hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    @hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyrougier123 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I say this a lot,but the Celtic game the other night must go some way to indicating how Scottish football could benefit from shifting from turgid stop start winter months to fairer months.

Easter road looked glorious the other night,pitch was fantastic football was better and obviously the result helped the mood and atmosphere.

But that aside,surely we could sell the game better in the summer and possibly even breed better talented footballers. Even for a fix in winter a cup could be played.
    It’s been a while since I’ve felt good about the league in winter,it’s became very stop start with international breaks,and if you’re hoofed out the league cup even more breaks.
    Surely there must be more support for this in the modern game?
    The cup final is in June and the season starts in July, we are already playing 12 months of the year.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Would love us to switch to a summer league.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfred E Newman View Post
    The cup final is in June and the season starts in July, we are already playing 12 months of the year.
    We hardly played in about 3 of those months. Plus you had World Cup stoppage.
    I can understand by reading this thread why meaningful changes to Scottish football will never happen. It’s good to see there’s more than few share the view it would be worth at least looking into though.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyrougier123 View Post
    We hardly played in about 3 of those months. Plus you had World Cup stoppage.
    I can understand by reading this thread why meaningful changes to Scottish football will never happen. It’s good to see there’s more than few share the view it would be worth at least looking into though.
    We should certainly be looking at kick off time’s November to January. 3pm is too late for weekend matches in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    We should certainly be looking at kick off time’s November to January. 3pm is too late for weekend matches in my opinion
    I`ve always thought this . Electricity bills must be massive especially for lower league clubs . I suppose problem would be TV games having to start even earlier and Englisg games clashing .

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Summer footy for me. Piling the fixtures before the New Year is a necessity as they have to have contingency for postponed fixtures and cup replays. You also have European fixtures. The two cheeks are getting closer to regular after new-year games. They'd also be the two teams most likely to veto any move. Summer Saturday fixtures would play havoc with matching season. So another reason to want it.

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    It worked for a while but I wouldn’t describe English rugby league as thriving these days.
    Is it not? That’s a shame, I went to a St Helens (I think) Wigan game once when I was young and it was a great day out.

I’m guessing crowds are still better now than they were before the move to summer rugby though?

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Will ruin my pimms and cricket

If every fan wanted a switch to summer football.
    If most clubs wanted a switch to summer football.
    It wouldnt matter
    What matters is???????
    Whatever the old firm want.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Ah summer football - magnificent pitches for free flowing passes, glorious weather etc etc

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LaMotta View Post
    Ah summer football - magnificent pitches for free flowing passes, glorious weather etc etc
    I assume you mean the glorious sunshine currently shining on Leith 😆