hibs.net Messageboard

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425
    @hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ultimately we managed to blow both cups horribly and in fact the league too. Not just today, though that outcome was very poor. This season confirms everything we already knew - we’re patchy at best, have a massively ordinary squad, a weak midfield and a first team that’s paper thin for first picks.

Johnson will start next season but if we don’t gut that squad and add four or five first team signings then he’s utterly ****ed because we’ll know early on whether it’s the same streaky ‘nearly men’ diet ahead.
    Definitely some improvement though but you are right need to strengthen the squad.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    The problem with today's result is that it's not just a one off - we as fans feel the weight of our rubbish record against them.

We have had so many chances over the years to get one over on them and bottled time and time again. That's why today is so frustrating. They have beaten us 0-3 twice this season and put us out of the cup.

We couldn't have asked for a better chance to get one over on them today. And we are sitting at 1-1, them down to 10 men with an hour to play. But of course it's Hibs so we can't do it. If the shoe was on the other foot you can bet they would have won by 2 or 3.

We need to change our mentality for these games. We always have excuses about injuries, dodgy refs, tiredness etc but at the end of the day I've seen too many of these games go there way for me to conclude they are better organised and want it more.

Maybe LJ is the one to fix this but today so was ****ing predictable.

Christ !!
    Remember when they played us 19 years ago
    Brebner gets sent off
    Did we get a draw that day??
    Their shambles got a draw and celebrated
    Slating Campbell??
    The guy had to go right back!!
    Not his natural position
    They kicked our right backs off the park
    We are not in as bad a position as some would say on here
    A few weeks ago we won’t get top 6
    We won’t get a point in the top 6
    We got 8 out of 15
    Beat the lower teams we should beat I think next season will push us on
    Glory to the Great Hibees 🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    Ultimately we managed to blow both cups horribly and in fact the league too. Not just today, though that outcome was very poor. This season confirms everything we already knew - we’re patchy at best, have a massively ordinary squad, a weak midfield and a first team that’s paper thin for first picks.

Johnson will start next season but if we don’t gut that squad and add four or five first team signings then he’s utterly ****ed because we’ll know early on whether it’s the same streaky ‘nearly men’ diet ahead.
    4 or 5 won't be enough imo. We have a number of loanees going back, and very likely to lose Nisbet.

For me we need the following:

GK
    LB
    CB
    DM/CM
    Attacking midfielder
    Winger
    Striker x2.

That's 8 players. And I honestly don't think I'm being outlandish.

That will be very hard to do with the best recruitment team in the world. Hopefully McDermott can fix work some magic but it's a big ask.

Last year we finished 8th . This year we have finished 5th and will more than likely be in Europe. Last year in the bottom 6th our last 5 games were : St mirren 1-0 win (A). Livingston 1-0 loss (A) . Aberdeen 1-1 draw (H) . Dundee 3-1 loss (A) . St Johnstone 4-0 win (H) = 7 POINTS.

WE HAVE TAKEN 8 POINTS FROM St mirren , Sevco, Aberdeen, Celtic and hertz only losing once .
    Talk of sacking manager and blaming player's like Newell and even Campbell I think is a totally OTT reaction . There's definitely been improvement from last year and the manager just needs the summer to improve the team .As for our Player's like Newell today who's carrying a injury and Campbell Playing out of position I think it's harsh .

It's been a tough run of 5 games in 20 days or so were they have gave us absolutely 100% effort and commitment in them games . There keeper had a few good saves and we hit the post . With injuries and lack of options from the bench we sadly just ran out of steam. I'm certain we will be back stronger next year . Keep the faith.🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬

Couldn't see the game on my stick so worked and listened to radio between jobs.sounded all Hibs in the 2nd half but just had zero composure when needed, which sounds ike a lot of our performances. The only way to win these games us getting shot of a) the driss abd b) some under performing high waged venerated players who gave underperformed for almost 3 seasons now.

Will we scrap 10-13 players from this squad, probably not but we should.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    That was a chance to batter them in their own stinking toilet. Had we played for an hour with ten men, you can be sure they would have taken advantage. We are still too nice; it feels like a big chance got away from us.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Cadden suspected ruptured Achilles, JDH dislocated shoulder. Egan-Riley out for 3-4 months.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member aljo7-0's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Cadden suspected ruptured Achilles, JDH dislocated shoulder. Egan-Riley out for 3-4 months.
    FFS, lucky white heather anyone?