hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Famous five lower

Finally got round to watching Wednesdays highlights.
    Really need to do something about the FF lower. It's sold a lot of seasons but nobody shows up. It looks so bad on TV.
    I had heard that many buy the cheap seasons in there and turn up occasionally. Not sure if that's true, but we need behind the goals busy.
    That empty section is really visible and not a true reflection of the decent crowds inside ER at the moment.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I take my 3 year old son to games. He cant go to night games. I'm sure alot are in the same boat.

If they move the kids section it's only going to move the problem elsewhere.

Plenty spaces in the east and west as well.

@hibs.net private member
    The East was empty too. The quietest part of the ground was the upper left section of the Famous Five where a previous incarnation of the singing section displaced Season Ticket holders who had sat there for ages. I attend games and I couldn't really care what it looks like on TV. We should cater for the fans that attend first and foremost and a safe family area is a big part of that.

However, saying all that I think getting the singing section as far away from the away end as possible is a good thing. We could get the family seats for a similar cost in the FF end of the East as there looks to be plenty seats there. Do it over a couple of seasons so fans have a chance to find seats and then the couple of hundred that like to sing can see if they can increase their number, I doubt it myself. The cost for behind the goal should be the same as it would be normally be.

Changing to singing section the season after next is it not? Just have to make do next season then it'll be better.
    Last edited by Since452; 27-05-2023 at 02:59 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The East was empty too. The quietest part of the ground was the upper left section of the Famous Five where a previous incarnation of the singing section displaced Season Ticket holders who had sat there for ages. I attend games and I couldn't really care what it looks like on TV. We should cater for the fans that attend first and foremost and a safe family area is a big part of that.

However, saying all that I think getting the singing section as far away from the away end as possible is a good thing. We could get the family seats for a similar cost in the FF end of the East as there looks to be plenty seats there. Do it over a couple of seasons so fans have a chance to find seats and then the couple of hundred that like to sing can see if they can increase their number, I doubt it myself. The cost for behind the goal should be the same as it would be normally be.
    You might not care what it looks like on TV but TV companies do. Full stadiums is one of the reasons the game sells so well in England. If we can't actually fill them, we should at least try to make them look full on the telly. All about marketing the product.
    Last edited by Posh Swanny; 26-05-2023 at 06:48 PM.

@hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar
    Season tickets are the lifeblood of our club. So what if people buy a season ticket but miss matches for whatever reason. A family area will always have empty seats at most games , kids have lots of things going on , but at least their parents etc are doing their bit in bringing them in which will hopefully see them become supporters for life.

@hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Posh Swanny View Post
    You might not care what it looks like on TV but TV companies do. Full stadiums is one of the reasons the game sells so well in England. If we can't actually fill them, we should at least try to make them look full on the telly. All about marketing the product.

Lets not pretend that some empty seats at some of our home games is detrimental to scottish football and maximising tv income. They couldn’t give a toss about anything other than rangers and celtic. 1 out of 4 Edinburgh derbies were selected for live tv coverage , that tells you everything you need to know about tv companies interest in marketing scottish football

Quote Originally Posted by Posh Swanny View Post
    Taken to its extreme, we should only sell tickets in the West after the Famous Five, East and South are sold out.

I don't think you're advocating that though.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DarrenSQH View Post
    I take my 3 year old son to games. He cant go to night games. I'm sure alot are in the same boat.

Very true mate , But if they moved it away from the ff lower where it's so glaring on tv the empty seats for all to see ..Aberdeen sell all the bottom seats so it looks good on tv but the upper stand has no one in it , But looks like a sell out when on the telly

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    I’m glad I don’t have my ST in the FF Lower.

If it’s not being demanded that you move seats to accommodate others it’s being castigated for not bringing your kids to every single game, midweek or not.

You’d almost feel guilty for buying one given the scrutiny you’re constantly put under!

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    I’m glad I don’t have my ST in the FF Lower.

If it’s not being demanded that you move seats to accommodate others it’s being castigated for not bringing your kids to every single game, midweek or not.

You’d almost feel guilty for buying one given the scrutiny you’re constantly put under!
    It's tiring after a couple of seasons alright.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Serious question do we actually need a family section? Many clubs moved in this direction a decade or two ago, most have abandoned it. We all know which areas of Easter Road are for the sake of a better expression more lively or vitriolic if thats not for you then there are plenty of areas in the ground to sit. No need for a family section certainly a family end in my humble opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    Serious question do we actually need a family section? Many clubs moved in this direction a decade or two ago, most have abandoned it. We all know which areas of Easter Road are for the sake of a better expression more lively or vitriolic if thats not for you then there are plenty of areas in the ground to sit. No need for a family section certainly a family end in my humble opinion.
    I agree with this. Took my boy since he was 3 and never had a ticket in there.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Helensburghhibs View Post
    I agree with this. Took my boy since he was 3 and never had a ticket in there.
    We didnt need a family section growing up to get hooked on the beautiful game did we?

I’d genuianly just swap them around

Kids / family upstairs

Block seven downstairs ideally in the centre block but understand if they stand that causes issues. But long term that would be standing/ singing section!

Coaching Staff

Problem is its not just night or midweek games.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
    Finally got round to watching Wednesdays highlights.
    Really need to do something about the FF lower. It's sold a lot of seasons but nobody shows up. It looks so bad on TV.
    I had heard that many buy the cheap seasons in there and turn up occasionally. Not sure if that's true, but we need behind the goals busy.
    That empty section is really visible and not a true reflection of the decent crowds inside ER at the moment.
    I was there in the FFL. The seat to the right and to the left of me was empty because both my primary aged children had school the next day.

In terms of doing something about that, there is nothing that will impact me to do something about that until they are at secondary school at the earliest.
    Last edited by H18 SFR; 26-05-2023 at 10:47 PM.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post

Kids / family upstairs

Block seven downstairs ideally in the centre block but understand if they stand that causes issues. But long term that would be standing/ singing section!
    That’s not swapping them around. And to hell with them messing around with that block in the upper again.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post

Kids / family upstairs

Does that mean that everyone in the upper who likes their seat has to give way to someone from the lower? So that the fans from the east can take the seat of the fans currently in the lower?

We didnt need a family section growing up to get hooked on the beautiful game did we?
    Yeah but we were exposed to the worst language and behaviours ever and are traumatised because of it. Can’t have that nowadays tut tut

Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    Does that mean that everyone in the upper who likes their seat has to give way to someone from the lower? So that the fans from the east can take the seat of the fans currently in the lower?
    No it means someone will be seating on your knee next season

You’ll soon adapt

Either corner of the west makes more sense.

It looks bad on TV how empty the FF lower is. Behind the goals should be full how it was years ago, certainly makes a better atmosphere for the players I imagine aswell

Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    It's tiring after a couple of seasons alright.
    Unless people have 6 kids the gaps aren’t really about someone not bringing their kid to an evening game.

@hibs.net private member
    My kids are older now but they both had STs in the Famous Five. The Family Section used to get sold to Adults for the big games so would fill up with "supporters" who wanted to come along to the big games and from what I saw and heard viewed it more as a reason to get leathered and shout abuse, mostly at our players. I had quite a few run ins asking those that had sat around us to calm it down with the hatred and language and respect they were in the family section. You need an area where families can go that is a little bit protected from teh worst of football fans. The family section will always be in teh cheap seats and those end up occupied by the last fans to buy tickets who tend to be there for the "experience". It could be in teh wing of the East though and if a planned was made that could happen. It won't make much difference though as the FFL will still be half empty regardless even if it was an open end.

I think it’s inevitable that the family section will relocate and the lower FF will fill up with the singing /standing section. A good atmosphere attracts fans - no doubt about it. Look at Nottingham Forest - even when they’ve struggled the City Ground has been rammed and noisy. We need that to become the norm at ER. All games will then be more enjoyable!

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    I don’t think so. Been going to games since I was 4 and never once went to the family section.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

I think it’s inevitable that the family section will relocate and the lower FF will fill up with the singing /standing section. A good atmosphere attracts fans - no doubt about it. Look at Nottingham Forest - even when they’ve struggled the City Ground has been rammed and noisy. We need that to become the norm at ER. All games will then be more enjoyable!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Clash View Post
    Folk seem to have this romantic notion that the FF lower will be bursting at the seams every home game. I get the need for a better atmosphere and I would love to see Easter Road bouncing every home game, we need the team to give us that though because if not then the FF lower will continue to remain quiet and underpopulated

I hope it works though, we need to change something, although to be honest Im more interested in looking at the team on the park as opposed to counting empty seats
    Last edited by Bridge hibs; 27-05-2023 at 10:34 AM.