hibs.net Messageboard

Hibs Walking Football

Hibs Walking Football ⚽️

Starts in Leith this Friday, at Leith Academy, for 50+ and is free. 3:45-4:45pm. After the session there will be refreshments available at Easter Road stadium.

If you know anyone that would enjoy a kickabout, pass on the details below ✅

Leith Academy, Edinburgh Every Friday
    3.45-4.45pm
    FREE

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Power; 16-05-2023 at 09:58 AM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Another great initiative by HCF. Hope it gets some good numbers turning up.

Especially when a couple of the lads who have been doing so well for Hertz are Hibs season ticket holders

just me, but that email bounces back as addressed not found?

ignore that, correct one is in the mail shot pic
    Last edited by j'adorehibs; 16-05-2023 at 09:51 AM.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jodjam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Especially when a couple of the lads who have been doing so well for Hertz are Hibs season ticket holders
    I’m not so sure the rivalry is as intense in walking football
    I know at least one Hibs season ticket holders plays for Hearts, as these are his friends

@hibs.net private member hibbie02's Avatar
    The circle of life... Played hockey for Leith Academy at school and could return to play walking football in my dotage....?

@hibs.net private member linlithgowhibbie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbie02 View Post
    The circle of life... Played hockey for Leith Academy at school and could return to play walking football in my dotage....?
    So did I and my 3 brothers! I was from 1968-1972/3

@hibs.net private member StevieT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    I know at least one Hibs season ticket holders plays for Hearts, as these are his friends
    I play with Montrose and was talking to the Hearts players on Sunday and at least three of them had Hibs tattoos

I couldn't do that, it is bad enough playing in maroon for Linlithgow Rose over 65s

Hope you are well B.
    I’m still kicking around with Dunfermline Dynamo!
    Sorry to hijack thread but if anyone in Fife is looking join a WF club please PM me.

Having played against Dunfy Dynamoes 3 times I can thoroughly recommend them as a great group of lads who will make you welcome. (twice for the Rose and once for Dunbar as a guest)

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    I've played against Hearts in a few tournaments ( and scored against them ) especially in the league at Ravenscraig when Gala Fairydean Rovers had a team in it.
    They are fair proud of their dominance of the WF scene in Scotland, one of the times they won the league Hearts had their photo taken on the pitch at Tynecastle and they got a page in the club's programme. I'm not sure that dominance has continued since Covid, but there's no doubt from my experience that the Hearts lads took their competitive matches extremely seriously, they had two teams in the league such were their numbers.

It always peed me off royally that there wasn't a Hibs team to go against them .... hopefully that will change

Oh and as I've said on here a few times .... If anybody is thinking of giving this a go don't hesitate, if you haven't kept fit for a while chances are you will toil for a bit, but eventually you will be zipping about like a teenager .... I have just returned after nearly a year out injured and it's like starting from scratch, it's taken a few weeks for me to feel anything like up to speed playing with much fitter lads. The rules have been tightened up nationally and tackling of any sort is more or less a foul now, so the chances of getting impact injuries like there was in the early days has been much reduced.

What you will find, and I'm sure the walking footballers on here will confirm, is that when they cross the white line most folk forget they are over 50 and that a lot of us own a bus pass and become teenagers again, with all the carry on that goes with it ... but if it's anything like the club I play for it's almost entirely good natured and great fun.
    Last edited by NAE NOOKIE; 19-05-2023 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    I've played against Hearts in a few tournaments ( and scored against them ) especially in the league at Ravenscraig when Gala Fairydean Rovers had a team in it.
    They are fair proud of their dominance of the WF scene in Scotland, one of the times they won the league Hearts had their photo taken on the pitch at Tynecastle and they got a page in the club's programme. I'm not sure that dominance has continued since Covid, but there's no doubt from my experience that the Hearts lads took their competitive matches extremely seriously, they had two teams in the league such were their numbers.

It always peed me off royally that there wasn't a Hibs team to go against them .... hopefully that will change

Oh and as I've said on here a few times .... If anybody is thinking of giving this a go don't hesitate, if you haven't kept fit for a while chances are you will toil for a bit, but eventually you will be zipping about like a teenager .... I have just returned after nearly a year out injured and it's like starting from scratch, it's taken a few weeks for me to feel anything like up to speed playing with much fitter lads. The rules have been tightened up nationally and tackling of any sort is more or less a foul now, so the chances of getting impact injuries like there was in the early days has been much reduced.

What you will find, and I'm sure the walking footballers on here will confirm, is that when they cross the white line most folk forget they are over 50 and that a lot of us own a bus pass and become teenagers again, with all the carry on that goes with it ... but if it's anything like the club I play for it's almost entirely good natured and great fun.
    I wish I was just "over 50" it is over 65s for me!

have to say i fair enjoyed the session yesterday albeit with low numbers. hopefully we get a few more bodies along.

i hadnt played football for 20 odd years and only just started walking football a few months ago. its great fun and as the previous poster mentioned it takes some time to get up to speed and get used to the walking , 3 touches etc. its not as easy as it sounds.

I thought this was about today 🙈🤣

Just thought I’d give this thread a wee bump.
    I was along tonight and really enjoyed the kick about with a good bunch of lads and encourage anyone thinking about coming alone to do so.
    I can’t imagine we will get this weather often tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really enjoyable game on Fri. Even teams and a competitive match that ended in a draw. I had not played football for 10 years and was not sure it was for me. Great bunch of guys and a good workout for an hour. Come down and give it a try, we had 12 but room for many more.

Quote Originally Posted by Loopz View Post
    Really enjoyable game on Fri. Even teams and a competitive match that ended in a draw. I had not played football for 10 years and was not sure it was for me. Great bunch of guys and a good workout for an hour. Come down and give it a try, we had 12 but room for many more.
    That’s 5 times I’ve played now and really enjoy it. With an age group between 50 and early 70s it really is a game for everyone. Hopefully it’s something that will keep on going, I would recommend it to anyone.

Played our 1st ever competitive games today in the Raith Rovers tournament. Beat 2-1 in the semi finals, a really enjoyable day.

@hibs.net private member StevieT's Avatar
    I play at Montrose and really enjoy it

Played our 1st ever competitive games today in the Raith Rovers tournament. Beat 2-1 in the semi finals, a really enjoyable day.
    Well done, from a Linlithgow Rose WF player.

Quote Originally Posted by linlithgowhibbie View Post
    Well done, from a Linlithgow Rose WF player.
    Not sure you’re the correct person, if so, Davie has a photo you will like

Not sure you’re the correct person, if so, Davie has a photo you will like
    Don't know if I am!! He could PM me if that helps.

Well done the hibees from a Dunfermline Dynamo!