hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: This Team

@hibs.net private member

This Team

Even if they score in the last few minutes it doesn’t matter, they’ll get pumped in Europe.

I don’t know whether it’s poor coaching or poor players but it’s brutal to watch.

There is so many players who aren’t good enough and the good players are unreliable.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Welcome back to the forum!

I am quite often Johnson’s biggest critic. Today, he managed the game very well. Made all the right changes. The players were just not good enough. Hope we see some good additions to the squad in the summer.

@hibs.net private member Juice-Terry's Avatar
    The problem, certainly in this game, is that there were FAR too many stupid decisions. Youan for one, was guilty of this time and time again.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Welcome back to the forum!
    Don’t know if this is serious or not? I’ve been here a long time? PM and many posts?

That team had no idea how to play against 10 men. Criminal amount of aimless long balls and players making terrible decisions. We had so much of the hall and created nothing to open hearts up.

An awful squad and even worse manager. Absolutely disgraceful subs

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by bordergreen View Post
    I am quite often Johnson’s biggest critic. Today, he managed the game very well. Made all the right changes. The players were just not good enough. Hope we see some good additions to the squad in the summer.
    I like LJ and have been supportive but there were so many basic errors today that you have to question.

Youan was stinking.

There just seems to be something missing

Quote Originally Posted by S4uzee View Post
    An awful squad and even worse manager. Absolutely disgraceful subs
    He'd have been better not making any subs due to the dross on the bench. We need to add better quality and get rid of imposters like Henderson and McKirdy.

Surely at HT they discuss the best way to play 10 men?

To be honest the players on the pitch aren’t good enough anyway and I think today clearly showed that. Most of us knew that already anyway

Bottle merchants pure and simple

Quote Originally Posted by bordergreen View Post
    You think? The tactics 2nd half were awful and was like watching amateur hour. Crying out for width, especially on the right hand side and play ball instead of the hoof ball rap.

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs4185 View Post
    I like LJ and have been supportive but there were so many basic errors today that you have to question.

Youan was stinking.

There just seems to be something missing
    I don't see that as LJ's fault
    ... Youan seemed determined to over elaborate everything and was bang to rights.for their goal.. (I really like him too :-/ )

This team gave it their all today but just came up a bit short today and over the course of the season

Looking forward to next season

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    This team gave it their all today but just came up a bit short today and over the course of the season

👍

@hibs.net private member

🤣🤣🤣🤣👌🏼

@hibs.net private member

Im an optimist but today show more than ever that there is a lack of quality. Not one player has that tiny little spark to make a difference:

@hibs.net private member

This is where I am. We are better than 12 months ago. Looking forward to seeing where we are next year. He will continue to overhaul the squad.

Johnson was right when he said we lack football IQ. And if he instructed them to play like that 2nd half then he should have included himself in the comment.

End of the 1st half we got it down, moved the ball and stretched them. Keep doing that and you run them into the ground. Instead we just shelled it long, let them win the headers and barely created a chance of note.

There were 5 or 6 on that park today who are never good enough for Hibs. The subs impacted us but that's the test it a squad. Football would be easy if you had your best 11 at 100% every game. When we have to reach even 2 or 3 players beyond that we are found massively wanting. Absolutely no quality at all in the 2nd half.

You can't fault the effort but then that should be a given. Someone with the ability to unlock a defence and win the game is what we needed, not 11 Duracell bunnies who run about a lot.
    Last edited by Pretty Boy; 27-05-2023 at 02:00 PM.

Looking forward to all the usual posters appearing tonight who were a bit quiet when we were winning.
    Crap today, but the signs of improvement since Jan have been clear to see.
    I still think LJ is the man and you can see that through the players he has improved and the spirit back in the squad. Another big window (empty hendo, mckirdy, cabraja, JDH etc) will improve us further and I'm not throwing a fit over an inability to break down a wall of defenders today.
    We go again.

It’s a huge summer window. We need more quality in and need to ship quite a few out still. The squad is lacking quality players big time

@hibs.net private member
    We drew at Tyncastle. That’s never a bad result for us really. We missed 4th over the course of the season though some poor performances and a fair bit of bad luck, not because of today. I’d say we’ve finished the season on a high and as long as Celtic win the SC final we can kick on next year with Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs4185 View Post
    Im an optimist but today show more than ever that there is a lack of quality. Not one player has that tiny little spark to make a difference:
    And I’m in agreement that the squad lacks quality.

I think we’ve the 5th biggest budget and 5th best squad imo, add in we’ve been without our most creative players for most of the season only makes it harder.

There’s a lot to improve on no doubt, but I think the feel and performances of late is so much better than it’s been for the past 18 months and I’m excited to see where we go from here, especially with Mcderrmot in post

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    You think? The tactics 2nd half were awful and was like watching amateur hour. Crying out for width, especially on the right hand side and play ball instead of the hoof ball rap.
    I don’t think it was tactics today. I think it was personnel not having the ability that was the real issue today. I see people slagging Cadden on here regularly, he is one of our best players, and that showed when he went off today.

@hibs.net private member
    And I’m in agreement that the squad lacks quality.

I think we’ve the 5th biggest budget and 5th best squad imo, add in we’ve been without our most creative players for most of the season only makes it harder.

There’s a lot to improve on no doubt, but I think the feel and performances of late is so much better than it’s been for the past 18 months and I’m excited to see where we go from here, especially with Mcderrmot in post
    This. Some might call it accepting mediocrity but 5th largest budget + injuries to our two best players = 5th place.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    He'd have been better not making any subs due to the dross on the bench. We need to add better quality and get rid of imposters like Henderson and McKirdy.
    Careful now. I used the word imposter last week and my post was labelled 'poor' and 'personal' among other things.

Going by the performances of these two in particular each week I would say the word imposter is relatively mild.

The squad is dreadful for our budget. Up front we’d have been much better if we’d had Boyle, Nisbett and McGeadey fit all season but our midfield is brutal. We need better quality in wingbacks and Marshall hasn’t worked out. The recruitment has been awful for five years.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibees1973 View Post
    Careful now. I used the word imposter last week and my post was labelled 'poor' and 'personal' among other things.

Going by the performances of these two in particular each week I would say the word imposter is relatively mild.
    Neither are imposters though, they just aren’t good enough for our level. If you understood the definition of imposter maybe you’d realise why people described your post like that instead of acting like a victim.

Yep. Good signs for me if we can strengthen the squad so we have options that can come on and offer something - we've been starved of that ability all season with being forced to turn to poor performers off the bench simply to offer fresh legs.

A decent showing in the top6 and today but just fell short. Hearts had one shot on target today.