hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: McKirdy

@hibs.net private member cameronw-hfc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vault Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Criticism of his general conduct and performance perhaps, nothing near abuse. And miles away from being called a paedo, which he found was the appropriate response. There’s no excusing it.
    I seen a few shocking comments on his other posts tbf. Not condoning it, should never have said it or reacted but think it's all just petulant behaviour due to frustration at no gametime (partly his fault also) and the abuse he's getting.

There was a post a few days ago he removed I assume due to the comments as I seen a few and they were out of order.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by cameronw-hfc View Post
    I seen a few shocking comments on his other posts tbf. Not condoning it, should never have said it or reacted but think it's all just petulant behaviour due to frustration at no gametime (partly his fault also) and the abuse he's getting.

There was a post a few days ago he removed I assume due to the comments as I seen a few and they were out of order.
    See tbh mate the boys a fud and if he’s posting stories like that on instagram and not having the bottle to keep them up then **** him, deserves a wee heckle in his posts comments. Clown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can accept that some of the comments he gets might be tough for him to read, but we’ve had droves of players who have underperformed and/or didn’t get any game time and have managed to avoid regular outbursts on social media culminating in labelling a Hibs fan as a nonce. He just needs to leave, then everyone can move on.

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar

Should just take himself off social media then. Needs to be aware of who he is representing. Comes over very unprofessional. This isn't Northern Premier League or the Isthmian. He'd do well to remember that and stop behaving like it is.

Lots of the squad don't get game time but manage to stay professional and avoid "petulant behaviour."
    Last edited by Baader; 08-05-2023 at 12:40 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by ErinGoBraghHFC View Post
    See tbh mate the boys a fud and if he’s posting stories like that on instagram and not having the bottle to keep them up then **** him, deserves a wee heckle in his posts comments. Clown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is ridiculous. You’ve called him a fud, a clown wtf is going on here?

He gets ridiculous abuse on social media from our fans all the time, he’s obviously someone who struggles to deal with that (he’s probably frustrated to with the lack of game time and also he’s not had one game in his favoured position yet he’s always stuck out wide)

We have a part of our support that just doesn’t take to players and then jump on them right away. He’s frustrated about being on the bench - so what? That’s fair - if I was LJ I’d be saying prove to me you should be starting up top.

Swap him for Reading player we have been credited with interest in ?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by dmc1875 View Post

He gets ridiculous abuse on social media from our fans all the time, he’s obviously someone who struggles to deal with that (he’s probably frustrated to with the lack of game time and also he’s not had one game in his favoured position yet he’s always stuck out wide)

We have a part of our support that just doesn’t take to players and then jump on them right away. He’s frustrated about being on the bench - so what? That’s fair - if I was LJ I’d be saying prove to me you should be starting up top.
    What is his favoured position? Always seemed to me he was a wide forward, a lot of his Swindon goals are him in wide positions, If we’ve signed him as a central striker when the manager only plays one the recruitment is even more worrying no chance was he surviving up here as a lone striker

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    He’s not Hibs Class on or off the field. Hope he’s moved on in the summer.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    McKirdBye

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dmc1875 View Post

If he can't control himself on social media when he's got all the time he needs to make the right decisions, he's going to be mighty easy to wind up on the pitch which makes him a liability.

Now you might tolerate that short fuse if he was pulling up trees for the team, but he's not done anything of note with the opportunities he's had.

I'm not sure we'll see him in a Hibs shirt again and I certainly wouldn't trust him against hearts.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Up-the-slope View Post
    What reading player is that?

Coaching Staff
    Irrespective of what he’s done OFF the park he hasn’t been good enough ON it

Think his Hibs time is drawing to a close.

Quote Originally Posted by Up-the-slope View Post
    Would Reading want him?

@hibs.net private member
    Hibs.net is the only social media I do nowadays so I have no idea what's going on with twitter, instagram etc but he's nowhere near the standard we need. We need to cut our losses in the summer.

He has said himself he needs to be playing games He isn’t has hasn’t been good enough So I would think he will want a move in the summer and we will be happy to offload him if someone will take him
    Have no interest in what he is doing on social media but no goals and no assists is no use to us

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    What reading player is that?
    Can't think of us being linked to any Reading players?

I have more hope in Hoppe…

Personally, I think it's just not worked out at Hibs and I don't have any ill feelings toward the guy.

I think the best result for all parties would be a move to a new club down south at the end of the season and I genuinely hope he gets somewhere he enjoys and gets game time.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by allezsauzee View Post
    Hibs.net is the only social media I do nowadays so I have no idea what's going on with twitter, instagram etc but he's nowhere near the standard we need. We need to cut our losses in the summer.
    Hibs net is about the only thing I have ever used social media wise probably because I am an old fart but have heard others talking about the trouble they cause.
    If he is getting abuse surely the best thing is to come of these platforms ,the club should be telling him to do the same.
    Every Hibs fan has been wanting him to do well doesn't look it is going to work , move him on in the summer and hopefully any replacement will be far better.

I've stuck by him so far and still do.

He's not had many opportunities but he hasn't looked bad to me when he has played, we've had miles worse.

It just looked like he needed a goal or a spark to set him off, instead he's had an air of frustration and mild desperation about him.

I was impressed with his highlight reel from Swindon and feel that in the right team with the right environment he could flourish but I've come to accept that it's not going to be at Easter Road.

The social media stuff just seems to sink certain characters - McKirdy, Griffiths and the like.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I've stuck by him so far and still do.

He's not had many opportunities but he hasn't looked bad to me when he has played, we've had miles worse.

It just looked like he needed a goal or a spark to set him off, instead he's had an air of frustration and mild desperation about him.

I was impressed with his highlight reel from Swindon and feel that in the right team with the right environment he could flourish but I've come to accept that it's not going to be at Easter Road.

The social media stuff just seems to sink certain characters - McKirdy, Griffiths and the like.

Social media is just a way for folk to express themselves to a bigger audience… we say we want characters in the team then attack them for showing their character.

I don’t mind him being frustrated at a lack of game time. If he wants to stay he should be doing everything he can to impress the manager and earn that chance.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Social media is just a way for folk to express themselves to a bigger audience… we say we want characters in the team then attack them for showing their character.

I don’t mind him being frustrated at a lack of game time. If he wants to stay he should be doing everything he can to impress the manager and earn that chance.
    I want characters at the club but the kinda characters that will fight for their place, respect the club and fans and can score goals. Harry isn't that kinda character.

@hibs.net private member 18Craig75's Avatar
    When you order Jason Cummings off Wish…

Quote Originally Posted by h1bs4life View Post
    Hibs net is about the only thing I have ever used social media wise probably because I am an old fart but have heard others talking about the trouble they cause.
    If he is getting abuse surely the best thing is to come of these platforms ,the club should be telling him to do the same.
    Every Hibs fan has been wanting him to do well doesn't look it is going to work , move him on in the summer and hopefully any replacement will be far better.
    10/10

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    Even if he has posted something a bit daft, the personal abuse he is getting on social media is way over the top.

I really hope it works out for him still here, though it seems his time is maybe running out and he is clearly getting frustrated.

Quote Originally Posted by MrRobot View Post
    Even if he has posted something a bit daft, the personal abuse he is getting on social media is way over the top.

I really hope it works out for him still here, though it seems his time is maybe running out and he is clearly getting frustrated.
    He seems to dig in and run about enthusiastically but to little effect.

The set up doesn’t seem to work for him. Not sure if the couches have a clear idea how he might work in the side.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    He just needs to grow up. He's 26 now. Completely understand being frustrated at not starting games, especially after the season he had last year. But posting daft things on social media isn't going to help his cause with the fans.

Hibs fans will easily change their opinion on a player once they start performing. Just look at the difference of opinion on Campbell from a season ago.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post

Calling Hibs fans nonces is some way to express yourself.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Vault Boy View Post
    I can accept that some of the comments he gets might be tough for him to read, but we’ve had droves of players who have underperformed and/or didn’t get any game time and have managed to avoid regular outbursts on social media culminating in labelling a Hibs fan as a nonce. He just needs to leave, then everyone can move on.
    I don't agree that the abuse he gets is justified, nor was his alleged response to the abuse. Two wrongs don't make a right and all that.

Players being abused by Hibs fans has always been something I've struggled with, I hate it, to be honest. Folk can justify it however they like, but nobody comes out of it looking good.

Marinello's post on it earlier in the thread was good. McKirdy's not chosen for it to not work out here, he wants to play and isn't getting a chance (he clearly thinks he's good enough, Johnson clearly thinks otherwise).

It's unrealistic because of what life is like these days, folk rush to be offended and want to bite back, but it saddens me that the response to his bench post on Instagram wasn't folk telling him to stick in, to keep working, to prove folk wrong etc.

Doubling down on it being ok to abuse him because he was out of line doesn't help anyone.

I think his time's up here, I really wanted it to work out for him, as I'm sure he did, but it hasn't and it probably won't.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Calling Hibs fans nonces is some way to express yourself.
    Do you think they'll ever get over it?