forward to seeing who we plump for.

Happy to get a bit of respite from Hibs for a few weeks

Incredibly average season. Some stinking performances but some memorable games as well. An improvement on last season and if we make Europe (99% sure we will) that gives us something to look forward to in a couple of months.

If we uncover a couple of gems in the transfer market (let's see what you are made of Brian..) and keep Boyle & Youan fit and in form we'll definitely improve next year.

@hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    Fine margins and all. If Fish's header goes in of the post, we win the game and finish 4th and everybody's happy.

The cups were hugely disappointing after the season before getting to the final and semi final, however finishing 5th and gaining European football in the same way we got it in 2018, via Celtc winning the cup, has to be regarded as some sort of success.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Couple of months break then more of the same for another year.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by AFKA5814_Hibs View Post
    Fine margins and all. If Fish's header goes in of the post, we win the game and finish 4th and everybody's happy.

The cups were hugely disappointing after the season before getting to the final and semi final, however finishing 5th and gaining European football in the same way we got it in 2018, via Celtc winning the cup, has to be regarded as some sort of success.
    I would say that should be the minimum and so LJ in his first season has done the minimum

My expectations for next season will be higher though, so hopefully we have learned our lesson in recruitment

Third place was there for taking and all that goes with it. Great chance missed.

Far better season than last, bad injuries didn't help. Losing boyle for such a long period, nesbit missing large part aswell.summer recruitment was horrendous. Got a strong director of football now with a strong knowledge of players

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    What a Ray of sunshine you are! Marked improvement on last season with some great football at times and Europe still - even now - a strong possibility. The season is "finally' over after pushing Hearts to the final second when they were streets ahead of us a few short months ago - massive improvement on last season - granted the cups were a disaster.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Couple of months break then more of the same for another year.
    The reality of supporting hibs, not much we can do as fans other than turn up and hope for the best. It’s been like this my whole life apart from a few outlier seasons.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickShoes View Post
    The reality of supporting hibs, not much we can do as fans other than turn up and hope for the best. It’s been like this my whole life apart from a few outlier seasons.
    Yeah but I bet some years you looked forward to the new season!!

I can't relate to LJ or the squad and our board just don't get it. There's nothing about us to get excited about.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    I enjoyed this season - bit of everything and enough to be optimistic for for next term. Key is finding a strong striker to replace Nisbet, and I’m looking forward to seeing who we plump for.

Happy to get a bit of respite from Hibs for a few weeks
    I've enjoyed it too.

The last 5 games have been a good way to end the season- who'd be Motherwell?

8 points were a decent haul as well - could've been 12 but given the difficulties getting points in a top6 with both Uglies in there it's a points tally that's second only to the Govan mob post-split

Transition season minus our very best players for much of it.

I'm hopeful for next season.

The away support has been outstanding all season as well. We've a great hard core support who support the club well

First Team Breakthrough
    Find some of the negativity on here so over the top. Wasn't a classic season but neither has most of them been over the last 30+ years. Cups were obviously a massive disappointment and that terrible run in the middle of the season killed us a bit. On the other hand putting 6 past Aberdeen, 4 past Celtic and beating Hearts was some nice highlights. Compare that to last season when there was really nothing you'd want to remember.

First Team Breakthrough
    Just cause I'm sad enough to have looked. 30 years we've finished 3rd 4 times, 4th 3 times and 5th now 4 times. So this is our joint 8th best season in 30 years.

I get that our league form has improved a bit, but I can't agree that it's been a 'massive' improvement.

Basically we've swapped two semi finals, a cup final and an eight place finish... with a 5th place finish and exiting both cups at the first stage.

Hoping we can do a bit better than that next season, TBH.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    We need a clear strategy for how to approach this summer as the last window aside, the previous two were scattergun and we signed one hell of a lot of expensive dross.

Clear out as much of the team who don’t make an impact as possible, identify where we are weakest and do the homework. Character, injury records, if age has gotten to them. No more McKirdys, Magennis’s, Marshalls.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Bit or perspective. We finished 8th last season and sacked two managers. Not fantastic this season but huge improvement.
    Yep. We need to remember where we've come from.Disappointing end to today but before Xmas I thought we were going to be in a relegation battle. I'd definitely have taken 5th and a chance of Europe then.

3rd next season with right recruitment 🤞🏻

Ross County and Dundee United ludicrous VAR decisions and we're 3rd just for starters. So many things have gone against us this season.