hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by southern hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Someone told me tonight that Newell, Jeggo and another first team starter for us are out tomorrow.

Can anyone confirm????

GGTTH
    There was a suggestion that Jeggo and Campbell were suspended. It’s never been mentioned though so I assume not.

Newell went off injured the other day, LJ said he is hopeful of him making it though.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    First derby in a while I'm not nervous.

We have absolutely nowt to lose here. They already can't stand the thought of finishing below us. The home crowd will get nasty quickly if we can grab an early goal
    Pretty much where I'm at, nothing to lose, everything to gain.
    Not looking forward to my early breakfast tomorrow and beers before the game though, sitting with a mixed crowd and feel like I have to be polite to my Jambo mates as everyone knows they've chucked 3rd already, 4th would kill them!

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    There’s not really is there?

Celtic will win the cup so stripping the emotion out of it, the difference between winning and losing will just be an extra game in Europe against a poor side we should beat anyway?

All derbies are big games, I’m just not sure there’s a lot riding on it?
    Bragging rights certainly! Back to back derby wins coupled with finishing above them in the league would make for a very enjoyable summer until the next derby in about three months time!

I also don't think Naismith survives another defeat in his bid to become manager on a full time basis.

Quote Originally Posted by southern hibby View Post
    Someone told me tonight that Newell, Jeggo and another first team starter for us are out tomorrow.

Can anyone confirm????

GGTTH
    CJ will be out, no doubt about it.

Johnson saying Jeggo had a knock but sub was tactical. Says Newell should be fine but he was struggling big time the other night. I’d be surprised if he’s there.

Hibs need an early goal.

Totally buzzing. When the post-split fixtures were announced I thought there was a fair chance we'd be going into this game needing a win to get 5th and with Hearts needing a win to get 3rd so there would have been a potential nightmare outcome, us ending up 6th and them 3rd. Instead, we've got everything to gain and they've got everything to lose so the pressure is all on them.

Imagine how big the meltdown will be if we win. 😀

***** the hearts

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    There’s not really is there?

Celtic will win the cup so stripping the emotion out of it, the difference between winning and losing will just be an extra game in Europe against a poor side we should beat anyway?

All derbies are big games, I’m just not sure there’s a lot riding on it?
    Not really for us as such. As you said 5th is cemented in and barring a major shock in the Scottish cup final we will be in Europe. But for Hearts this game is absolutely a big deal. After bumming for most of the season about how far ahead of us they are make no mistake about it, to lose 4th place to us on the last day of the season at Tynecastle would be an absolute disaster for them.

Its that very fact that has me hoping the players go out and give it absolutely everything. Hearts are in a stick or twist situation and no matter what Naismith says to them before the game it will be in the players minds that a clean sheet gets them 4th, would it be wise to play an open game against a team with a bit of pace on the break, but then again, play conservatively and they risk handing the initiative to Hibs.

Said it on a number of threads after Wednesday night: Miller's throw ins were a revelation, he can probably reach the Hearts penalty spot with anything more than 10 yards into their half and given their well documented troubles dealing with high balls into their area what an asset that could be to us in this game.

I still wouldn't put us down as favourites, their home form is good. But if we were to do it we can all sit back next week and pray for a miraculous ICT win in the cup final .... that would be like putting a cherry on top of the cherry on top of the cake

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Not really for us as such. As you said 5th is cemented in and barring a major shock in the Scottish cup final we will be in Europe. But for Hearts this game is absolutely a big deal. After bumming for most of the season about how far ahead of us they are make no mistake about it, to lose 4th place to us on the last day of the season at Tynecastle would be an absolute disaster for them.

Its that very fact that has me hoping the players go out and give it absolutely everything. Hearts are in a stick or twist situation and no matter what Naismith says to them before the game it will be in the players minds that a clean sheet gets them 4th, would it be wise to play an open game against a team with a bit of pace on the break, but then again, play conservatively and they risk handing the initiative to Hibs.

Said it on a number of threads after Wednesday night: Miller's throw ins were a revelation, he can probably reach the Hearts penalty spot with anything more than 10 yards into their half and given their well documented troubles dealing with high balls into their area what an asset that could be to us in this game.

I still wouldn't put us down as favourites, their home form is good. But if we were to do it we can all sit back next week and pray for a miraculous ICT win in the cup final .... that would be like putting a cherry on top of the cherry on top of the cake
    He`ll need to reign them in bit as there's a danger they could fly out for throw-ins on opposite side of pitch at Tynecastle. No such thing as a "long throw" at Tynecastle.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by He's here! View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65724713

What an arrogant fud Naismith is. Would love to see us puncture his ego again.
    Naismith is an arrogant fool, clinging on to nothing. He is one game away from the sack, although, technically, he is only a stop gap and he’ll be allowed to slink out the back door without much fuss. I don’t think I’ve ever disliked a Jambo manager as much as him. In the unwelcome case of him surviving, he’ll offer us a couple of months of satisfactory amusement till they have to give him the bullet. I reckon a division 1 or 2 job is where he will end up.

@hibs.net private member
    Had a full day planned with the Mrs and the kids but after the Celtic result, I’ve spent the last 24 hours em executing a withdrawal from family activities.

As a result, the mrs and kids are leaving at 10.30am tomorrow, bound for the in-laws.

I’ll be like Navid from still game waving Meena off.

Call me when you get there, miss you already, what will I do without you.

As soon as they’re out of sight, I’ll be celebrating like there’s no tomorrow!

Let’s pump these rover loving *ankers

@hibs.net private member
    Pledged to never set foot inside tynecastle for a derby ever again when Mercer tried to close us down, so won't be there tomorrow.
    Will be glued to the radio and as nervous as hell. Let's do it Hibs.

'mon the Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Totally buzzing. When the post-split fixtures were announced I thought there was a fair chance we'd be going into this game needing a win to get 5th and with Hearts needing a win to get 3rd so there would have been a potential nightmare outcome, us ending up 6th and them 3rd. Instead, we've got everything to gain and they've got everything to lose so the pressure is all on them.

Imagine how big the meltdown will be if we win. 😀

Totally agree mate. Pressure is all on them and if we play like we did against Aberdeen and Celtic we will cause them problems 👍. GGTTH 🇳🇬

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    I forgot to get a ticket and was set to miss my first Derby in around 15 years. However, I have got accreditation for the game so will be pitch side with my cameras hoping to catch the celes for the goal that secures 4th. Not the best way to watch the game but I have never photographed a men's Derby before and this one is one of the most important league encounters we have had for a long time. Very excited to be both at the game and hear the atmosphere from as close to the pitch as I will ever get. It will be fascinating up the Hearts end to see what it sounds and looks like

Stick some of your pics on here

'S' Form
    For the first time in a while I’m actually confident of two things. One hibs will turn up the day and two we will win the match.

I read we had a cryotherapy unit taking into the training ground on Thursday. This common practice ?

Can't see it. Don't win often at Tynie and they are in good form. 12 wins from 18, only 1 loss to non old firm. We have 5 away wins this year. Suspect a Hearts win unfortunately. Comes from a seasoned pessimist so usually fear the worst.

CJ be a miss and suspect be without 1 or 2 more.

That said, we are on the back of a confidence boosting win and in decent form ourselves. Youan and Nisbet give us a threat - we are capable no doubt. Will probably need our best performance of the season and everyone to be on their A game.

If we are level by 70 mins they will be bricking it.

Prepared for the worst, hoping for the best

Expecting a Hearts win but you never know.

I’m like a kid at Xmas, too excited to sleep. I’m mildly confident we can win. By kick off time I’ll be certain of it.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Not to be too pessimistic, but the walking wounded nature of us by full time on Wednesday means it wouldn't be too surprising to see a weakish team.

I reckon we're up against it. That said, that we're in this position is above and beyond what I was expecting, and we've done well post-split - pretty content that we even have a shot at fourth, so I can live with falling just short.

Hope we annihilate them, of course.

I get carried away thinking we’re on a good(ish) run, momentum etc etc and that we’re going to go and win.

Then I think about it properly and unfortunately just can’t see it.

A must win game for us at Tynecastle against hearts that they only need to draw? That’s a game I’ll never be confident for 🤣

Add in possible having 3 starters out for us in Newell, CJ and Jeggo.

Could delferriere come in for his first start of the season?👀

@hibs.net private member Mikey_1875's Avatar
    Feel fine about it. Buzzing for the derby as usual and it would be fantastic if we win.

All the pressure will be on them, from the position we were both in after Christmas it would be an embarrassment for them. As long as we play like we have post split I think we have a cracking chance.

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    ****. The. Hearts.

I don't think there is ever not a lot riding on a derby, but guaranteed euro football, finishing above them, prob ending Naismith's chances of securing the gig full time (if they weren't considering it, they'd surely have appointed someone by now?)....thus throwing them into more instability - this one has a lot more riding on it that most!

I'm going for the dream end.....McKirdy, 87 mins...machine gun celebration in-front of them! 1-0 Hibs. They would be ragin!

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    I get carried away thinking we’re on a good(ish) run, momentum etc etc and that we’re going to go and win.

A must win game for us at Tynecastle against hearts that they only need to draw? That’s a game I’ll never be confident for ��

Could delferriere come in for his first start of the season?��
    We do have options including JDH josh Hendo and also Lewis if all 3 out. Such a short turnaround wouldn't be surprised if all 3 out also Nisbet was struggling near the end. Delferriere would be option also if want more dig in the middle.

@hibs.net private member
    A win today, and grabbing 4th place from them, would be fantastic. Hopefully, we turn in the quality of performance we showed against them at ER, also Aberdeen and Celtic. Just concerned the injuries to key players could have a major impact. We'll soon see.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post

A must win game for us at Tynecastle against hearts that they only need to draw? That’s a game I’ll never be confident for

Could delferriere come in for his first start of the season?
    Yep, our injuries worry me somewhat

We are definitely underdogs today

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

With the chances we are creating just now I'm confident we'll create enough to win it.
    It's whether we will take them.

Even on Wednesday we hit them for 4 but we could have had 1 or 2 before the scoring started and it looked like we'd never put one away. Same against Rangers.

Elie is bang in form, I look forward to him running at defenders towards our end. We've got a good chance.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    We do have options including JDH josh Hendo and also Lewis if all 3 out. Such a short turnaround wouldn't be surprised if all 3 out also Nisbet was struggling near the end. Delferriere would be option also if want more dig in the middle.
    Yeah still have some not bad options, depends if we stick with the 352 from the weekend or revert to a 4231.

We played a diamond second half against Celtic but I’d be surprised to see that again from the beginning.

………………….Marshall…………

……….Fish……..Rocky…..Hanlon…….

Miller……JDH…….Campbell……Stevenson…..

…………………..Henderson…..

…………..Nisbet…………Youan……

Or

……………….Marshall…………

……….Fish……..Rocky…..Hanlon…….

Miller……JDH…….Stevenson……Cabraja…..

…………………..Campbell…..

…………..Nisbet…………Youan……

For a bit more dig in the middle of the park.

That’s worst case scenario with CJ, Newell and Jeggo being out.

I’m hopefully Jeggo makes it though.

I haven't been to Tynecastle for over 20 years and I'm not going today either, but I'll enjoy the build up as the Sportsound team will be ****ing it cos we've got a chance of beating their beloved Hearts. They'll probably beat us though, so they'll be all happy and jokey after the game. **** neutrality...