hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Rangers Songs

Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How do you imagine people are arrested and charged with public order offences outside of football grounds? It's got nothing to do with powers, it's entirely about willingness (or lack of) to confront it.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

2. Log in to remove the advert

How do you imagine people are arrested and charged with public order offences outside of football grounds? It's got nothing to do with powers, it's entirely about willingness (or lack of) to confront it.
    It's not outside a football ground though. It's thousands of people packed into a stand. Good luck sending the police in there to arrest and charge every individual person involved.

The only people that can really do anything at this point are the SFA. They could batter the club with fines and I don't mean petty fines that the club can laugh off. I'm talking about real fines that have a very real impact on their transfer budget. It's the only way they'll ever get their "supporters" in order when they see the impact their bigotry is having on the pitch.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Away fans get away with murder at ER, songs aside there was flares and smoke bombs, some sections were well over capacity and they were clearly blocking access areas and stairs, banners over advertising board, there was even a section closed off that they started to sneak into and the stewards didn't stop them. Yet we are treated like criminals getting into our own ground.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by HarpOnHibee View Post
    It's not outside a football ground though. It's thousands of people packed into a stand. Good luck sending the police in there to arrest and charge every individual person involved.

The only people that can really do anything at this point are the SFA. They could batter the club with fines and I don't mean petty fines that the club can laugh off. I'm talking about real fines that have a very real impact on their transfer budget. It's the only way they'll ever get their "supporters" in order when they see the impact their bigotry is having on the pitch.
    That's just complete nonsense. We had an operation to track down as many Hibs supporters as possible after the cup final in 2016. The idea that nothing can be done is laughable. The idea that we need more legislation to stop it even more so. Everything is filmed and recorded these days.

All that needs to happen is for 20 to 30 arrests and prosecutions to take place for this behaviour at every game for succeeding weeks and it would quickly die down. Particularly if sentencing also involved lifetime bans from football grounds.

You only sing in the chapels was one of the songs today

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    It's quite a simple thing to eradicate. State we are cutting their allocation in half due to the recent singing with a promise that it will be cut in half again if it persists.

We are in control of this as a club. Will we ? I doubt it.

That's just complete nonsense. We had an operation to track down as many Hibs supporters as possible after the cup final in 2016. The idea that nothing can be done is laughable. The idea that we need more legislation to stop it even more so. Everything is filmed and recorded these days.

All that needs to happen is for 20 to 30 arrests and prosecutions to take place for this behaviour at every game for succeeding weeks and it would quickly die down. Particularly if sentencing also involved lifetime bans from football grounds.
    So we were told. But who was actually tracked down in the end? Ultimately nothing happened because it wasn't realistic to sift through all of the footage and identify every individual involved. It would have taken far too much time and would have cost far too much money.

On what grounds would such arrests be made? As much as we don't like it, singing songs about the pope, an MP that died over 4 decades ago and a bizarre love interest with a family that couldn't care less about them isn't against the law. It's odd and despicable behaviour, but doesn't warrant arrests.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzywuzzy View Post
    You only sing in the chapels was one of the songs today
    “**** the Pope” and song’s praising a proscribed terrorist organisation were also among the playbook. A guy also standing in plain sight of the polis in the front six rows holding a pyro.

What more evidence backed up by CCTV do the polis need?

Notice that sky never apologise for bad language when they sing their bile, but will apologise if an effects microphone picks up a lone guy swearing from the stand. Sky can blank out the background noise if they want but never do when its that that club.

Hibs need to take the blame for this now. They say nothing. It’s disgusting

But they dont need to do that.
    No "good luck" about it either .
    It is a policeman or policewomans job to arrest lawbreakers, isnt it ?
    When i was younger and there was bother in the Cave,the polis would come in,snatch a few possibles and either throw them out the ground or charge them.
    Usual charge back then, that covers a multitude of sins, was breach of the peace.
    Or if you resisted arrest, Police Assault !!
    Those zombies that sat,i am told,in the sectioned off bit in the South,should have been removed by the police as soon as they went in there.

In general,regards the racist/sectarian bile. Laws are there.
    Just rarely implemented when it comes to that mob .
    Those in authority that could do something,are scared to do something!
    A bit like those Republican politicians in the US who wont criticise that fascist chumpTrump.
    Scared off a backlash/harm from the Maga cultists and maybe lose their seat in congress.
    Our powers that be in Scotland ,football and political,are likewise,scared to call out rAngers and the hun hordes.

My wish is they go bust again and die ...Permanently would be fine !!
    Or leave and join some baltic/atlantic /siberian super league.
    Where no one understands their bigotry/racism
    Its clear some of their players dont !

No other way we can get rid of them .or have their hordes silenced/sanctioned,the way things are now.
    Police wont make significant arrests at games that would maybe make a difference.
    The football authorities just bury their collective heads in the sand...and move on .....
    As Oliver Hardy would say

"Twas ever thus"
    Last edited by Mick O'Rourke; 21-05-2023 at 02:52 PM.

Testimonial Due Booked4Being-Ugly's Avatar
    We need to protest next season in one of the games v them on sky next season. If the club won’t do anything about it then the fans should.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    So we were told. But who was actually tracked down in the end? Ultimately nothing happened because it wasn't realistic to sift through all of the footage and identify every individual involved. It would have taken far too much time and would have cost far too much money.

On what grounds would such arrests be made? As much as we don't like it, singing songs about the pope, an MP that died over 4 decades ago and a bizarre love interest with a family that couldn't care less about them isn't against the law. It's odd and despicable behaviour, but doesn't warrant arrests.

Wait, don't you remember all of the weeks of mugshots released to the media taken as stills from recorded footage and asking for information on names and addresses? Don't try and claim a lot of time and money wasn't spent on all that.

I'm pretty sure that arresting people for, for example, singing songs about dying as 'Fenian *******s' would constitute as good a public order offence as you're likely to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Chorley Hibee View Post
    One of the reasons our home form is as ***** down the years as it is, is the lack of atmosphere at ER.

The club have done everything to sanitise the last drop of it from all three home stands, whilst giving the Huns etc free reign to do whatever they wish when they attend, effectively turning it into a home game for them.

They can sing whatever they like, bring in whatever they like, hang their banners wherever they like, even attend without tickets, and sit and stand wherever they like too.

It was quite incredible the amount of stuff the Union Bears managed to bring into the stands today given the searches I witnessed outside the East stand today.

Meanwhile, you can't so much as sneak a water bottle in our end, display a tifo etc.

Also continuing with the empty FF family stand every week, instead of assigning it to the more vocal elements of our support, just compounds the issue further.

Easter Road is a rather miserable place to watch football I'm afraid to say.
    Did the club ban a tifo being displayed in the ground today?

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Leither View Post
    Did the club ban a tifo being displayed in the ground today?
    https://twitter.com/blocksevenhibs/status/1658936306825670657?t=9EHx8V_mNcnRZHz57VoGQg&s=19

Not one, but three according to the link above.

Health and safety, and the stringent checks on our own support, obviously wasn't applicable to the away end once again, given all the Union Bears managed to 'sneak' in.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Wonder if anyone will ask Dougie Ross what he thought about it and what he would do about it.

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    Away fans get away with murder at ER, songs aside there was flares and smoke bombs, some sections were well over capacity and they were clearly blocking access areas and stairs, banners over advertising board, there was even a section closed off that they started to sneak into and the stewards didn't stop them. Yet we are treated like criminals getting into our own ground.
    I basically got a cavity search on the way in today, I'm 43 years of age, I certainly don't fit into the demographic of a trouble maker, trying to get into the east today was worse than anything I've ever experienced in my entire life yet the Huns still manage to get in countless flares and all sorts

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Leither View Post
    “**** the Pope” and song’s praising a proscribed terrorist organisation were also among the playbook. A guy also standing in plain sight of the polis in the front six rows holding a pyro.

What more evidence backed up by CCTV do the polis need?
    It'll 'not be in the public interest' to do a thing

First Team Regular scm70nyd1973's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dastardly8 View Post
    **** should be banned from away grounds shocking sectarian singing
    Petty and unrealistic as it clearly is but my preference would be for all clubs to offer (at the start of each season) a 3-0 to the Huns and Soapdodgers without playing a single minute of football so they can play each other every week - that way they don’t come to Leith and other places singing their bile.

On the more slightly realistic front - but clearly being over optimistic- I would like the polis to start arresting random **** one at a time but frequently during a game when the sectarian singing starts. Like speeding - lots do it but only a few get caught. Just a regular procession of **** being hauled out and each banned from all stadiums in Scotland.

Ban them from stadium and explain why in the media.

That will get people talking.

Takes some guts - over to you Hibs.

Full putrid repertoire today.

Glorifying terrorists
    Vilifying catholics and the Irish

It was almost a relief when they copied the Bus Shelter Boys' "falling apart again" dirge...about the only non-sectarian or bigoted song all day.

How were some of their fans allowed to sit in the cordoned off section nearest the East?

Tell me, Mr William Boyne, what attracted you to one of the rotten two horses in a 2 horse race? Glory hunting, bigotry or both?

Scotland's Shame.

@hibs.net private member

I could be wrong but I thought this was up to the SPL, who have not voted to accept collective responsibility?

Or surely the police should be stepping in given we are talking about criminal offences?

I'm not one to defend the SFA but there are so, so many turning a blind eye to this (Hibs included).

Hibs are the biggest part of the problem here.

They don’t need to tolerate it but they do.

Disappointing I can’t bring myself to say “we” in this context but that’s the way it is.

I’ve washed my hands of attending this fixture long ago.

It’s despicable that this is tolerated in this day and age.

Quote Originally Posted by Chorley Hibee View Post
    https://twitter.com/blocksevenhibs/status/1658936306825670657?t=9EHx8V_mNcnRZHz57VoGQg&s=19

Not one, but three according to the link above.

Health and safety, and the stringent checks on our own support, obviously wasn't applicable to the away end once again, given all the Union Bears managed to 'sneak' in.
    Thanks. I would guess that’s because of the the anti-Coronation banner being displayed at the St Mirren game which probably sneaked in under the club’s nose has irked them somewhat.

It looks like David Forsyth’s mitts are over this, much as they were when Willie Docherty got sacked for playing “taxman” on the PA.

Pretty pathetic state of affairs, what are we feared of exactly?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by gbhibby View Post
    Notice that sky never apologise for bad language when they sing their bile, but will apologise if an effects microphone picks up a lone guy swearing from the stand. Sky can blank out the background noise if they want but never do when its that that club.
    In the bigotfest last week Crocker exclaimed “ibrox is bouncing” as they sang about buying a flute for 50 pence.

Simple way to solve it, as soon as they start singing the referee stops play and a warning put over the tannoy.

It would happen if there was racist chanting and rightly so, why should sectarianism be any different?

Points deduction is the only answer here, of course that will never happen

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    I don’t usually hear what they are singing at ER apart from the odd song or two. Today was as bad as I have heard it in years. Looks like they dusted off some of their old favourites from the 70s and 80s. Maybe because they are locked out of Parkhead now and they can’t get them out there.
    Hibs need to say something. Let’s not call it bigotry, let’s call it out for what it is , racism.
    Racism, really?

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar

I hear you.. the issue is it doesn't happen

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Racism, really?
    Change the target of any of those songs from Catholics to black or what ever, and it would obviously be racism.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    Change the target of any of those songs from Catholics to black or what ever, and it would obviously be racism.
    Black yes, whatever who knows? It's sectarian not racist, still ****bags though.